Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Be careful what you reveal here!

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post

It's unwise to ignore reality. What you leave out for folks to find can cost you your career and can cost you your family.
    I agree . It's just not on this website, or forum, but every where you tend to leave your digital foot print. if you use skype, send a friend a picture and watch how much they can really see because they show a lot of things you may not have intended for them to see because of how skype works. how much of it THEY store on their servers in unknown.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Anything that is posted on the internet is available, but it is like looking for a needle in 100,000 haystacks. However if someone is looking they may be able to find things.

My advice is to stay away from irrelevant details or change irrelevant facts that have no impact on anyone. For example why post you work in the electronic department of a large retailer, just say i work in retail or I work in electronics. If you have 4 kids why post that? Maybe say i have kids... makes no difference to anyone if you have 2 3 4 or 5, but being accurate is a marker. As posted above the risk is where you say 4 things in 4 different spots, but someone looking can put it together.

Interestingly i tried facial recognition software and it did not recognise Becky and my male side as being the same person I am very happy to say.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Speak in generalities most of the time and things should be fine.