Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Driving dressed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Driving dressed

I've seen several of y'all mention that you drive dressed at times. I'll admit that I am a truck driver and do drive dressed when possible on the road. Have even done it during the day with wig and all and as a matter of fact as soon as I'm done with this delivery I'm on now I'll be getting dressed to finish driving for several more hours this evening! I would happily post a pic but I don't see that as an option on the mobile site on my phone.

Sandra - New Dresser
    I haven't tried it yet - maybe still just a hair shy. Though I need a cut and am thinking of trying an outing to West Hollywood to find a friendly place...

I'm really looking forward to trying to drive with heels on (I'll bring flats just in case!!!)...

You'll find almost all the places in West Hollywood to be friendly. they just won't care unless maybe its a bear bar

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I have been stopped before and nothing was said. I did get a ticket for going straight in a left hand turn lane which I thought was kind of fun since I was in the gay neighborhood. I even commented on that to the cop. He laughed to but still gave me the ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I often drive my car in woman-mode... I especially like a long night tours...

Attachment 278292 Attachment 278293 Attachment 278294

Curiouser and curiouser ... go to hamburger mary's. They will welcome you with open arms ... there are a whole bunch of girls like us that hang out there.

One of my favorite (and safest) way of going out.
    [I just posted this fact on another thread, sorry]. I have an Infinity G37 convertible, and absolutely delight in putting down the top and tooling around the area.

I usually wear my nice silk headscarf with the wig, or sometimes just the scarf (very long scarf, oriental print; my favorite one). I wear my biggest ear hoops for the best visual effect. Lipstick. And then whatever. A nice sunny day in the convertible, driving up to the mountains or around the city is great.

I'm home for a week alone. Dressing to the max will be on the agenda, as will be a long drive with the top down. I have a new green cocktail dress that's hot, and will be the subject of my attention, but I am really thinking about acquiring my first mini skirt for the drive.
    Last edited by IleneD; 10-21-2016 at 01:59 AM.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Didn't want to start another 'I did it' thread, but this is me earlier on during my first ever drive out in daylight. And, nothing happened. Had 2" heels on, driving was almost the same as with my usual shoes. Went to a supermarket car park, very busy, then a cinema where it was much quieter. Stopped at traffic lights, no one gave me a second look, even when close to my car. Learned a lot from my trip out, what worked and what didn't, and can't wait to do it again. 22-10-16 (9)AA.jpg
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I saw this mentioned in another thread earlier after I put this up.
    Wow would I love to cruise around in a convertible!
    And good luck driving in heels! I've tried but no go here Lol! I have to take em off. Working the gas pedal can be tricky but I'd like to know how it goes for you when you do decide to do it

Arriel, for what it's worth, while driving in either mode, I recently realized I very rarely see or notice who is driving a truck. I just don't look.
    Now on topic, I'm 54 and have been driving in heels since I was 16. So it's second nature here.

Cheers

I really liked Arriel's and Kelly's stories about driving while dressed en femme. I am just about to make a long journey and it tickles me to imagine if the trucks I am passing are being driven by another cross dresser.

I have said before It depends on CAR as well as heels you wear in my van Just love it vs in my suv mine as well wear flats LOL also automatic for me while dressed
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I did hear once that driving in the UK in heels is illegal, not sure if that's true (can any UK member shed any light on this?)
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    I did hear once that driving in the UK in heels is illegal, not sure if that's true (can any UK member shed any light on this?)
    TBH I dont know. I suspect that there is no rule against it under equality laws.

And I am a little upset with my post. I have gained alot of inspiration from all of you. And you post alot DIANEF... Iv read mostly really good stuff in the forum flip flopping Iv done so far...

"Mr Bishi" as my daughter loves to call him will never again drive on a UK road. So the point is moot in some ways. Im a 5' 10" 15 stone "bloke". But I didnt have the strength to push that clutch down with my feet at sixes and sevens and a heel attempting to make some sort of ridge pattern in the floor fire carpet.

It's a race car and noone else will have to deal with a 3-plate clutch. Thats a race clutch. A "strong man" feels it... you get where Im going.

