Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This TG thing in the media isn't doing us any favors.

By your own admissions if I remember correctly you came out Joker and then did not like the backlash so you ran back to the closet.

If you ever decide to come out and live your life authenticly in public full time then and only then do you have the right to believe that we receive benifits and protections above and beyond what cis people get. Get some RLE and then come back and rethink it..

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    ........... What EXACTLY do Transpeople get that isn't already given to ...I dunno, white males? .........
    In many states, protections are written into law for "minorities" and these often include transsexuals. If I (as a white male) kill you, it's classified as a "hate crime" and I can get extra penalties. If you kill me, it's just simple murder, nothing special. A white male can get into trouble if he refuses to hire a transsexual or rent a room to one but a transsexual can refuse to hire a white male or rent him a room because he is not a transsexual and that's OK as far as the law is concerned.

White males are fast becoming the "minorities" as far as the law is concerned.

What really needs to happen of course is for everyone to forget about race, gender, sexual orientation, "transness", etc. and just treat each other like people. Just people.

With the government keeping track of people by category and setting quotas, this is not likely to happen anytime soon.

Silver Member
    Poor poor poor white dudes are just so oppressed...

It is horrible!

I've been on both side of the fence as that white guy that did not have to worry about discrimination and all that fun stuff.

and as a trans woman been very educated what discrimination and harrasment are really like first hand.

Dont give me that white guys are getting a bad deal crap.
    Last edited by arbon; 10-21-2016 at 11:58 AM.

Hmm, Krisi. So white males are suddenly getting treated like they treated everyone else. White males make up 31% of the population so technically, if every other demographic joined into ONE, yeah they'd be the minority

Now shall we discuss "hate crime"? It is a defined a "hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender's bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity." It does, in fact cover EVERY race, religion... But let's go beyond that, don't you think that some who murders someone over race, religion... deserves extra punishment? For the murder victim, the are just as dead, so it doesn't help them. But it would keep someone who is hateful off the streets longer. I don't see it as a benefit. A benefit would be a force field that prevented being injured or murdered to start with.

IF we didn't have discrimination and hate, we wouldn't need hate crimes
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    In many states, protections are written into law for "minorities" and these often include transsexuals. If I (as a white male) kill you, it's classified as a "hate crime" and I can get extra penalties.
    I think you misstated your case here, possibly typing too fast to notice that half your sentence was missing:

If you kill a TS person, and the authorities bother to investigate your transphobia and having bothered to investigate that can be bothered to charge you with the additional crime, and if the jury does not buy your Trans-panic defence, then you might be convicted of a hate crime and if it gets that far, then you might get a further sentence to run concurrently with the main sentence.

If you kill me, it's just simple murder, nothing special.
    A typical misrepresentation of equalities legislation by someone who wishes to pretend that they need to be more equal than others.
    If someone kills you because you are white cis male, then that is covered by the same hate crime legislation as if you murder someone for not being white or for not being cis.

A white male can get into trouble if he refuses to hire a transsexual or rent a room to one but a transsexual can refuse to hire a white male or rent him a room because he is not a transsexual and that's OK as far as the law is concerned.
    Again a typical misrepresentation as quoted by haters the world over. If I refuse to hire you because you are not transsexual, then that comes under the same discrimination as when you refuse to hire someone because they are not white cis male.

White males are fast becoming the "minorities" as far as the law is concerned.
    By repeating the same clap trap that all the hate organisations offer to justify treating people who are different from them less well than they would treat someone who is not different, you give the appearance that you actually believe this rubbish or worse that you could be one of those haters.

What really needs to happen of course is for everyone to forget about race, gender, sexual orientation, "transness", etc. and just treat each other like people. Just people.
    If everyone were to do as you suggest, then there would be no need for legislation making it a crime to treat someone less well on the basis of those characteristics.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 10-22-2016 at 01:48 AM.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Gold Member
    Damn I do not know how but it happened, see photo...

So let me sneak this in before the inevitable happens...

So here in my town, there is some 18 year old kid who shot and killed a 50 something year old female art teacher.
    This teacher was not TG, just an everyday GG, sitting on her porch.

Why did he do it? Mistaken identity. The kid apparently thought it was some guy, yes, some guy who had ripped him off (probably materials for bible study, yeah right.)

I am thinking, "Who on god's green earth is gonna mistake a 50 year old feminine looking woman for some guy?" This woman could not be mistaken for a man no matter what.
    It was not a hate crime, just some punk ass thug trying to get even for theft.

So here a GG gets mistaken for some guy. That is not how they worded it but that is supposedly how it happened. When I heard I thought, "Just how dumb is the general public?" Suddenly i didn't feel as bad over a few idiots calling me sir.

As far as "special rights" - I think every sector of society has certain privileges AND disadvantages specific to their own group.
    Yet, every group thinks they are being discriminated against. ANY given person has no shortage of reasons as to why their life is supposedly more difficult than the rest of us. The fact is - the real world does not discriminate. It wants to shit on ALL of our parades regardless of age, gender, color, nationality, body weight, height, hair color...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Krisi
    I am so sorry that you have to endure these hardships of being a white male every day. Especially one that hides in his house wearing women's clothes all the while knowing your good ole white male friends would despise you if they really knew who and what you are. We have faced those men and told the truth. We aren't fighting for our rights as much as we are fighting for people's rights like you. Go spout that shit off with your buddies, but remember the women in this forum know the real you. We hate that you would be despised. We hate that you have to hide. We hate your buddies false sense of superiority. You have never lost anything because you never risked anything when it comes to gender presentation. How in the world you think you can come in this section and comment like that defies logic. Maybe you should warn your white male friends that the transexuals are banding together to take their rights away. Oh, you can't even tell them that you know us can you?
    Life Is One Big Dilation

Aspiring Member

Yet, every group thinks they are being discriminated against.
    Ironically, they are. If everyone could mind their own damned business and quit worrying what everyone else was doing, the world would be a much better place. As John Donne so eloquently stated, "ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for the..... (and to paraphrase a bit,) no man or woman is an island". It will be lovely when we can all get along, till that day though, we trans women deserve to be protected from predatory haters that have the power (mainly white males) to make us miserable...or much, much worse, merely to support their phobias, beards or pathetic hatred. To fail to see our right to live unfettered lives is myopic at its best and miserably ignorant at its worst. For Joker to come to this forum as one of us and espouse that attitude, well...that's social suicide. I think an apology is owed to us all. It would show your position was poorly considered and I'm sure that most here would see that and accept that people say things sometimes that are said In haste. Been there myself an...well, there by the grace .......and all that.
    Last edited by jentay1367; 10-23-2016 at 01:08 PM.

Untitled
    Done and dusted
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another