Thread: First Time Out

First Time Out

I got to go my first time out to my counselors last focus group which was just a little party for the six of us, 3 ftm and 3 mtf plus our counselor. I wanted to go as Tommie and let them see me and get to enjoy being with them en femme. The trip was strange in that I was not nervous or anxious but really felt at peace and right the whole time... I was not afraid of being caught and just casually talked and enjoyed the others there. My avatar and file pict were what I had on to the party. There I got ma'amed, doors opened for me, used the ladies restroom and even told I looked fab (which at 64 I know better but who doesn't like to hear it lol).

I owe the forum a lot for how I felt after listening to the wisdom here and sharing with many so thank you all.... I just wanted to share a special time with you. For now I wait somewhat impatiently for HRT after being in counseling for 4 months.... trying to decide on an orchiectomy or labioplasty down the way.... and a little depressed as I cannot make anything happen.... nonetheless elated by the above and a promise of a better future. Also a special thanks to Dana and Jalyn.... love you.... tommie
    Enjoy our new life and seek peace Give love and kindness to others Live patience, self control, humility each day

That is great Tommie, Hope you do get on the HRT as i know you want to go that route. Take care. Hugs, Dana
    Part Time Girl

Hey Tommie, Congrats !!!! I haven't been on the forum much the last few weeks so I just saw your post right now. It is so scary and yet so liberating to finally get out into the world as your authentic self. Way to go. Don't stop now. Very happy for you.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    So glad you got to be yourself out with others. Don't stop dear. Yes, it gets a little down when things cannot happen, and at 70 the list of what can possible happen does get shorter. Just don't stop moving forward dear.

Hugs,

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Tommie... Congrats on the brave steps forward!!!!... Take enough of those and you'll end up where you want to be!!!

Onward we go!!!!

Ashley
    Have you seen the little pieces of the people we have been?... Little pieces blowing gently on the wind... 11:11

I spoke today at the church on my transgender journey and on behalf of those whom have gone before.... in front of the congregation en femme was really exciting.... they said i did well and they were very interested and thoughtful to speak to and with.... i can also announce i have been authorized HRT and will see the endocrinologist Wednesday week.... so the holidays are a really looking up for me.

But now the focus should be on our past brothers and sisters, their legacy and the resilience of transgenders... may royal purple be our color and courage our watchword.
    Enjoy our new life and seek peace Give love and kindness to others Live patience, self control, humility each day