Thread: Before hormones vs after hormones sexual orientation

Red face Before hormones vs after hormones sexual orientation

Growing up I tried to date girls but my want, was always to be on the opposite side of any date. I started hormones late in life, but the need to be cuddled and held is so much stronger now that it was before hormones. I've read where your brain sex changes when you've been on HRT for a while. I've not seen any documents, testing, or articles from notable organizations, Colleges, or Universities stating this to be true. It's like I've built a pretty personality and figure but at 54 there's not a good guy to share my feelings with. I'm sure I sound pathetic and I'm hoping this line of thread is ok to post. Now that I've reached a good spot in my body transition it sucks to not be able to find a guy to share my life with. I guess my excuse for posting this is being a little down it's cold and windy nothing to do but watch romance shows on the Harmark channel. I guess life isn't so bad I could still be 100% male like I was years ago and that just about killed me.

Kristyk

Kristy,

From everything I have read here, the hormones have no physical impact on what one's sexual preferences are. However, in this transition process, I believe, one starts to realize that past experiences and preferences can change as you open your eyes, mind and heart to what an intimate partner may be. Once we let ourselves out of our previous male roles and lifestyles, in our the MtF case, we feel a new type of freedom and independence about many once never thought about ideas, viewpoints and potential new experiences. With this new freedom, we start experimenting with new things and ideas, and why not?

Allie, I really love your response. The freedom and once never thought about ideas you mention. I think I'll take your thoughts to heart and try putting myself out there more. Who knows maybe there are good guys who like making me feel loved. Letting go a little would be better than not experiencing love at all.

One thing I want to mention. I have heard from a lady that attitude and bringing up your vibrations to a state that you are available and make yourself presentable. no matter who you are there is always someone but you must make yourself available.
    Part Time Girl

Hi Kristi,
    For me it seems hormones maybe opened my eyes to How I think about sex . I certainly have a more "calmer" perspective now and prefer cuddels and attention in a different way then before> Just my experience . BTW you must live very close to me, private message me if you would like !

Hugs , Mindy