Thread: Does anyone SKI in CD? What do you do for active wear?

Does anyone SKI in CD? What do you do for active wear?

I live in Colorado, and an avid snow skier. Full time retirement affords me many week days where I go into the mountains for a ski day, often alone on the slope. I am "dying" to wear bright red lipstick instead of lip balm this season.

BUT!... I was going to buy a new ski outfit this season anyway; probably guy ski clothes. These days, so much of the ski wear is almost unisex. But there's still a lot of cute things out there. I'm thinking my new ski clothes should be FEMME.

Is there anyone out there that skis "en femme"?, What do you do for ski clothing? Wig (under a ski helmet?).
    And what about other Active Wear? Certainly some of you girls work out, run, ride a bike, go to the gym, etc. Share your active wear secrets and what you wear.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Bright neon colored bib pants.....cute bolero type jacket......

While I am not a skier,I do ride motorcycles and have found myself wanting to get women's riding gear.I have an image in my mind from years ago during a trip to The Black Hills.I was on the interstate and got passed by a group riding BMW motorcycles.Among them was a petite women fully dressed in BMW branded protective gear. Completely covered,but she was the hottest thing I had ever seen riding a motorcycle.

Now if I could just lose another 20 or 30 lbs,,,,,, wishful thinking.
    Joan58

Oh, Joan.
    What a great additional thought. I have a Sportser, and frankly never thought of CD leather riding togs.
    I am SO there.
    v/r
    Ilene

Banned Read only
    Ilene,
    I'd love to !

Sad to say I haven't been for five years but skiing with my grandsons is on my bucket list .

This is definitely on my bucket list! Thanks to the unisex styles these days, it would be so easy: a little lip gloss, a bula with pigtails and presto, I'll be a girl!

"grew up" here so my skiing outfits are a bit more primitive. Jeans, sweatshirt and old down jacket with a wool beanie

course, it was all girls, but hey...

Hey I'm a skier too! I always go in fem! Big boobs full hips! Usually no wig as it doesn't seem to like my helmet... Some brown lips. Wear women's volcom two piece/one piece (zips at powder skirt awesome for fat powder days!) As for active wear (I think u are talking about base layer?) all under armour heat gear fits tight n sexi! it's always exciting to ride the lift with total strangers. Have never had a problem.
    Last edited by Danielle_cder; 10-12-2016 at 08:43 PM.
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Hmmmm. Danielle. Do you have an Epic season pass?

That sounds great, and I can imagine from your photo (also a great look) what you must look like in ski gear.
    I'm going to get out and shop, maybe Boulder Ski, or CO Golf & Ski (I'm thinking you're in the metro area).

I can hardly wait. It's been over 10 yrs since I bought ski clothes, and all of THAT stuff looks like I'm gearing up for Mt Everest. I really want to do something stunning 'en femme'; maybe stretch ski pants (do they still make those?). Someone down the thread suggested hot pink for jacket/pants. Very tempting.
    I'm already daydreaming of wearing bright red lipstick instead of Chapstick.

When I was a in middle school I tried a sports bra, but I didn't really like the way it felt on me. My active wear these days is pretty gender neutral, but sometimes I'll wear a cute T-shirt with my excercise shorts.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    Due to a nasty leg injury over 30 years ago, my skiing days are over.
    I have been working out lately (nice to fit into skirts I haven't been able to wear for a long time!), and the cute outfits give me the incentive. I have a drawer full of sports bras, and lots of racerback running and yoga tops. I also have several running skorts (fun to wear on the treadmill...love the feel!), and a large collection of workout capris. My sneakers are either bright pink, or baby blue, depending on my mood and outfit choice. It's so much more enjoyable for me to work out in a bright neon outfit!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I use to get an epic pass, now that I have my daughter my ski days are far more limited. I use to ski over a 100 days a year! Now I'm lucky if I get 20..... But those 20 days are all fem!
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Have to agree Prettytoes on the injury stopping things. April 11, 1986...hows that for remembering...last run down the face of Copper. Yeah I was tired and yeah I shouldn't have but there was this cool lip off the snow-cat crossing that you could get some nice air. I was pretty good at helicopters but landed this one wrong...WAY wrong. By the time I got up and skied straight down and got in the car my knee was swollen-up big time. Used to mess with peoples heads this tall chick doin helos but they were fun. It was that or get off the top and point em straight down. Did that many a time at Sunlight and Vail. Last run of the day and you ski down with the SP's - those guys are nuts! (course, your a chick and those guys like to try and impress a chick...) Anyway, I never put on another pair of skis. Doc said I did too much damage to the ligaments and even repaired they would be "iffy" at best.
    Last edited by Jennifer in CO; 10-13-2016 at 04:05 PM.

This brings up a comment a friend brought up a several years ago... I wish tight ski pants and bibs would come back into style, ski bunnies looked so much better in those...I agreed and didn't think much of it until now. He came out as TG recently. Was he...still having trouble with the pronouns...was she trying to tell me something? I'll have to ask.
    For work out wear or doing morning yoga, I like to wear cute little running shorts and and a raser back tank

I was cross country skying and on a large downhill. mountainside I was going too fast and hit a tree. Yeah they stop you dead. My knee cap was up my thigh and I pushed it back down. But know I m having some trouble with that knee like when i do burpees, it started hurting and some steps do that. So now I scuba dive and no problems there.
    Part Time Girl

Images of Claudine Longet and Spider Sabich now fill my head. I haven't skied in 35 years, used to go two days a week.
    I would worry less about how I looked on the slopes now and worry more about how easily the ski patrol could cut me out of my outfit. Truth is IF I went skiing now, I wouldn't waste time skiing but looking absolutely MaHvelous in the lodge with a hot toddy.
    But I digress

Here's some ideas ski1.jpg. May not be all that warm but certainly an attention getter

ski2.jpg What many snow bunnies wear now in Colorado (well check out the last week of the year anyway)

ski3.jpg My style

and you did ask about skin tight ski outfits...ski4.jpg
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I'm a pretty good skier and would love to give it a go in girl mode someday. I guess the outfit would have to be all that!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

In Socal....not much Skiing to do around here! lol. To answer a bit on topic, I've been wanting to start biking with a road bike, and I would LOVE to get some fem biking gear.

Probably not soon, but still a thing on the bucket list
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

Aspiring Member
    I've come close to buying/wearing women's ski pants several times but the actual opportunity to wear them is not there. I seldom ski alone. On the other hand, I always wear women's base layers. Sometimes just pantyhose, others, when it is colder, I wear women's compression leggings/pants. I have several pair - capri length, non insulated, and thicker insulated. This can be done even when dressing in view of others, like when renting a ski lodge or sharing a room.

As I was in Paris when I bought my snowboard equipment, I went to a large sports store and found a jacket in the women's side, then went to a smaller shop of a women's only sportswear brand, and got nice pants with help from a saleslady. I bought the board online from Germany, like the boots and bindings, cheaper and better quality hardware than what is commonly found in large stores carrying all the same big brands. When I am in a mountain resort village, I also enjoy the swimming pool and steam bath where I can wear one-piece swimsuits and bikinis respectively.
    In other active gear during hottest parts of summer, I wear women's split running shorts and matching tank tops, or even body-hugging boycut shorts or running briefs and sports bra for jogging on quiet roads and forest tracks.