Thread: I went full time this week

I went full time this week

Here's a list of some things that happened:

- I realized that I still spend too much of my life working.
    - My new dog peed on the carpet (again) and I had to clean it up (again).
    - I took out the garbage.
    - I had to pay some bills.
    - My favorite hockey team lost a game they should have won.
    - I turned on the heat for the first time this fall.

It was one of the most ordinary weeks of my life, aside from, you know, showing up for life as myself. And it was wonderful. Blissfully, uneventfully wonderful. Except for my mother-in-law and father-in-law "meeting" me for the first time tonight. That was actually joyous; they were so happy for me and excited to see me. But even things that should have been nerve-wracking, like using the women's locker room at the gym for the first time, were no big deal (by the way, Tucson REALLY gets it when it comes to trans stuff--if you can manage to find a good job here, it's an awesome place to transition). It's just life now, without the noise. A good life.

I think tomorrow I'm gonna go crazy and do something like...grocery shopping.

Absolutely great Lauren, it just shows the world doesn't stop turning, the Sun doesn't drop out of the sky & all because we want to live as we truly should! Good luck to you Girl.

I'm full time myself right now (apart from at work), but I fully understand how it feels to do normal day to day things that mean little to others. I went grocery shopping yesterday as Michelle and I love it!

Good luck with your journey and I wish you the best for the future. We all deserve to be who we should be.

Michelle xx

Congratulations! I like Tucson too, having lived there for five years in the 70s. I'm glad you're finding the Old Pueblo to be tolerant.

Sounds like you have arrived at the intended destination Lauren!!! Congrats on all it took to get there and welcome to your new life!!!

Onward we go!!!

Ashley
    Have you seen the little pieces of the people we have been?... Little pieces blowing gently on the wind... 11:11

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren B View Post

I think tomorrow I'm gonna go crazy and do something like...grocery shopping.
    If kroger has the same sales natiionwide, do not forget to pick up your favorite sodas which are four 12 packs for $10 but you have to buy 4.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    If kroger has the same sales natiionwide, do not forget to pick up your favorite sodas which are four 12 packs for $10 but you have to buy 4.

Cool......does that work for coke and pepsi too?

update....I checked.....it's 12 dollars. Still a great deal though!!!
    Last edited by jentay1367; 11-21-2016 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Update info

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Oh, I don't drink soda anymore. It's basically water, coffee, or a glass of whatever happens to be my favorite red at the time

Go Lauren Go!!!
    Enjoy our new life and seek peace Give love and kindness to others Live patience, self control, humility each day

Hi Lauren, I really enjoyed your post. Congrats !!! I just set my court date today for my name change which will be the full time date. Coming out at work shortly before. Almost everyone else knows.

So glad it is going well for you and thanks for the reminder that there will not be any marching bands or special news bulletins on TV. I was so looking forward to those LOL.
    Thanks

I don't understand what happened. I started all this transitioning to be a Diva, not a danged domestic!!!!

Tongue in cheek,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.