Thread: My next step

My next step

I finally worked up the nerve to hit a drive-thru tonite! (After 20+ years). I took the advice found here and looked for the busiest one I could find.
    After ordering and waiting to get to the window, that all-to-familiar feeling of panic crept up. I thought "I can't do this alone". So I grabbed my phone
    to call my sister (she knows). I told her what was up, and she helped me calm down, mostly just hearing her voice! Well, it was my turn at the window,
    the SA said "That $7.68, ma'am" and I hand her my card. She swiped and handed it back to me,then turned to get my order. That's when she looked at
    me through the window and smiled. She gave me the order, and while still on the phone I silently mouthed "Thank you" to her and pulled away.

It was a great experience! Just thought I would share.

Everyone likes a good story, bravo. Seeing unique things at work always cheers me up so you may have been a bright spot on that SA's day.

This is just the beginning. Enjoy!

Aspiring Member
    it is funny how the little things become such a big hurdle. When I went out for the first time, a few weeks ago, the drive thru and pumping gas were two of the big things I wanted to go, I did the drive thru but after a long day, I just didn't feel like getting gas. I am glad it was such a good experience for you. May this be the first of many.
    Sara

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hiheeledbabe View Post
    That's when she looked at me through the window and smiled..
    Now, you've done it! You'll want to go out every time you dress from now on. Good for you!

I've found that younger people, especially girls, really like the idea of a man being pretty. Once, when I took a thumb drive to Walgreen's for prints, the twenty something SA was fascinated with all of the images. She kept looking at the prints and then looking at me, exclaiming how well I transformed. She wanted me to come in as Carla sometime.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!