Thread: hints about wearing shoes

hints about wearing shoes

Hint: Please DO NOT start with 5" heels. your calves will quickly tell you of your error. Start with maybe a 1 inch heel so that you start to slowly stretch the calf. Add a half inch about every 6 months of wear of at least 60 hours per that period. Also some of us will never master those stilettos. It took me 4 years to really master those things.

Want a challenge?
    Try walking on soft earth with/without grass in high heels. If you tend to walk with your heels (long steps do that) they will quickly sink into the ground. take shorter, more lady like steps, and keep most of your weight on your toes.

HINT: if you are going to wear hose, do NOT use any nail polish with a rough surface. i.e. large glitter chunks. They can and normally will put holes and runs in your hose.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Aspiring Member
    So funny story, my first set of women's shoes were a pair of ankle boots with a 4.5" chunky heel. My next pair, 5" stiletto pumps with an ankle strap (see my profile pic). I had to learn the hard way and I agree it would probably have been much easier to have learned in lower heels. My problem with wearing lower heels though is that they make my feet look like battleships. Wearing higher heels helps me mask the overall size of my feet.

The key here is practice. Whatever you start with and however you move up, you need to practice walking in your heels A LOT before you think you're going to venture out in public. As you mentioned, shorter steps, push your butt out a little, chest up and out. It's a completely different posture that takes time to master. Learning to do that while ultimately letting your body (your hips in particular) swing more loosely is key. For many, it's hard to learn how to walk with your legs together. Most CD's that start out in heels walk like a sailor or construction worker. You've gotta ditch that macho stride.

Finally, your point about walking on soft ground is a bit confusing to me. Yes when walking on soft ground, you need to put your weight on the balls of your feet, but that's only on soft ground. When walking on regular surfaces, you should always be putting your heel down first then the toes. If you try to put your toes down first in your regular stride it makes you look like your stomping on egg shells or something (and not in that cool super-model way either). Now the point about soft ground is very true though, I learned that lesson the hard way last year on halloween. Wore those same pumps mentioned above and lost a heel pad and broke the ankle strap when the heels started to sink into the ground. Very sad, but luckily I was able to repair both

I don't wear any heels above 2 inches. I don't wear heels that often anyway, but I am already 6 feet tall and don't need the extra height. I am more of a boot girl.

It's tough to blend in and look natural when you are wearing high heels out to normal places like a mall. The only place I would wear higher heels would be a bar or club but I don't go to places like that dressed.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Coincidently, the first pair of online heels I ordered were 5". That was when I was about 60. I'm 73 now.

And, I disagree with your advice on heel size, Leslie. I still nearly get cramps when I first put on hi heels cold. The secret is to stretch your legs and feet by bending your feet as far as u can while seated. Just a couple minutes prepares my feet and legs for even my killer bondage boots!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Leslie,
    I have a thread open in beauty and shopping section referring to the correct size of heel to wear and also the reason why some people can't wear heels at all. It's titled, " It's official I can wear heels !".

Another interesting point I found was from a web site instructing how to walk in heels. Again it mentioned a comfort height for different people and the correct way to measure heel height is not the back of the heel , which is what most people think, but the point through the centre of the heel . I know some styles don't fit that rule , the type with a heel attached at the very back of the shoe, but most experts don't recommend them because they distribute the weight wrongly from the foot.

As far as the guide is concerned my suitable heel height is 3-3.25" I will admit that must be correct because I do find them the most comfortable.

The most difficult surfaces I've found to walk on are wheelchair ramps and deep course gravel, you can't tip toe on gravel like you can on soft grass.

I am with Dolovewell. My limit is 4". Generally you will find me in flats. I still practice with the heels around the house, but my flats are so comfortable. My 4" are with a 1" platform and the other is a chunky heel(I think they are 4"?) During shopping at transformation, I plan to try heels out and about, but I seldom see women out in heels except after church on Sundays. Hugs Lana Mae
    Last edited by Lana Mae; 10-18-2016 at 05:28 PM. Reason: spelling
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Great advice if you can find the different shoes that fit. At a size 16, the only things that I found I could keep on my feet for any length of time were flats and several shoes/boots with a 4 1/2 inch heel.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I have 4 inch heels which I am quite comfortable in but at 5'8'' am not particularly tall so they look okay. I wouldn't go any higher and for going out probably 2 inches would be my max.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Hi heels change the shape of your feet, even when you are sitting down. And it takes some getting used to. I personally have no interest in 5 inch stilettos, except for photos. But I can walk all day in 3 inch heels, as well as any woman. And let's face it. When do you ever see women wearing 5 inch stilettos? I wear 2 or 3 inch heels almost every day around the house, just to keep my feet used to them. It just feels normal to me now.