Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CD with facial hair

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie Pantyhose View Post
    My beard comes and goes as the camping and ski seasons come and go. .
    Ditto here, Kathie.
    I'm naturally light bearded, always have been. Don't even have sideburns. (LOL). But I've grown the Colorado beard (goatee). Made me look evil, so said the wife, and it came off after one winter.
    BUT!.... in terms of skiing this season (Epic Pass), I'm thinking of doing a few ski days in Femme this season. Looking for a new ski outfit that's quite apart from my usual Mountain Man ski look.

We should share a ski day, or perhaps a lunch on Pearl St Mall.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

It doesn't matter if you have facial hair or not. You definitely won't pass. Its about how you feel in womens's clothes and how you feel inside. Thats all that matters

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnstar View Post
    I too have a beard and mustache. ... I would like to try make up but it dosent go to well with facial hair.
    Well, this video is for you, then...

(May or may not contain some bad language. But this is for educational purposes only. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeWFxrrRasU

I have had a full beard for 43 years and i've been dressing for 55, i've never thaught about makeup and I will never go out fully dressed, I know that I would just look wierd.
    The only time i've been without hair was when I was on chemotherapy and I lost every hair i had, I should have taken up bank robbing cos even my own sister didnt know me but I didnt have the stength,sadly I was too ill to dress as well, For me its the clothes, the feel of them its just so good it makes me feel relaxed and comfortable and happy . So going out for me means only under dressing. We each do what we can.

Quote Originally Posted by IleneD View Post
    ... in terms of skiing this season (Epic Pass), I'm thinking of doing a few ski days in Femme this season.
    Epic Pass - what an appropriate name for an en femme ski trip.

For me any sign of facial hair makes me feel awkward. Once of my biggest fears when first dressing up was how my face would look and any sign of hair doomed it for me. Everyone is different in this regard, but I like to have my face extremely smooth.

I have grown a goatee (slowly) for a few winters as my wife thinks it looks "naughty". I have dressed with it too. But I would never go out dressed with any facial hair and I prefer to keep it smooth as I think I look younger without hair. We'll see what happens this year, I will try to keep my face (and legs) shaved.

I found the replies so far to be insightful. Just keep in mind that one size does not fit all. Many of us have no desire for a myriad of reasons to ever venture out in public dressed. The stress relief one enjoys from just letting go and being ones self in private is enough for many of us. My wife patiently applies my makeup and chastises me kiddingly that I really "overdo" and even with my stache I enjoy my little private fashion show as I change outfits and wigs. For the first time in my life I progressed from using lingerie as a strict sexual release to now enjoying dressing femme from head to go...with the release of tension...and many times without the sexual arousal. It seems to be working for me.
    Last edited by Sandy silk; 10-25-2016 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Spelling

Aspiring Member
    Like others I have a beard and tache and only dress at home with a DADT arrangement. I am OK with the arrangement but if I suddenly found myself single would almost certainly remove the beard and start using make up etc.

On a related subject, there was a piece in the paper recently about a lady who has claimed the Guinness World record for a female beard (6 inches). She has polycystic ovary syndrome, causing an imbalance with hormones and the beard started growing in puberty. After suffering lots of bullying as a teenager, she has decided to keep it and use it to challenge the norms of the female image. She is now in her mid twenties.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

I posted earlier about having a mustache. I very much want to shave it and have started to trim it back more and more. My thought is maybe I can minimize it to the point that removing it is no big deal. Might be wishful thinking. I'd love to start the new year with a canvas to work on.

I also rock facial hair (trimmed beard) most months out of the year. I'm currently dressed up at home with a beard. I have no intention to leave my house other than a casual drive dressed up every now and then. Even then, I just look like a guy dressed like a woman and with breasts. It's usually at night so no one really sees me anyways, but it is still thrilling!

Hi Sandy, early on in my cd life I didn't mind the hair because I saw myself in my minds eye and the facial hair was natural so if I didn't realise it was there it didn't bother me. However I have really got into make up and skin so when I dress as Emma I have to look complete and feel as a woman from top to bottom. I think everyone in our world finds the lovely place they are comfortable with either way. There's no right or wrong as I see it.

Junior Member Stephanie Voorhees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    The only issue I would have with this is if you went out in pubic otherwise presenting as a woman, but still proudly showing off that lush facial hair. That would be a jarring visual for most "muggles" (yeah, me included) and would reflect badly on the rest of us as well - you know, the old "guilt by association" thingy. Said "muggles" would likely point, giggle and make rude remarks, and it would just reinforce in their minds the old "pervert", "weirdo", and "fetishistic transvestite" label that we've all struggled so long and hard to put to bed. To be honest, I'd rather not have deal with the prospect encountering that mindset when out in public en femme myself.
    It's comments like these that really get me. How exactly is having a beard and being a crossdresser reflecting bad on anyone? I happen to be this person. I have a goatee and go out in public fully dressed with makeup quite often and have never had a lynch mob knocking down my door. For a community that screams out for acceptance for who we are, some of us are quite judgemental of each other's ways.

