Thread: Back Hair Any Ideas???????

Banned Read only

Back Hair Any Ideas???????

Once a month I'll dress and do my favourite thing: Down to the mall and the local MAC counter for some great makeup, then off to some dress stores to try on evening apparell. The thing is that if I could deal with my minimal back hair on my own I'd feel better when the sales ladies want to help me. Any ideas for handling it on my own? Love Ranee

Quote Originally Posted by Ranee Daze
    Once a month I'll dress and do my favourite thing: Down to the mall and the local MAC counter for some great makeup, then off to some dress stores to try on evening apparell. The thing is that if I could deal with my minimal back hair on my own I'd feel better when the sales ladies want to help me. Any ideas for handling it on my own? Love Ranee
    I shave my legs, I shave my arms, I shave my body clean
    But your black hair, to my dispair, I know not where you mean.
    "Lady Fingers"

Hi Ranee,

For goodness sake, get it waxed, it lasts for a few weeks. And if your worried about being embarrassed getting it done. Don't be,there are lots of men out there that have it done. My self included. You'll love the results!

Huggs, Renee

RE-Member

Razorba!

Waxing is great, after the red bumps go away, it's SO smooth. But you'll have to go back again and again and you will have to wait until the hair grows to a "waxable" length.

So I say ......... RAZORBA!!!!!!!!!!!! I found this online and it's a neat tool that holds the razor at a proper angle and you can shave your back quite well. Just do an internet search on Razorba, and you'll find it ... Dana will probably have the link ... she always does. It's a fantastic tool.

I did buy it, and it is worth the money, and it is not very expensive.

razora

Here is the link dear

I was told waxing is the best but I don't think I could take "the waxing".

:cheeky:

http://www.razorba.com/default.asp?aff=32435
    Last edited by jessicaparrot; 02-28-2006 at 12:33 AM.

at the salon i go to guys are in and out of the place getting there eye brows, back and neck hair removed no big deal now a days.

The laser hair salon I goto sees alot of men for removal of back hair. It's an expensive option but way more permanent. Luckly I don't have that problem, but other than shaving, nair, or waxing it's really about the only other option there is.

May

My girlfriend shaves my back. I just can't reach it all and being Italian I got lots of freaking hair back there. My back hair unshaven would look like Tony Soprano.

RE-Member

Clarify

I should probably clarify that I am getting laser on my back, which reduces the hair a lot. Plus, I did not have a lot, and it was thin and light. But it was enough to be seen up close and I hated it.

I like the razorba over waxing, which I've done, because you can do it every day in the shower and remain smooth all the time. With waxing, you can have smooth, but then you have to wait until the hair gets long again.

I suppose it's a different story for those that are much hairier and with coarse, dark hair.

An existing back scratcher (which most of us already have) and a small piece of duct tape are all that's needed. Just tape the disposable razor to the end of the back scracther and save the cost of that item described in the previous replies. I will admit that the item mentioned does look very effective but the price seems ridiculous to me. I've found that I can reach nearly all the areas of my back without the scratcher but it does come in handy for going over everything just to be sure.

Gold Member
    Gads hate back hair, thats why I don't go to the zoo, they will throw me in with the monkeys

Just get it waxed. It doesn't hurt remotely as much as I thought it would, and over time the hair will start to grow in finer and less noticable (at least this is what the girl that does my waxing says). When I first started getting waxed, I could go about six weeks between waxings. Now, a year later, I can go almost three months.

It's totally socially acceptable anymore for a guy to get his back waxed. If you are worried that someone will think poorly of you for doing it, a simple "my girlfriend is making me do this" will suffice for most people. It's the same with eyebrows. Just make a comment that you don't want to look like Cro-Magnon man, and that'll shut people up.

This electric "body shaver" for men from Walgreen works well. You can buy it at your neighborhood Walgreen pharmacy

http://www.walgreens.com/store/produ...id=prod1362686
    Bobbi

I dont have black hair, but what I have is thick. So I bleach it with blonde hair color. Makes it really less noticable and up close it looks like youve been out in the sun. Arms and legs in the summer when I dont shave as much.

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 03-02-2006 at 12:51 PM.

Waxing is your best bet.

But, I've used nair with good results. I make sure to put on a pair of long rubber gloves (the kind you clean the bathroom with) so you can reach back there without getting too much on your forearms (unless you want to remove that as well).

And, use a back washing brush after, but BE GENTLE!

Good luck!
    -Sedona

Quote Originally Posted by jessicaparrot
    Here is the link dear

I was told waxing is the best but I don't think I could take "the waxing".

:cheeky:

http://www.razorba.com/default.asp?aff=32435
    Just ordered one.

Had a look in the full length mirror a few mins ago and Back hair is worse than ever!

I used to go for back waxing but switched to laser hair removal about 18 months ago. I paid 2500.00 up front and I still go to this day for touch up at no charge. The salon I chose has a no hair guarantee.The longer you go and the sparser the hair becomes the less discomfort you have during the procedure.I'm thinking of having my chest done next although it won't work on my upper chest because there's to much gray.

Aspiring Member

Wax it!

As you have minimal back hair (in your first post) then I'd say waxing it won't hurt much at all, think of it as ripping off a sticking plaster, hurts for a brief moment then you forget about it.

I've been having my chest and back waxed for 7 years now, and although the first time it was like a jungle and hurt like hell!! since then it is so much easier, OK it still hurts a bit - but what's a little pain when it gives you so many more options in buying clothes!