Thread: Out Shopping

Out Shopping

So today I was in the city centre and shopping in drab for a few toiletry items. As I walked through the very busy store I watched just how many people around me actually looked at me. OK no reason why they would specially look at me, I'm just someone in the crowd. If I had to put a figure to it then I'd say 10%, perhaps less, actually looked at me in even a slightly cursory way. It was the odd one or 2 who made anything approaching eye contact and that was mostly because we were about to bump into each other.

Because I was looking, being actively observant, I could see that most didn't pay any attention to me at all and this is something those considering going out enfemme should perhaps do for themselves. While in drab see who notices you. If it turns out it's so very few, why should it be any different if you're enfemme. To "read"you, folks first need to "see" you. It's the hiding in a crowd thing.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Having come back from out of town, been shopping in drab trying on tops at one store , picking up handful of makeup at one, new flats at another. No one really cared or noticed. AND nether did i.
    People are just trying to get in n out.

Just shows that if you act as you belong there and stay in character(en-femme or other) nothing draws attention to you and as they say "no foul no harm".
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    A year or so ago another regular poster here did the same thing went out and noticed who was looking or paying attention
    to what others were doing and wearing and such. She found out very few and it gave her encouragement to begin to go out
    on a regular basis.
    Her observations helped me as well and now here I am going out enfem as if it's normal and for me and others it is.

The last time I was out en femme it was in the middle of the day and I was in and out of a dozen or more stores amid hundreds of other people overall. I could count on the fingers of one hand the number who truly saw me, and these were because I had to interact directly. I don't know why this one instance stand out in my head, but as I was walking through the mall a woman and her two teen / tween daughters stepped out of a store right in front of me. Not one of them have me a second glance. It was the lack of reaction / notice in general that gave me the confidence I needed to just enjoy myself.

Aspiring Member
    On halloween, I was dressed as Wednesday Addams. I went to work like this, and I went out to lunch, and even the Apple store to get my phone fixed. For the most part I was expecting more smiles or laughs. A few people noticed the costume and smiled or told me "great costume," at work I won the costume contest, and I was hit among everyone. But while at the shopping mall, no stares or giggles. People were just too busy to care.

And if you do get made... does it really matter? I went to London the other week, on the train, and I would guess I was twigged by a couple of hundred people but they didn't bother me and I didn't bother them so.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    I recently went out in full femme with a forum sister (see "Baby steps to a giant leap"). It was a fantastic experience! My forum sister told me,"You now belong." I didn't see a soul look at us (me!) with a questioning eye, and I truly felt that I, indeed, did belong. YEA!

With it getting colder I can go shopping in women's jeans, top and jacket that are totally bland. No makeup or wig. Not trying to pass. Nobody will notice.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I try to tell gals this too even if they are just getting up the nerve to go shopping in boy mode for girls clothes. Just stand in the womens department and watch others...do they look at you funny ? do they care ? The answer most of the time will be nobody cares or notices, everyones too busy. It is also a great way for you to get comfortable with just being in the womens dept before you make that next step.

When i go out now I'm almost trying to get noticed, still nobody looks twice or does a double take, not that its a passable thing, its more to the point of the original post, nobody is looking at me, they all have places to go and things to do .

I will say again, My SO has told me when we are out that most people take a quick glance at you and think you re a woman and go about their business. If you are out and about with a good attitude, everybody feels good about you. I have had a lot of nice talks with waitresses in restaurants as they had enough time to look at you.
    Part Time Girl

Today I was home working in my office; I had my bra on under my shirt without my Breast forms. The door bell rang and I went to the door and answered it before I realized that I was wearing my bra. It was my next door neighbor ! She was returning a dish so I asked her in to see the house. I was wondering the entire time if she made me. Oh well I enjoyed it.