Probably had a mustache for about 40 years. We all have to make choices in life. Once I accepted that I am a CD, the 'stache went I have have never missed it for a second. We are who we are.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

I have had a goatee since 1995. In the last few years as I have come to accept my self as transgender or a crossdresser, I think of shaving it A LOT.

"my front and back are hairless as are my genitals."

OK, this says to me you're looking to be a femme as you can be but see the removal of the tash as an open announcement to the world that you're a crossdresser. By shaving it's a public acknowledgement that you're less masculine. Yep this is me being the amateur shrink but look, it's your face, you own it, it's yours to do with as you feel fit. In truth no-one will read anything into this other than it's possibly a mid-life crisis, searching for lost youth.

I had a full beard up until my first born. This was about the time I was beginning to better understand myself so I justified shaving as not wishing to have the baby try to grab my beard. Lame I know but no-one really commented adversely. If your wife is happy for you to do it then do it and stuff everyone else.

Having that even femme'ish face looking back at you in the mirror is something to be treasured.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 10-28-2016 at 10:12 AM. Reason: we have word filter for a reason
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I've tried dressing up a few times with no makeup or wig to see if the clothing alone would be enjoyable.

I was good as long as I didn't look in the mirror, when I did look in the mirror I didn't like what I saw and would come close to purging everything.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

The only issue I would have with this is if you went out in pubic otherwise presenting as a woman, but still proudly showing off that lush facial hair. That would be a jarring visual for most "muggles" (yeah, me included) and would reflect badly on the rest of us as well - you know, the old "guilt by association" thingy. Said "muggles" would likely point, giggle and make rude remarks, and it would just reinforce in their minds the old "pervert", "weirdo", and "fetishistic transvestite" label that we've all struggled so long and hard to put to bed. To be honest, I'd rather not have deal with the prospect encountering that mindset when out in public en femme myself.
    Well, Leslie, you could avoid "encountering that mindset" by choosing NOT to go out in public en femme. But I guess it works better for you to discourage crossdressers with facial hair from going out, so your life isn't affected.

Actually, a well-dressed, well-behaved crossdresser with facial hair going out in public does more to dispel those stereotypes than your way: keeping them out of the public's eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Voorhees View Post
    It's comments like these that really get me. How exactly is having a beard and being a crossdresser reflecting bad on anyone? I happen to be this person. I have a goatee and go out in public fully dressed with makeup quite often and have never had a lynch mob knocking down my door. For a community that screams out for acceptance for who we are, some of us are quite judgemental of each other's ways.
    Ummm...maybe not a lynch mob, but do you ever interact with people when dressed this way, and are you totally oblivious to the startled WTF??? (sometimes barely stifled) looks that cross their faces when they first set eyes on you...or do you even care? Do you ever look behind you when you've passed a group of people, only to find them smirking, laughing (not with...AT you), and maybe pointing you out to others nearby so that they can get their chuckles in as well?

Let me tell you a little story here...a few years ago shortly before Christmas I was in a local mall, and while walking down the concourse I spotted in the distance a somewhat odd- looking person...odd in the way that he/she was presenting themselves in their manner of dress and comportment. But what really caught my eye was what was happening in this person's wake...people were turning around staring, giggling, "nudge-nudge, wink-winking" each other - the works.

As I approached closer, I saw that this person had started to engage a young lady staffing one of those free standing mid-mall booths in a conversation, and it was evident from her awkward body language that she had been made quite uncomfortable by this encounter. I quickly surmised why: the person in question - clearly a man - was dressed like one of Mrs. Claus' little helpers...all the way from an ill-fitting "Prince Valiant"-style pageboy wig down to a frilly top, a short pleated red skirt, green leotards, and ending with buckled, high-heeled black shoes of the type most recently favored by 18th century Quakers. In other words, clearly a fetishistic crossdresser out to get his "jollies" by seeing what kind of reaction he could elicit from the unsuspecting "muggles", and not one of the mall Santa's costumed assistants on his break heading out for a smoke.

Call me judgemental if you will, but I resent people like that giving more "vanilla" types of crossdressers such as myself a bad rap, especially if this will affect my experience down the road when interacting with a person whose only other previous encounter with a crossdresser might have been with such an individual, and who would have formed a negative opinion about the rest of us simply from that. And before you ask, yes - I feel the same way about over-the-top drag queens who are typically gay and who delight in presenting caricatures of women for shock and comedic value, rather than attempting to emulate them in a respectful manner the way most straight crossdressers try to.
    Last edited by Leslie Langford; 10-26-2016 at 09:55 PM.

See, I have a nice beard and its quite long. I really like it so that is an issue with me. I want to look convincing and know i can so the beard is a plus and negetive. Certain girls like it too. But i want a bald body. I cant shave everything as i live with my parents and they are nosey so it would only be a matter of time till they saw and questioned my shaved legs and i wpuld rather them never find out. But I feel dirty dressing wish a beard if i could think of the best word for it. I can cover the leg and and arm hair but not the facial hair. Im torn between my male and female self. I love being a man but would be thrilled i was born a female. But if you prefer to just remain a man in girls clothing, that is you and thats okay. I have a deep desire to go further and thats okay. I wish i was more okay with my split self. Im dressed now and feel fulfilled but i want, a wig, no body hair, full makeup, perfume, shoes, voice, everythingso it sounds like you are happy and you got it good because its hatd for me in my situation to achieve these things. Im okay with it for now though.

ummmm, yes. I have had a beard and mustache for 40 years. I shaved it once about 25 years ago and got so much grief from my wife and children I grew it back and have had it ever since. I sometimes fantasize about shaving it again and having a 'makeover weekend' but haven't done it. I feel I am somewhere in the middle of the 'gender scale' if there is such a thing, liking to express both male and female attributes. Pretty much keeps me inside the house though, with shaved legs and armpits...

