Thread: Television program

Television program

I have just watched a wonderful program on BBC 1 Scotland called 'Transgender Love' which shared the stories of 6 trans men and women.

It was fantastic to see the real lives and very different journeys of trans people on mainstream media.

I sincerely hope this is proof of a change in the perception and acceptance for the trans community.
    Last edited by MartineCD; 10-24-2016 at 04:30 PM.

That is wonderful news! We need a copy sent to the USA. Especially good old bathroom bill North Carolina! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Yes, saw that recently, very interesting programme.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

check out "Transparent" an Amazon Prime original series...follows and older guy transitioning and how if affects him and all those around him...

I actually wish there was something on TV deal with crossdressers. All the media attention given to transexuals over the past couple of years is great, but it sort of leaves us heterosexual married crossdressers in the lurch as our wives are already questioning our presentation as women, but then the media presentations make is seem as though transitioning is more or less inevitable, which just reinforces the wife's pre-existing fears.

Ronnie

I've seen the ads for the show and it looks very interesting. I will check it out when I get the chance.

Audrey

You are right. In the UK there have been programs covering topics like last night and female masking. As yet there has been no "real life" documentary type program. There have been instances of CDers is dramas but again engaged in activities that 'hetero married CDers' may not identify with or wish their SO to see.

Thank you to everyone for their comments

M x

The Amazon show is winning awards. Worth the stream time from beginning. a definite binge opportunity

Sandra - New Dresser
    Specifically about Transparent: Can anyone whose seen the show tell me about the sexual content? It looked good to me so my wife and I watched the first episode, but the amount of sexual content made her uncomfortable. She's afraid she's watching another Trueblood; a show she could really like if it weren't for the amount of sex. And I'd really like for us to watch something funny that relates to my new life.

Any comments appreciated!

- Sandra

Hi Sandra, I have watched the first 8 episodes so far of season 1 and the sexual content is really no worse than today's R rated movies..(in my opinion) . There is nudity of course and in a later episode there is a brief scene of female frontal nudity..but nothing salacious or x-rated.. this is more of the story of one man's transitioning rather than that of crossdressing although the issue and distinction between the two is explored.. so far I have found it well done...hope you can watch it together with your wife .

Quote Originally Posted by audreyinalbany View Post
    I actually wish there was something on TV deal with crossdressers. All the media attention given to transexuals over the past couple of years is great, but it sort of leaves us heterosexual married crossdressers in the lurch as our wives are already questioning our presentation as women, but then the media presentations make is seem as though transitioning is more or less inevitable, which just reinforces the wife's pre-existing fears.
    I now exactly what you mean. While, it's great that there's programmes like this that provide a better understanding of transsexuals, there isn't as much for hetro married crossdressers. But try this one from a couple of years ago called 'So I married a Crossdresser'. I think you'll like it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV6bStI7St8
    A girl can never have too many dresses

The BBC show was good, however whoever did the subtitling was misgendering left right and centre. There were some lovely moments and some very sad parts. Worth a watch I'd say

Reality Check
    Crossdressers are sometimes included in American TV shows but usually in a comedy roll. TV programs are written and produced to attract viewers and sponsors. They are produced to make money. Writers and networks have no obligation to any particular subset of society to include them in the shows.

PBS (in America) sometimes produces and airs documentaries but these often have an agenda, they favor one view or the other. I remember a PBS documentary a few years ago that depicted two males who transitioned to female and then transitioned back. Was it true or fiction, I don't know.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    There have been a number of programmes shown in the UK on the subject of cross dressing. Some months back there was 'Transvestite Wives' (yes, terrible title) about Cders and their wives-girlfriends. A long time ago I remember something called 'Four Hours In High Heels', on the same subject,and there has been a programme about a hotel (in Brighton??) which has (or had) special 3 day weekends catering for mainly CDers, Offering not just a hotel stay but lessons in speech, deportment, dealing with uninvited attention ect. There have been a few more lost in the mists of time.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....