Thread: Just another day in my life as a female and retired.

Just another day in my life as a female and retired.

I was thinking that very few people talk about what it is like after you are finished with the surgery and living as a women.
    Four years ago I retired, and living full time as a woman. Still married to a wonderful wife who accepted me as I am.
    Today I got out of bed, took my morning pills and then a shower. Next I remembered I have golf today so I dressed appropriate for the golf course. Then my wife and I had breakfast, followed by some light cleaning, making the bed etc and finally starting the laundry. Now everything all done in one hour and a half,
    We both put on a little makeup and headed for golf in our golf cart. Arriving at the golf course we signed in at the starter shack. Then met up with other woman who would be playing with the womans group, That we belonged to.
    Finally our golf group set up four to a team and off we went to play 18 holes. later, with a golf score never seen before ( really bad) we waited for the other girls to finish and go to lunch. 28 ladies ascended upon the golf restaurant and were treated with "Ok guys you girls know the menu". You are hear a few times a week. Then the typical what you-all want to eat and drink. Most of the group ordered their first of several drinks some even ordered lunch. I had a salad being told by my wife I needed to get some weight off. After lunch we said good bye headed for home.
    at home again, I moved the wash to the dryer. Took a quick shower and Changed into some jeans and a blouse. Played with the dog and went out in the back of the house to read a book. My wife took a nap.
    A few hours later she woke up and interrupted my reading with a request for dinner. We ate at home about one hour later. But it was my night to cook, so nothing fancy was served.
    after dinner we were called by some friends that wanted to go to the movies. My wife agreed and I was off to the movies. a standard Sci-Fi flick, no popcorn was allowed etc. You know weight remark again. After the movies we stopped for a drink, I only had one. then back home.
    At home, we changed into our nightgowns. watched some T.V. and off to sleep about 12:30a.m.
    So there you have it nothing special except that several years ago I was a male, Now I am Female. other then the gender change I simply can say. I love being retired. Glad I moved to florida to a place that only cares about your golf score, and keeping the area pretty. Color, nationality, gender, no one seems to care. Just don't get in the way of golf or drinks and meals.
    So you can just have a normal life and move on. I did. So can all of you.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

What a lovely post.
    I echo it in many ways. Retired, transitioned four years ago.
    Now my life is much like you describe. I have lots of friends, and i'm just one of the girls to them.

I enjoyed reading your post. I am also retired and live 24/7 as a transwoman. But identify as a Feminine Male. No operation not yet and probably won't be able to afford it. Still I live as I have. I wish I had been able to keep the person who was at my side for all those years. But I don't live in Florida still I am okay. Your story is refreshing and I hope reassuring to others. That it can happen if you discuss your lifes happiness early. Although mine would not have worked out after any way. Smooth sailing and golfing to you and yours. Good story!!
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

I retired three weeks ago and have worked and live full time as a woman, your post "Just another day in my life" was enjoyable to read, it's a little how I expect my life to continue except I don't play golf. It's just another day living and being the person you know you are; Lovely;

Nice to hear that others are going the distance and retiring and living their lives fully.

Living full time since 1977 and growing old. Retired in 2011. NO more commutes, do what I want when I want, NO more only doing stuff on weekends. Able to club all night and sleep in. My partner of 38 years died in 2014 so getting used to living by myself.

God knows I'm working on it. Maybe after I get there my game will improve to the point that people won't have to stay 10 feet behind me when I tee off. I live in hope.....obviously. ....lol
    Last edited by jentay1367; 11-29-2016 at 08:20 PM.

Being retired has its perks! I've been for 4 years now, put I've still got too much of the DNA of a family that were farmers until the generation before me. I'm a bit miffed if I'm not up by 7. Just a morning girl I guess. I also am struck with the family work ethic: I've got to do one positive thing each day! However I do count going to the gym as one. An easy one.
    Glad your enjoying your reward!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!