Thread: 2 days alone...ideas?

2 days alone...ideas?

Hi ladies,

So in the coming weeks I'm going to have 2 full days to my self to be able to dress and was wondering if anyone has any ideas what I should do?

I've never been out while dress so I think that will limit me but I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks x

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Do you drive? I found that a good way to 'dip the toe' into the outside world.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Agreed Diane. Go for a drive. Even if it is at night.

Hi Diane, yes I do drive but not sure where I'd drive to? Just drive around?

Rosie, one day I just had to go out(was never out dressed in anyway) ! I got as dressed as I could(no wig no makeup) wore women's flats with pantyhose (Tights) used small breast enhancers in a bra with woman's jeans and top. I swallowed hard and walked straight to the car and followed a pre-planned route with an unplanned loop around a local park. Past two police officers in the park and a road flagman where a truck was blocking the road. Nothing scary happened they hardly noticed me! It was broad daylight. I returned home and went in the house. It was such a rush and confidence booster. Just go out and do it! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I posted my Driving dressed thread before I saw this. I think it's a great way to "get out" while dressed! Even at night. Sometimes as as a lonely single... um, person/guy/lady? lol I'll get as dressed as I want and just cruise around town to get out the house.

Platinum Member
    Hi Rosie, If you are not going out have your own little fashion show,

Think about a nice out to sleep in......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sandra - New Dresser
    I've seen a few girls here find a secluded place to take some pretty daylight photos, like a woodsy area; maybe you could drive to a place like that? And if you have / could borrow or rent a convertible, well... that would be amazing.

Rosie, dear.
    I'm in your heels too, except I have a full week. I'll share with you what I have in mind for what amounts to my first real solo flight in full gear.
    First, the S.O. knows about my dressing. Not entirely comfortable but loving and accepting; has even bought me clothes. She's not entirely comfortable with "it" going outside the house. Probably the same situation in which you find yourself. I've also told her about my one great venture into The World dressed up. She just doesn't want to see it and (so far) won't go out with me while I'm dressed up.
    She's leaving for a week to visit east coast relative. I'm home alone, no adult supervision and no daily obligations. Every day will be a dress up day.
    Day 1 : I have a make over scheduled at my local Ulta store. Going in dressed up. After that, I go shopping for a while. Lunch with myself at a bistro I've picked in advance. Later that night? Don't know, but there will be a photo session while the makeup is still fresh.

Day 2. Pictures. This will be the first day of morning walks while fully dressed. I may take in a movie and a drink that evening.
    Day 3. I'm going to have lunch with another CD I met here on the forum. Time and place TBD.
    Day 4. Going to my local (cannabis) dispensary. The girls love me there and don't know. It will be a hoot.
    Day 5. I have an appointment with my audiologist. Love her to pieces. I'm dressing up for her.

I'm going to take some pics while my make up is at its best. I plan to go OUT; shopping probably more than clubbing. I expect I'd find only mischief in night clubs (but it's tempting. one of our board adminsitrators performs in this area). I haven't determined.
    But the goal is to DRESS MY BEST ever, and to brazenly go forth into The World.
    Go out. Don't let it limit you. It is exhilarating and liberating.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I love doing that. I have an Infiniti G37 convertible, and I love to put down the top and drive around.. Always wear the biggest earrings. My favorite thing is to have silk headscarf on my head, blowing in the breeze.
    Love the looks too.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Your 5-day mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.

If I may suggest a couple of other ideas:

(1) A mani/pedi - You'll have a week to rock it while your wife is gone
    (2) Wig shopping
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Silver Member
    Rosie, if you can get yourself out of the house and into your car, may I recommend you go out dress shopping? Although it sounds intimidating, a dress shop, in my experience, is the most comfortable, supportive place a crossdressser can be. Perfect for settling nerves and even receiving some confidence building affirmation.

