Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SRS in a week

My heart and prayers are with you. Please keep us informed about your progress.

Remember it is a marathon not a sprint. Savor the experience and good luck !
    Suzanne
    Life Is One Big Dilation

Quote Originally Posted by Karolyn View Post
    One day left before traveling for the surgery. I am so not ready yet, so many things to prepare... At least it distracts me from my worries.

How are you feeling, hon? Hope all went wonderfully. Let us know when you can!

Hoping the pain is subsiding and that you are adapting to your post op regimen. Hugs, :-)
    Marie

Hi Karolyn... hope everything went well.

Thank you everyone for your messages. I made it! I am back. This was the most intense week of my life, both physically and emotionally. The hospital and the recovery center were the best medical experiences I ever had, I definitely recommend Dr Brassard for SRS. But the amount of pain to deal with can be overwhelming, fortunately they are behind you to keep it in control.

I am now back home, doing my post op care, this is a full time job!! Still have difficulties walking, very swollen, but I can see progress everyday, and the result appears step by step, I like where this is going

Congratulations Karolyn! The side effects should pass soon, so enjoy your new life.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Quote Originally Posted by Karolyn View Post
    I like where this is going
    Reading through your update I was feeling bad about what you are suffering, and then I got to those last words. And now I am smiling. So happy for you.

Hugs

I'm glad to hear that you are making progress. I hope that your recovery continues to go smoothly!!

Hugs, Bria

Super pleased for you Girl!

Welcome to the flip side. I wish you the best in your recovery and slow is better.

Gold Member
    Karolyn, I am super happy for you! Keep resting all you can. The recovery is a long road and takes up to a year. Having good rest at the beginning will help down the road. Follow the instructions and don't miss dilating! It will be tough for a while and you may feel down after resting a while, but keep resting and keep talking here. There will be times that after a while you might think "WTF, shouldn't it be done now" but it isn't a 1-2 month recovery. At 4 months I am still feeling it and going to bed earlier than normal. It will get there. It will be great!

Karolyn, best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery! But take it slow and do what the doc told you to recover! So happy for you! Glad you can be you! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I am following the doctor's instructions precisely, including the many dilations a day, how to do them, the douches, the sitz baths, etc. This takes me about 8 hours a day with all the cleaning. I take it easy, I rest a lot, but I still need to move (they say walk 4 times 15 minutes a day).

So far the dilations were really painful since I traveled back, the body is fighting against it, but tonight I got the first one that was not as painful. I really cross the fingers for tomorrow.

I have not realized yet it has happened. I am not sad because I lost something, I am not happy because I gained something, I just feel normal, as if I had this body forever. I haven't really dressed yet, I am not back to my routine, not at work, no social life, so nothing attaches me to reality yet. This is when I will wear nice clothes outside, at one of my regular activities or work, that I will realize what happened. This feels so surreal currently.

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    Congratulations, I'm really happy for you, I hope the surgery turns out great, it seems like it did
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Congratulations, Karolyn! So glad you are so happy being you