Thread: Growth vs. Growth

Growth vs. Growth

Like just about everyone else when they first get started on Hormones I have been keeping track of my development. Almost obsessively, but not quite in my case as I have seen and read the wise words of others about breast growth and keep my expectations realist.

My therapist has complimented me on how realistic I have kept my expectations.

Any way, I made an interesting observation about breast growth.

I'm not sure how many this observation applies to, but it does at least in my case.

I have only been on hormones since the end of last August.

About six weeks into my HRT, I noticed some development with my breasts.

I noticed some discomfort that has not gone away behind my nipples, and my breasts have noticeably filled out from the man boobs that they were. No noticeable enlargement of my nipples as of yet and my bust has not yet increased. I am a solid perky B cup at this moment.

As I took note of this, the words of others on the forums came to mind about when the normal time frame for breasts begin to enlarge and grow bigger.

I have been careful to take my bust measurement to keep track and I have not increased around my bust, but I have had growth in my breasts.

I can't help wondering if some of those that are new to HRT are simply confusing early development with their bust growing larger.

I can see how filling out could be mistaken for growth. But filling out is growth at the same time.

I tend to think of growth as a change in ones body. Not necessarily something getting bigger, but that also does apply to what growth is.

Just something I thought I would share and hopefully make some more sense of this crazy roller coaster we hop onto.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

My doc told me to expect some slim-decent results after a year or so depending on what doseage I'm still on with estro and spiro. I'm going to ask about injectable estro and see if it has any more negative side effects or risks than just taking pill form. I'm trying to not get super excited as I know this is a lengthy process. Patience lol patience! I'm on week 7 now. Still no significant size increase in the chest. Hopefully soon!

For what it's worth Emma, my own experience is that the injections had quicker feminizing effects than the patch.
    Marie

I'm sure the injections do produce quicker results, Marie. But, they do have one con that I didn't want and that is the levels can fluctuate more than with the pills and patches.

Apparently I seem to be responding well to the treatment. This isn't the first time I have had a hormone treatment. I was on a different hormone treatment when I was a kid for something unrelated and didn't need to be on it as long as they expected.

Jenn, It is obvious that I do have development, and people around me have noticed some of the other side effects. I have been told that my facial features have started to soften, and I have begun to notice other side effects like my body hair growth has begun to slow down and my skin does feel a little softer than it used to.

As a matter of fact, today I went out in a skirt for the first time and I had my Mom take a pic of me because my Niece wanted to see me. I showed the pic to my sister and she said that I look a lot like my Niece.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.