Thread: So Dang Normal

Silver Member

So Dang Normal

So I went to lunch with another CD, both of us drab, since it was a work day. And had great conversation. This was the first time I met this "sister". We had a lot to talk about, and mostly discussed our history, wifes, kids, and where we are in our journeys. Other everyday stuff, like jobs, etc.

It was a great lunch, and coversation. And like most other CDS I've met, I get this incredible feeling of "Normal". Yeah, what we do is by some standards a bit weird, but in the end, it really doesn't feel that way at all. So many shared experiences, so many "well yeah, of course" moments.

I guess I just wanted to share, because we so often feel isolated or like we're so out of the norm. I think that most of us are actually pretty normal otherwise, and the longer I live, the more normal this feels. No more referring to others as "the normals" we mostly are.

Oh, and Amanda, love your brows. They look great for a guy as well as a girl.

Good stuff Ms. Meghan, thanks for sharing! Hugs, Michelle

Hi Meghan,

I absolutely agree although I have an admittedly small sample size of two. In both instances my meetings went exactly as you describe, and yes, it's so nice to know you are not alone.

Beth

Banned Read only
    Meghan,
    How true your comments are, if part of our brain is wired that way then the dressing conversations feel perfectly normal. I would guess the majority of us are married possibly with kids so we're bound to talk about how we balance that part of our life, and then it's great to have a laugh about some shopping experiences, or maybe a bargain we snatched up.
    I have to say I prefer it dressed because you have to consider the aspects of what you're wearing as well.

The more normal you feel the more comfortable you are with it, the more others realise how integrated into your life CDing is. There's very little to feel ashamed or guilty about, Cding isn't an act it's part of our lives we must be comfortable with it.

a little while back i went to one of my meetups that a member here sponsors, i could not get dressed as the situation presented itself so i went in drab, when i introduced myself it did not dawn on her who i was, then it clicked, i stayed for a while and met some more of the members as time went on, same comfort as when dressed and not a care that i was at this bar as my male self, the conversations felt so normal, wished i could of gone dressed but had a wonderful time anyway, like ive been telling folks, i am who i am and when with like minded it doesnt matter.... its nice to meet folks either way....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Meghan I think that's key for all of us and especially if your going to venture out into the jungle so to speak you have to
    remind yourself that while there are those who may frown upon a trans person or CD for us it is normal and when your out
    en fem you just own that attitude and it will feel better

In the end we are just people like everyone else.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

As someone who is still looking for that first right person to sit down and talk in person about this adventure, I can imagine that even the seemingly simple things like having lunch can be quite profound. Aside from that, lunch with the girls does sound fantastic.
    Last edited by itsgonnabepretty; 10-26-2016 at 08:59 PM.

We should never question our "normalness" (Ok, I made up the word)! Each and every time I go out and experience zero negative reactions, it just reinforces for me more and more. Well said!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Just hearing the phrase "me to" can be so important to our wellbeing.

Platinum Member
    I suspect over my seven decades on this earth I've met or have known a cross dresser or two, except, being so normal I never knew it. On the other hand I've met a lot of people who have an aversion to cross dressers and they never knew one or so they thought!

I recently met a local "sister" for coffee. She was dressed, by regrettably I was drab. That didn't matter to her or to me. What mattered to both of us, and what made our first meeting so enjoyable; was that although our lives have their differences (eg: her wife doesn't know, mine does) we have so much more than crossdressing in common. Yup...safe to say we're both just "so dang normal."

Karen

It is sad that some feel the need to frown upon what we wear to cover our nakedness. Just because our clothes are cut a little different or have a different color than what they want us to wear, what they expect to see us in. Should we give in to what a complete stranger thinks? No, I choose to not be naked.

It is nice to feel normal chatting with likeminded individuals. A conversation in whatever capacity, even posts here are so liberating. I have no shame that I enjoy this, and as was mentioned earlier, a bunch of "me toos" can make you feel so at ease. Life is too short. Enjoy who you truly are!

Indeed talking to another and catching up is so normal and getting to know another is great. I meet with one and I was in drab and she was dressed but looked like a drab in shorts and a neutral shirt. Perhaps next time we will meet as our true selves.
    Part Time Girl