Thread: Been doing it all wong

Been doing it all wong

As the song goes, I been looking for love in all the wrong places. Dating sites, clubs...wrong. Ace Hardware parking lot..that's where it's at.

I had to stop in and get something to repair a toilet (and now I am exhausted...it was the handle ) and as I got out of my car I heard a man talking. I assumed it was on a bluetooth since I didn't see a phone but anyway, wasn't my business. I went in, got what I needed, went back to the car and started home...that's when I saw the paper under my wiper.

Oh no! Someone hit my car or saw something like a brake light being out! I stopped and grabbed the note. Then a sigh of relief

Call me, I would really love to get to know you- Angelo 720-XXX-XXXX
    It was sweet...then creepy...then sweet again

No I am not going to call (he was pretty good looking too)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I would text him to meet me at the Black Crown Lounge on Thursday.

You are scary god looking Ms L... you just had to get that beautiful red hair out in the sunlight and 'fish on' sister lol!
    Enjoy our new life and seek peace Give love and kindness to others Live patience, self control, humility each day

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    ...why not?

You also said, in another thread, 'But in talking to a friend a while back I did mention that dates were not running to my doorstep'

I'm not questioning your decision, I'm asking what lies behind your decision.
    Last edited by Nikkilovesdresses; 10-21-2016 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Added another quote
    I used to have a short attention spa

Reality Check
    It could have been worse. He could have been waiting when you came out, standing in front of your car door.

He left it up to you. No harm in calling him if you block your phone number.

It makes sense to me that you would meet someone while doing things that people have to do every day. I've also heard lots of people meet at the supermarket, I guess for the same reason.

It was sweet...then creepy...then sweet again
    I can somewhat understand that. After so many years of that, I find less and less. It can be a self defeating attitude.

I will then spend days regretting and thinking about the lost opportunities.

If he's cute, meet him in a public coffee shop and see if he's a decent guy. If you ask the forces of the universe to drop a cute guy in your lap by complaining you never meet said guy and then it does just that and you ignore it... well??? Keep doing what you've been doing and you'll keep getting what you've been getting. My experience is you get what you expect and ask for in life. It works both ways too! Positively and negatively. Stick your neck out there girl. Nothing ventured...nothing gained. He may be the one! You'll never know if you don't try.
    Last edited by jentay1367; 10-21-2016 at 04:53 PM.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    The suspense is killing me...
    I used to have a short attention spa

I don't know why any guy or gal would not want to have coffee or dinner with you! Your one of the really cool gals on here. I always read your posts.

Edie

Gone

Smile Awww, C'mon!!!

Gotta go with Jentay on this one. Get a burner number on a cheap prepaid phone and have at it!

I think it would have been creepy if he had followed you into the store, as it is, he's left it your choice.

Try meeting at a coffee shop (or a bar), but have the place loaded. Amy, Phyllis and the rest of the posse sitting close.

Hint: Say 1800. if he says shots or margaritas? Yeah, he'd be a keeper.

Leah (yeah, that one!)
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Gone

Another thought...

Ace Hardware parking lot..that's where it's at.
    Interesting. I have another lady friend in Fort Collins that has been dating a guy she met who works at Ace, so perhaps there's something to your theory.

You know I would be happy to come down and surreptitiously cover your back from the other side of the room. I'll even buy my own dinner! You do know that's what friends are for, right?

got to agree with the crowd here... I think that was a nice way of trying to meet you - and maybe he was shy. I was and I was a nice guy. Certainly a good chance he is actually creepy but I think if you are smart and careful you can extricate yourself if need be. Sounds like an opportunity. But of course it has to feel right for you.

I think Nikki asks a fair question - what lies behind your decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    ...why not?

You also said, in another thread, 'But in talking to a friend a while back I did mention that dates were not running to my doorstep'

I'm not questioning your decision, I'm asking what lies behind your decision.
    This reminds of that joke where a guy is stranded on his roof from a flood and is sure that God will save him. Someone in a rowboat comes by offering help, then a motorboat, then a helicopter and each time he said, "no thanks. I have faith that God will save me."

So he dies.

Goes to heaven and asks why didn't He save him from the roof and God replied, "hey! I sent two boats and a helicopter. What more did you expect."

It appears as though The Universe has dropped a fella in your lap.
    I like the idea of a burner phone. Or you could get one of those free txt apps for your phone and make a call from that number.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Lorileah,

Perhaps the original company slogan applies in your case:

"Ace is the place with the helpful hardware man"

Banned Read only
    Lorileah,
    Sorry to be a little cynical but maybe go back to the same car park and see if it happens again, and also check other wipers to make sure he's not leaving a note under all of them and just trying to pick anyone up !

Ingenius Teresa--excellent point!
    Marie