Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the point of a full transition if someone is just going to out themselves?

Still loving this thread! Thank you Kate that was both relevant to the issue while giving me a good laugh during my morning coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by Kate T View Post
    Occasionally, just occasionally, I do think "it would be sort of nice to just move away and start again where no one knows my past".
    I did get that chance. Moved, and during transition I tried to use different banks, and gas stations, etc. in boy or girl mode. It didn't really work, because there's an overlap in everything we do in life. It helped a bit, but now I'm the girl who changed sex in my small farming community. In the end, it didn't do much but buy some time during an awkward in between phase. There's things like the blood lab. The tech certainly knows what's going on from reading the requisition. Banks...your name is right there in front of them. I changed my name very early in the game, but still, I only had to go to the bank once with my old name. The guy at the local garage 'Have we met?', then he sees my car. 2+2.
    Maybe if I had transitioned at 18 I would have covered my tracks better.
    Bottom line, and most important. People found out...nobody cared.