Thread: Tonight was a "guy in a dress" night...

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar

Tonight was a "guy in a dress" night...

I'm bummed. My GF is off to art class so I thought I'd dress up and have some fun. I got my clothes out and started to put on some makeup. I got all finished and put on my wig and what was staring back at me in the mirror was...a guy in a wig and makeup I hate days like this. I decided to go out anyways with my mission being shoe shopping and/or getting some makeup. I headed off to a local shoe store and it was closed...doh...oh well, I had forgotten to get some money. I stopped at the ATM and then headed off to a department store. There were a bunch of cars in the parking lot (and people too) and I lost my nerve and left. I then headed off to the drug store where I first ventured out enfemme a while back. That parking lot was packed! What the heck is going on...were they having a party or something?!?!?!? I lost my nerve again and headed home. No shoes. No makeup. No big smile on my face because I went shopping enfemme. Nothing. :mad: I hate being a guy.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Banned Read only
    [SIZE=3]It's a conspiracy i tell you. Awww that's to bad. Try again later girl that's all you can do. Don't let them keep you from them shoes. [/SIZE]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Katrina,

This happened to me once. I don't know why but I just didn't feel right. It was even on a night I was due to go to a Tri-Ess meeting. Anyway, I was lucky enough to have Marla push me a little and when I got there I felt much better.

I can totally relate to loosing one's nerve. Several times when out en femme, I'm about to go into a coffee shop or whatever, and I loose my nerve and say to myself "why the hell am I doing this?".... of course if I don't go in, like you, later I get all bummed because it didn't happen.

Yeah, being a guy trying to be a girl has it's moments
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

What Me Worry
    Katrina I'm sorry you had a disappointing evening but you'll get em next time. This guy in a dress deal happens to us all I'm sure. I think it's a good thing that at least you got dressed and went out if only for a drive at least that is fun.

GypsyKaren
    If at first you don't succeed... I've had days like that too, what a bummer and such, but there will be better days ahead!

Karen

Katrina,

It happens to the best of us, myself included. I've gotten dressed with plans that had to be shelved when it just didn't feel right, because I just didn't look right. Look at the bright side: if you'd pushed it, and gotten outed or worse, you'd be feeling a whole lot worse. You showed good judgment, and lived to dress another day.

Windy

A couple years ago I told my sister that I crossdress. We went shopping for some makeup and I got all dressed up (mostly makeup with a pink blouse and jeans). This was the first time she had seen me in makeup.

I really felt like I looked like a guy with makeup, and it has bothered me ever since. I talked to my sister about this feeling and she understood, even though she said I was her best looking sister.

Sometimes we are going to look like guys in makeup, dresses, or whatever. For me it's the feeling. Sometimes I get all done up and just don't feel my girlish self. This has happened maybe ten times over the past twenty years. There is no pattern to it.

Hi Katrina,

I'm sorry to hear your shopping trip didn't go to plan hun. Like others have said, it happens to us all. My first ever trip is Friday though so i'm hoping all goes well then!

Good luck for your future trips Katrina.

Sara x

You should be happy that nights like those are the minority, not the majority.
    Hail Satin!

Platinum Member
    frist of .....[SIZE=7]a huge wendy hug for you..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=7][/SIZE]
    we all have them days so don't get all hung up on it ... look with some of the stuff your going through right now , your thinking and worring abought a lot ... hang in there girlfreind you will feel better and this will look better
    .... trust me been that guy in the dress many times before.......

Sychronicity

A standard intepretation would be that the timing isn't right internally, and that both (a) external events and (b) your interpretation of them are dissuading crossdressing at such times.

The idea is that while your ego might think it wants to crossdress, your deeper/higher/broader "self" doesn't want to, and is trying to give ego the message.

Since ego isn't exacty the boss, sometimes it has to be prepared to accept this with a positive attitude.

Cathy
    Last edited by Cathy Anderson; 03-01-2006 at 11:10 AM.

Sometimes demure.... Anne Charlotte's Avatar
    I get them days too............don't it make you just feel soooo low ?
    Live the high life.......wear 5 inch heels !!!

LOL Annie C

At least you had the courage to go out in the first place. Sorry it didn't work out as planned.

J

Sorry your plans did not turn out MissPinchy. We all have those times where we are not happy with our look after doing makeup and getting dressed.

I find that the onlly solution is to take off the makeup and startover! Do a different color or two on your eyes, blush, whatever. Critically look at your outfit and fix anything that is wrong there too. I think subconsiously our minds in that situation are picking up on something wrong that we do not realize.

Oh yeah while I am at it. Several times I have been unhappy with how I looked. Turned out it was my wig being a bit out of postion or it really needed to be brushed out for like 10 mins. Try that too!

Lord knows from your pics here you are a little hottie and got all the tools and assets to look like a little trendy GG !

Makeup can be touchy

I have found that when applying makeup a very small difference in the amount or proportion of concealer, foundation, blush etc. can make a very big difference in final result. When I am going out and I get that "guy in a dress look" I'll just pull my top off, wash everything off and start over. It usually works. Sometimes a change in strategy can work wonders. I started using colorless powder instead of medium color and I have noticed a real improvement.
    Hugs, Christine
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej

Thanks for the encouragement and tips everybody. Next time I'm feeling mannish, I'm going to try the starting over trick. That's a good idea.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

[SIZE="3"]Miss Pinchy, You know what they say! A bad night in a dress beats a good night...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Anderson
    your deeper/higher/broader "self" doesn't want to, and is trying to give ego the message.
    Cathy
    That's like a hot tea with no tea. Just plain hot water.
    The tea is the higher self, missing, unaccepted by the ones she cares about.

Miss Pinchy, i used the word "hot" two times in the first sentence, there's one missing and it's for you.
    You are hot!

Aspiring Member
    Yes I agree too, a bad night in a dress or skirt, beats a good night in drab.

Wouldn't it be lovely if we could wear skirts or dresses at will and not have to worry about passsing

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by Denise01
    Wouldn't it be lovely if we could wear skirts or dresses at will and not have to worry about passsing
    You can. I do.

Miss Pinchy, your avatar is so feme it is hard to visualize you like guy. In fact I think that you and Sophia Rearen both are beautiful and could pass any time either of you were dressed and madeup. I wish my face was pretty like both of yours. lol Billie Jean0.02
    Last edited by Billie Jean; 03-02-2006 at 10:24 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Billie Jean
    Miss Pinchy, your avatar is so feme it is hard to visualize you like guy. In fact I think that you and Sophia Rearen both are beautiful and could pass any time either of you were dressed and madeup. I wish my face was pretty like both of yours. lol Billie Jean0.02
    Again, everybody, thanks for the compliments!

Billie Jean, while I'm pretty happy with my avatar picture, remember that for every one picture that I reveal to you all, there are 5 others that don't look as good. More specifically, my profile shot looks bad to me.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...