Iv made a bit of an arse of myself. But I am worried that what if the girl "isnt as strong". Maybe a regular auto clutch will have the same problem....

Very few people on this site will know how a full on "built to destroy you" J-SPEC operates when you rip that clutch out. And why should anyone... this is a dress up and many other things too... site. You cant buy these cars. You build them.

Ah.. Im going away to hide in a quiet corner.

Aspiring Member
    In the UK there is no specific legislation which solely deals with the issue of driving in high heels. From a legal viewpoint, motorists may wear any type of shoes including flip flops, high heels or stilettos whilst in control of a motor vehicle. Furthermore, it is also perfectly legal to drive without any shoes.

The Highway Code does state that you must not wear footwear that precludes you from using the vehicle foot controls properly. Specifically Rule 97 of the Highway Code states that before setting off on a journey, you should ensure that ‘clothing and footwear do not prevent you using the controls in the correct manner’.
    However, the Highway Code is not the law (although it does point out some laws where applicable) - it is guidance only.

I have driven with six inch heels. It s fun getting out of big truck and swinging your legs out and sliding down. Yeah my truck is that high. But I have never had any problems. My SO's truck is smaller and that one is the chick mobile.
    Part Time Girl

I've driven wearing high heel wedges and flats mostly. I like driving in the summertime with the windows open and feeling the breeze in my legs while wearing a skirt!

This is a thread I can actually contribute to...

And as is so typical of my luck the advise/opinion I have to offer wont be welcome news to some people. Not how a newbie with no pics up [yet...] wants to start out in a new community...

Im not a driving instructor or anything like that (if anyone cares - senior IT money making job). But Iv raced alot. A LOT. Big events on TV. Not local 2 bit "run what you brung" with an audience of 50.

I see no issue with "dressing". If that makes you feel even more "in role" I approve and wish you the best. But please please please dont wear heels.

I know none of you are racing. Just RP or R-RP. But Iv tried it. It's a terrible idea. And I can walk in my heels. And when I say I tried it - I did it in my (very barely...) road legal race car.

I almost killed myself and everyone around me. It was fine for a while. But I got cocky and the "Ohhh... noone knows what Iv got on under here" feeling and FORGOT what I was doing. And 800BHP of turbocharged hell broke away from me and I couldnt engage the clutch for ... 3... 4 seconds.

A previous poster showed her 350Z. It's powerful enough to demand a little respect. Please everyone be careful! I dont want to be a nanny... Iv so far only enjoyed reading all your stories. I do find this worrying tho...

And I know your not racing. I'll kepe saying that to myself.

If Iv overstepped any mark please let me know in a constructive way...

I got to tool around in a GTR for a short while...I got my attention very quickly... I thought I knew it all because I owned a HEMI way back when...

One thing about driving around in a mini, you can't back down once you're in the car. If a taller truck pulls next to you, there's no pulling down your skirt to cover your knees.. ha ha.

I can pretty much guarantee I have never passed a truck and tried to look up and into the cab to see what the driver was wearing. That might be tough to do anyway.

I used to drive the 48 states with a tractor trailer with a reefer system. Never did it while dressed. But I saw other truckers that were dressed. But I have driven several thousand miles wile dressed in our pickups and no issues with any stops as I probably pass at fifty feet or more. LOL So I am pretty used to driving when dressed.
    Part Time Girl

It said that driving en femme is one of first step of going out. But what about way from your place to car and back? Driving a truck can be great since from car its hard to see in cab at all Movable private place in public Good luck on your trips
    Driving en femme must be good way ti start build confidence. I never officialy come out but I did few "half mode" rides. Onetime even wearing wig Also tried to drive in heels (I am curious girl ), 3in was kind of okay, not that hard just something new. Later tried my 6in boots and I dont recomend using those at all
    "Do not care what others think, do what you must" - Javik, ME3

Have you gone into the truck stop while dressed, and if so what was the reaction?

Started doing that some years ago in my car at night. Nowadays rarely do it unless I'm going to the club. It was good for it's day though. Helped me take the edge off of the feelings.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I drive a 2 seater convertible, something I have never done is drive it en femme with the top down. Maybe I will when the weather gets better, though I would worry about my wig.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34