Thread: I told you so!

I told you so!

Where to begin?

For those reading this post who may not know of my Cross-dressing history and what I'm all about as a Cross-dresser, I'm a M/F cross-dressing man who decided to create a character called Kathleen Dawson who would grow and mature on camera sharing her experiences, thoughts and fashion over the years in a light hearted open and honest manner.
    For roughly four years of doing so, Kate has grown and turned out to be a lot more than I ever thought she would be.
    Along the way I've met some lovely people who have taken a shine to Kate.
    Which leads me to the point of my post.
    Over the years Kate has slowly become (for some) a point of contact for those who have been seeking advice on Cross-dressing that may be curious.
    My advice is always the same. It's not a race or a competition, don't get caught up in the fever of feelings that you may feel rushing through your body.
    Take your time, relax, experiment, have fun and enjoy the ride. And what ever you do, don't make a video or take pictures of yourself and post them on places like YouTube!
    Posting in this fashion is a huge step and comes with unmeasured results!
    Because Kathleen is a character created by a man who is a Cross-dresser she can appear to some to be real. I stress and openly repeat she is not real, the man underneath is real but she is a construct of my imagination.
    Think of Divine for example, a larger than life character played out by a man who loved dressing as a women. Divine was an extension of Glenn Milstead who for many was a real person and in some respects still is very much alive in our hearts.

So it comes as a great disappointment when I see people copy Kathleen's style, misquoting her and generally trying to abuse her good nature throughout the years.
    I truly try to warn people of a curious nature to slow down! But alas they never heed my warnings. The latest person to fall foul of this what I would term as a "sticky gender honey trap" was a middle aged man that I had known for a couple of years who understood my personal drive as a Cross-dresser with a cunning plan and grand design.
    He liked me as a person and not just as Kate and enjoyed many other videos I posted that weren't Cross-dressing related.
    I wrote and produced music for his channel and helped him in many ways with editing techniques and so on.
    So when an email appeared in my inbox expressing that he wanted to start Cross-dressing he got the standard reply back and this is the very email he received.

One thing I always say to people who are getting in to cross-dressing.
    "It's not a race or a competition" There is no rush and youv'e got nothing to prove.
    I would hold back on making videos, think about the reasons why you're doing it!
    For a thrill or for the performance - I'm the latter.
    I'm saying all of this not to be a killjoy, but if this is early days of exploring this world of dress up and make believe then baby steps are politely advised.

Two days later a video appeared on YouTube on his channel, filmed in black and white of him straddling a chair wearing ill fitting ladies lingerie in a gas mask rubbing himself up and down.
    I'm being incredibly thoughtful on my wording at this point, he isn't a small man in all departments if you catch my drift.
    Needless to say the words "OH... my God, what are you doing man" fell from my mouth on viewing his video. I don't shock easily and have seen many get a kick and buzz from Kate and try to emulate her infectious care free ways. It looks easy but it's not all puppies and kittens as many reading this will know. The reality of Cross-dressing can be nightmarish at times posting videos or not! Within eight hours the video had been taken down and he never contacted me again to this date.
    I tried to tell him so...
    He's not the first in long string of people that have done this and he won't be the last...

Kate D

Oh, Kate! I am so sorry to hear this. I have always liked what you have posted. Please do not let this discourage you. Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Wow, thanks for sharing this Kat. I hope newbies who get engulfed by the pink fog see this and take it to heart.
    I'm curious as to why the video was deleted. Did youtube take it down or did he? If he did do you think the buzz or thrill of it wore off and he became embarrassed watching it again? Maybe he received comments that were less than flattering? And I wonder why it is he hasn't contacted you since then.

Sobering to read your account of this and think about what this CDing bug has people do sometimes... me included.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing, Kate.
    I knew there was a reality like that, but yeesh.

It took a few years of crossdressing before I went on stage to do stand-up comedy in front of total strangers en femme.
    I know it is something that would not have went well a few years ago.
    It was just me, real name, wig to heels; audience enjoyed it.

Keep your videos going; I love your style.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Banned Read only
    Kate,
    You can't hold yourself responsible for how other adults choose to interpret your depiction of Cding through Kathleen Dawson.Lets face it if the guy in question wasn't influenced by you then it would have been someone else , he just needed a catalyst to get him started. The same will apply to others , you choose to warn them but then there are many web sites that are very explicit and they don't warn the viewers.

If you enjoy what you're doing don't stop for the ones that choose to ignore your advice they will find another way to live out their fantasies !