Thread: Vacation Advice

Question Vacation Advice

Next Saturday I am heading off to Phoenix for a full week of vacation! Yeah sunshine! While I'm very much looking forward to it I'm not sure what I or for who should pack. The concern is that I will be with my parents in a house they are are renting. My parents both know but don't necessarily understand why. (Not that I understand things fully yet) My dad was more negative (you are gay, you will never find a woman, you are only doing this because you don't have woman, it's a sex thing, etc) but my mom was pretty indifferent (she was seen me in a skirt, hose and heels).

My sister and her wife will be there for most of the time and we are thinking of going out to a dance club at least once during the week so I will bring my dancing shoes/clothes. My sisters all know so I have that support.

Last time I went to see my parents I only under dressed and I was missing my Claudia time the whole week.

Ladies do you have any thoughts our words of encouragement.

PS; I'm also getting my nails (colour on fingers too) done on the Friday night before I leave.

So, your dad thinks you're gay because of the clothes you wear but your sister is bringing her wife and your father is okay with that?

Well it's a vacation and it's meant for rest and relaxation. You've got to decide if you will be more stressed by not dressing or by dealing with family members.

Banned Read only
    Claudia,
    At 42 years old you should be putting these problems behind you . If you're concerned what your parents think either sit down and talk to them or write it down and ask them to read it. I know the question often arises that is why I needed to know why I do it, I can accept it myself and hopefully explain it to others. As far as being gay is concerned, very few Cders are gay, but if you are would you have a problem with it, you either are or you're not, would your dad cut you off if you did tell him you were ?

If you have the support of your sister and she has no objections seeing you , ask her if she minds taking you out, once you've made that open commitment your parents will understand that you're not fooling around and it's a need you have to satisfy. Is getting your nails done for you or to make a small statement to them? If that's the case just talk to them, dropping little hints doesn't always work .