If you're afraid of being spotted by someone you know, pick a place that's a half hour's drive away. Use that time to calm down and just enjoy the freedom of being out in your prettiest dress (because this occasion deserves your best look, of course!). At your destination, just walk yourself to the door and stride in, confident in the the knowledge that you will be welcome.

Once inside, you will very soon be approached by a sales assistant who will ask you if she can help you. The easiest answer would be "No thanks, just browsing", but please don't, because this is the moment your whole life can change for the better. You answer should be "I'm looking for a dress in size 12", (or whatever your size is). Because she is a professional who knows your money is as good as any female customer's, she will treat you with all the respect you deserve and the whole shopping experience will proceed so naturally it will surprise you.

I hope this all sounds easy, because it really is. The message from anyone in this forum who is out in public will tell you the biggest obstacles are our own internal fears. Once those fears are conquered, they find that the world is much friendlier than they imagined. I really hope you can find the courage to get out and learn that for yourself.

I've got four days/three nights next week while my wife is away (Monday afternoon until Thursday evening). I've been planning my days for a while; still working on the details (and the courage to do what I want to do).

Monday--Set up an afternoon appointment to get my nails done.

Tuesday--I have a 2:30 makeover reserved at Sephora at a local mall (the Galleria in St. Louis). Today I bit the bullet. I had to buy something nearby, so I went to the mall. I like to "test drive/rehearse" before I do things. So I figured out which entrance is the closest to the Sephora in the mall, knowing I will be dressed but no/little makeup. I then went into Sephora and booked the appointment with one of the sales agents (who was a guy, so I think that made it a little easier). I figured if I actually made the appointment (you can do it online), I would be "pot committed", as they say in poker (not that I play poker, but I watch the TV versions).

After the makeover, I plan to try on dresses at the Nordstrom's and Macy's at the mall. I had been in the Nordstrom's a couple of months ago with my wife (she was looking for a dress), and I got a good vibe (they also have some discount stuff). A sales agent asked me if I needed help, and I screwed up my courage and told her that the next week I was planning the Sephora makeover and would it be ok if I came and tried on dresses. She said she had to ask her manager, so she did. She came back and said it was ok, and that if I was concerned, I could do it at another area with less people (I'm not worried about others seeing me, I'm more worried the GGs wouldn't want a man in the dressing rooms, closed stalls or not). See offered to hold things for me. I gave her my (first) name and cell number, and I got her name and business card. She was friendly and said she would be working next Tuesday.

The Macy's is at the other end of the mall (doable, I think), and I hunted out a couple of smaller dressing rooms that aren't as big as the main rooms. Macy's generally has lots of stuff on discount, and has a good rep as being CD friendly. I have bought dresses at Macy's previously (without trying them on). Didn't talk to any of the SA's, but I will just screw up my courage and do it. There is also a VS near the Sephora; not sure if I'm brave enough to go in there.

Also nearby there is a Dress Barn and Designer Shoe Warehouse, both of which I went in dressed last year on Halloween. I didn't have any issues, and the SAs at the Dress Barn told me to come back sometime. There is also a Payless Shoes nearby. I'm also thinking about having dinner at the Cheesecake Factory in the mall.

Wednesday--I'm planning to dress again and go to a web shop in the St. Louis suburbs (their web site says men are welcome). My wig is something like 13 years old so I am eager to try different looks. I'm also thinking about going to the zoo, which is free, or perhaps to a local Goodwill or Salvation Army shop. It all depends how Tuesday goes.

Thursday--???? I have to return to drab by around 6 PM, so I'm not sure I will do anything. On the other hand, I've got more clothes to wear, and little opportunity to get out, so I will probably figure something out.

I know people will (likely) know I'm a guy dressed as a woman. However, I also know they don't know who I am, so what difference does it make if they know I am a man in woman's clothing?

I spent a day and a half in public a year ago in San Francisco and the world didn't end. I figure the same will happen, just closer to home.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I would stay dressed up as much as I can and take a lot of pictures!

