Thread: Stupid question

Stupid question

I'm new here and have a stupid question. I understand the anonymous pics and profile info, but at the same time I wonder why? Isn't this a site where we can be free?

Banned Read only
    The anonymous are afraid a neighbor, relative, friend browsing this site will clock them and their little CD secret is out.

Banned Read only
    If you "understand anonymous pics and profile info," then I think you know the answer to your question. Not everyone appreciates the lifestyles of the participants here. As you probably have read numerous times on this site wearing women's clothing is a highly personal undertaking. To be 'outed' to the wrong person may lead to consequences the participant may not have anticipated. Perhaps a prospective employer will see your lifestyle choice, and, decide the person's lifestyle does not fit his or her corporate image.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You know all the closet girls will pounce on you for even asking that question so be ready.
    I don't give out personal info online but am more than happy to post a pic of my real self here either in a thread or my avatar.
    I don't care if someone I know recognizes me. If they are looking here they are probably a CDer or TG so whats the problem?

Thank you Tracii, who else would be on this site? The NSA is looking for terrorist...

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Granted, I don't have a face pic. I'm looking now into a photoshoot and a MUA.

Reality Check
    This sort of question comes up on a regular basis. Those of us who know the Internet know to never put anything on the Internet that you don't want the world to know. Once you put something on the Internet, you've lost control of it.

You should know that everyone here may not be who they say they are. You should also know that anyone here can download photos to their own computers and then repost them somewhere else. Someone can take bits of information you post and possibly figure out who you are. You've already posted your location (assuming it's true).

Granted, it doesn't matter for some members but it could cause serious problems for others.

Banned Read only
    Well,then ditch the "misschris" and post your entire legal name and the exact address where you live. Prospective employers, who may include the NSA for some, will peruse social media accounts. My wife uses her true name when posting on line and her comments show up in a search of her name. Even comments made on this site and images too show up when a person 'googles' images and word phrases. Try it some time. Whether you or I like it people do act on their prejudices.

PS: I suspect there are more than "lurking" cross dressers perusing the part of the forum that is open to the public based on the ratio of people reading the open part and the number reading the members' only parts. There are a lot of people in this world who still like to stick their noses where they don't belong.

Banned Read only
    MissChris,
    As far as the M/F section is concerned it is totally open to visitors as well as members, so we do take a chance on what we say and what pictures we post. OK the other sections are easily accessed as a member once you have ten posts behind you.

Some are in the closet and totally happy with that so being anonymous suits them, they want to keep CDing to themselves. I felt it was more like solitary confinement I had a need to come out and the forum offered the first chance of doing that, to me it was worth it because since coming out other members have helped me so now I go out socially and meet other members of the TG community. The circle of people that know is growing all the time, I don't have a problem with that I'm not ashamed of what I am. I'm not that naive to think it could backfire on me , we are open to the World. At the moment I see that as a good thing, sharing CDing thoughts and problems with members from around the World has been a real eye opener, someone in Australia or South Africa and across the pond in the US and Canada still contend with either a DADT situation or they are fully supported by their partners.
    The forum is wonderful because we can have friends and support someone the other side of the World, that's another reason why I choose to be open and show my face , if I can help a single CDer come to terms with it then it's worth it.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misschris View Post
    Isn't this a site where we can be free?
    Sharing all this personal info, like the fact that I used to sleep with a guy while I was en femme, for example, which is something that I don't really share IRL -- *isn't* considered being free?

Reminds me of a line in a popular song--- "Freedom's just another word for nothing else to lose" Was that Janis Joplin?

Quote Originally Posted by CONSUELO View Post
    Was that Janis Joplin?
    Kris Kristopherson wrote it... But I digress.

Yes you can be free, within the constraints of the site. And this is a "safer" site than most crossdressing/transgender sites. One of the most common things on here is "why are you closeted?" Everyone has their reasons. And quite a few do eventually feel more at ease in the world. But truthfully, most here cannot even be "free" in their own homes. Let's call it more of a "safe harbor" over a free zone
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

If I understand it correctly, the Avatar is open to search bots (think Google) and the profile pic is not.

Also, the MtF CD section is also open to search bots. So, if you know your "screen name" you can Google your posts. Try it!
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Some here may be surprised to read this, but there R vanilla folks out there that think what we do is weird, unnatural, even twisted or perverted.

And, I know you may be shocked, but when I'm out I've had people laff out loud and exclaim,"OMG! that was a man!"
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Years ago I created a female avatar on a virtual life 'game' and even that googles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Even if this were a completely secure site, filled with only crossdressers, you cannot exclude the evil intent of some people who may themselves be crossdressing. But mostly I'm just insecure myself.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    This is a very personal forum, yet some are more concerned about being outed than others outside the forum; to each their own.
    Since I do stand-up comedy en femme, I personally am not very concerned.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Read what has already been posted and then do a search for other similar thread topics. Another good reason is that some pictures here can be copied and then posted on other sites, private and public, including social media sites where everything is shared, or most of it. A past active member, who made a brief appearance just a couple of months ago (and just today too) had her picture hijacked and posted in a Craigslist Personals ad! I think that is a more than valid reason for some people to participate and still maintain their personal security when it comes to getting outed when they are not ready, or worse.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 10-25-2016 at 05:51 PM.

Welcome, and it is not a stupid question.
    There is always a chance someone pretends to be a CDer to get into member only areas. I have seen a few with < 10 posts that got tossed out. I don't know if there are ones that did get past. Certainly the Boy mode/Girl mode pictures are revealing if a facial recognition software was used and re-posted by a 'fake' member. I used ClosetED as that won't be useful to Google and used legs as avatar (and they are a nice feature). While our loved ones may understand, we see enough derision in public to know the average person is still not ready - but it is getting better. I have posted 100s of pictures, but no one has outed me yet. And if I Google closeted and Ellen and crossdresser - you still get nothing. I did go to the Tiffany Club in Massachusetts, so I was seen there, but that is private place with like minded people.
    Hugs, Ellen

Cynthia Katherine Davis is my real name. And my avatar picture is what I really look like. I have a fake name that I sometimes use when I'm not on this site, and a disguise that makes me look male. But here, I'm always real.