Junior Member Stephanie Voorhees's Avatar
    Ummm...maybe not a lynch mob, but do you ever interact with people when dressed this way, and are you totally oblivious to the startled WTF??? (sometimes barely stifled) looks that cross their faces when they first set eyes on you...or do you even care? Do you ever look behind you when you've passed a group of people, only to find them smirking, laughing (not with...AT you), and maybe pointing you out to others nearby so that they can get their chuckles in as well?

Call me judgemental if you will, but I resent people like that giving more "vanilla" types of crossdressers such as myself a bad rap
    You call me oblivious, yet you think this isn't happening with you and most other crossdressers as well... Hmmmm... Face it, to the "muggles" as you call them, no matter how we present, we are weird... Freaks to some. Is that slowly changing? Maybe, but the more people like me that get out there and show the world that "men in dresses" are just ordinary people too, the faster this may happen. If that's not your bag, fine, but don't be so hasty to judge me (and others) because it is ours.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, then, Stephanie.

To me, there is a distinct difference between trying to fly under the radar as opposed to making some sort of "in your face" fashion statement specifically geared towards eliciting a reaction from someone else - either good or bad. There is a reason why the so-called "Bearded Ladies" were common in circus sideshows in the "bad old days" - they were considered freaks of nature and objects of either pity or scorn back then. Then again, I don't "get" Kim Kardashian and her ilk either, along with her pathological need for attention and her constantly pushing the envelope of good taste and decorum when it comes to the way she presents herself.

Perhaps Conchita Wurst is your role model and heroine (you can Google her if you are not familiar with her story). Yes, she did win the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 - partly on the strength of being a novelty act - but while she may have had her proverbial 15 minutes of fame, she was also a divisive entity, and where is she now?

And to your point, while I have no illusions about "passing" when I am out as "Leslie" and aim more for "blending in" by dressing both age-appropriately and in a manner that emulates a well-dressed, well put together GG, I can honestly say that I have never had a negative reaction from any woman that I have ever interacted with. Initially somewhat startled? - yes, at times, but never, ever unnerved, disgusted, or freaked out. On the contrary, I have lost count of the number of times these women have complimented me on the way I was presenting myself and the effort I had taken to look authentic, which they saw as being respectful of them in an "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" kind of way.

Can you say the same? My guess is that if I had presented myself the same way in the past but sporting a beard as well, then the example I gave in my earlier post regarding "Mrs. Claus' helper" would more than likely have been my experience instead.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Leslie it is not an "in your face" statement, though. It is the simple manner of men enjoying feminine attire not facading around as a woman.
    I venture about in many forms of crossdressing; sometimes in blending form to go "under the radar", sometimes in a more dressy form, sometimes in various vintage attire, on the rare occasion dressing in a more provocative manner and a few times in obvious "guy in a dress" (with no make up, no wig, no jewelry, and no breast forms). Absolutely none of the forms are done to shock or create an "in your face" statement to people, it is just me enjoying my time wearing and appearing the way I want at the time.
    Yes, I do notice the difference in people's reactions. There seems to be rude statements and obvious uncomfortableness when i go in "guy in dress" form or a provocative form. However, I haven't had people confronting me with threatening physical hatred like I have had when I try to "fly under the radar" with a casual blending appearance. Seems like people have more issues with those that they assume are in the process of transitioning than they do with those that they perceive as simply crossdressing.
    I get the utmost respect from people when I go in a more dressy manner or when I dress up in vintage attire. Perhaps the reason being is that they could handle the doing it for the "fun factor" and have issues with what they deem as the "being myself" expression and those that they assume are seeking sexual encounters
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 10-28-2016 at 06:14 AM.

I'm so glad to see this question,and how many are chiming in, even if it is to downgrade the choice to keep our facial hair with a cute outfit. I hate the idea of use makeup or forms to hide/pretend about my body- so I'm all in on the natural look. To be fair, I do trim my beard and moustache, so I am not a complete purist, thank goodness- mountain man facial hair is quite distracting and I want people to enjoy my look!! That said, I can see why many guys go all the way and I think I'd probably enjoy it too if I had the time and could succeed at passing. Once I figured I could never pass I went the other way and don't try at all. I've gotten to like my look, feel proud of my statement about gender freedom, and am happy to say that I don't shave and girls don't have to either, in my book.

BTW anyone in the SF Bay area who agrees with me, pls say so or PM me, and let's go out and carry the flag! [NB I'm married and this is not a dating proposal]
    We are all beautiful...!