I have driven whilst fully dressed, ventured out, and interacted with people in my normal voice.

Since you've never been out, and you desire to do so, take it slow.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

My first experience out was driving at night. I drove around looking for parks or other locations to go for a stroll. If the time of day is dusk or evening it is much easier to get out of the car and walk around. That experience was not lost on me as I did it again and again. Just remember to carry an emergency change of clothes and have fun!!!

Hell-o Rosie,
    I may a bit late, or this will be difficult to arrange,
    but if at all possible, go out and meet with a friend.
    It sounds like you'd want to? Just do it!
    Be safe, but good things are waiting for you!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Hi Rosie, bite the bullet and go out. For me the busier the place the better, few people take notice of a lone woman in town, but in a quiet park you are more noticeable. So from your location here's a couple of ideas.
    How about going into Hull, and walking on the river front. Or you could try Brid, park down the south shore and walk on the sea front. Then there's always York, I have spent many days fully dressed in that lovely city, and never had any problems.
    Whatever, or where ever, just enjoy your days.
    Last edited by kayegirl; 10-21-2016 at 02:33 AM.

Just go out. You need to have a first time. I think this is a good chance. In your place that would be my goal, to take that big step.

Reality Check
    Drive to a shopping mall and walk around looking in the store windows. Drive to the tourist section of town and pretend you are a tourist. Drive to the business section of town and pretend you are an office employee on an errand. Drive to a park and walk around or sit and read a book.

Dress appropriately and do this in the daytime, not late at night. Wear sunglasses if it makes you feel better.

Step out- like diving off a stump into a lake- once you start flying you'll get it- it will all make sense- the bad news it is habit forming. ;0)
    We are all beautiful...!

Hello Rosie
    How about go out, under dress find a quite spot and finish getting dress then drive to a lay by get out have your phone in your hand like you are on the phone to some one.
    and (fill the wind beneath skirt) then go on to another lay by and repeat.

good luck
    Carolyn

Rosie,

yep driving is the easiest way to get you out there. As others have said, park somewhere quiet (but safe!) and just take your first steps into the wide outdoors. Just walking a few yards away from that steel safety cage is something you'll remember for ever.

Raise the stakes a little and get a drive thru burger. If you're away from where you live even if you're read, who cares? You'll never see them again and you get fed.

Put fuel in the car at a pay at the pump garage or even in the shop.

What you could try is search YouTube using crossdresser public. You find the exploits of many CD'ers shown there. Cemetery's can be an option. Quiet but with good pathways for walking in heels.

Remember to dress age, time and place appropriate. 6" heels and a mini skirt in daylight will get you noticed anywhere. Also if you're out for any length of time, and I don't want to appear indelicate, but there is the possibility that the call of nature will happen. Be prepared for what you'd do in that circumstance. Plan ahead and you'll avoid calamity. Places with disabled/family-nappy changing facilities can be a way around having to choose male or female toilets.

One final thing. It's said often enough but worth repeating. Take a comfort bag. A change of clothes to go back to drab. Hopefully you'll never have need of it but for those early trips it's nice to know it's there.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Rosie

Book a room in either a Motel 6 or Red Roof Inn. Go there, dress and makeup. If money is not the object hire a professional makeup artist. Then from the privacy of your room go to the parking lot and just drive...downtown or any other busy place in your city...if your confidence build up enough, go to a convenience store and buy a soda and don't forget to pay cash...that would be a good first time out...

Buy a bicycle. Nobody looks at cyclists, except other cyclists.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I say just do what you normally do in Guy mode but I know not everyone is that comfortable. Perhaps catch a movie? The only real human interaction you have to worry about is buying your ticket, and then the usher taking your ticket inside. If you buy your ticket online then it's even just the ticket taker. Then you can sit in the dark where people can't really see you and are distracted by the screen anyway. It was a good first outing for me.

Best place in town is the Lingerie Department i call it Mecca...