Thread: better me than you?

better me than you?

Just had an experience most here fear, had a small accident, no damage or injuries but had police to make a report. Now I was dressed in tight, slim Levis with my new knee high 2 1/2" heel boots, navy pull on sweater and a grey duster. Had on some mascara, powder for evening out complexion and a touch of lipstick, my normal jewelry and hair somewhat styled. Nothing unusual from police(no questioning of picture on license or of gender), if anything was in their minds they kept it to themselves, no laughter or anything else out of the ordinary. Now the ironic part, I was out buying some new work boots, something that is so far from femme.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    They see about everything. Train to be professional. I have been through a license check....officer just said "drive safely Mam." Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I worry more that it will be an officer that I actually know personally, LOL. In most places, they are going to be professional.

Well that can certainly be unnerving, I'm glad it worked out OK for you.

I'm with Allison on this one, I would be afraid it was a cop I know. With my job it would be more likely then not that was the case.

Glad it all worked out to the good. I would be so nervous! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Funny thing was I think the officer was the nervous one as he stumbled to use the proper adjective when addressing me, so when he settled for "sir" I let it go. But yet when he saw me outside my truck in all my fluidity he dropped a ma'am my way when asking if I would prefer to sit in my truck to stay warm as I was not dressed for long exposure to the elements. It's funny how I can be me now and not worry about others opinions. A lot of our fears are just unfounded and only in our own heads.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Banned Read only
    Your last sentence is so true. Doesn't this encounter bolster your confidence? If the officer was O.K. with you shouldn't the public be also?

While they have seen everything, even if they hadn't I doubt they would think you anything other than a lovely lady.
    I think we have all been "sir'd" before they add to much thought, a fun part of life for us
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

One night I went out for drive dressed. But instead of dressing up full. I was only dress in pair of legging, flat heels, blouse. No wig or make up. Unfortunately I got stopped for speeding. And when he approached me, you tell the puzzle expression on his face when he saw my breast form under the blouse but man's face.
    He was very polite, wrote ticket and told me to be careful.

Banned Read only
    Lisa,
    So glad it wasn't a serious accident, that was the important point.

I'm sure it must apply to US police forces but in the UK they acknowledge members of the service are CD/TG or even TS, they now legally have to accept this and provide facilities for them . I'm sure I read where some had established clubs to meet in , like all the services now they realise the cost of training is too great to lose employees besides they are still capable of doing the job, as we all know.

Reality Check
    The police see everything eventually and are trained to treat the public with respect. You apparently weren't fully dressed as a woman, just somewhere in the middle.

Was the officer wearing a video camera? The trend these days is to equip police officers with wearable video cameras to record their interaction with the public. Who knows, you may eventually be a TV star.

Though I don't go out as a female I have gone out in some articles of Women's attire... I have to say that I agree, in that most LEO's try to do their best to treat people with respect. I work with a guy who was a Sheriff's deputy before changing occupations and I will say I have a lot of respect for him, and knowing him feel that if he had an encounter with a CD, Transperson etc. there is no doubt in my mind that he would have done his best to treat the individual with respect. That being said I sure he would (like most other people) have relayed the story of the stop without naming names and laughed about it, and as some have said if you live in a smaller community or know the local LEO's then word would get out and you would have to deal with the consequences which could be anything from a non-issue to life changing in ways no-one wants to think about (I live Firmly in the Bible Belt and I will say that many in the Southern Baptist community are not very accommodating of those who express other than their God Given Gender ~ Bless Their Heart!). Also in many areas the real truth is while it is Ok to be you on the surface you have the Public conversations and the "Did you know that..." So while being Outed in an incident may not have so many visible effects on the surface, the Underneath is often there and it can hurt you in ways that are not obvious on the surface, from social avoidance to lost job opportunities and in many other ways. Now I'm not trying to tell anyone what they should do, just be fully aware when you make the decision to go out.

Speaking of which I did do for the first time today.. Not dressed to present, but in Women's jeans, T, and low back Tennis shoes with no makeup.. Not sure why I even did it. My Teenage son was late for school and it was one of those throw something on and drop him off deals and I just happened to have a new pair of Jeans on the dresser so I threw it on and went, and I didn't have to get out of the car. It was a first and I felt comfortable (at least with myself), though if I did get stopped and had to actually get out of the car I would have been outed. And btw I am Out with both of my kids (Teen and 20).. They know I have a feminine side and dress, and when casual at home in comfy clothes I wear female attire, but I limit it to gender neutral type stuff like Ladies solid color T's and female cut but non feminine lounge clothes etc and both of my kids are Ok with it.

And I'm glad you are alright Alisa! We all take driving safely for granted and don't think twice about it until something happens to us or we see an accident. I was going to work not that long ago and came across an accident that just happened. It was a younger girl about the same age as my Daughter and she loss control and flipped her car. When I pulled up there were only two other guys there and her car was upside down laying against a tree and she was curled up in a ball unconscious laying in the roof. She came to but was out of it and we got her out of the car and into a recovery position waiting for the EMT's. When they got there I left and I was worried that though she appeared Ok that she might have some issues in the long term because it was obvious she was bounced around inside her car pretty severely. Things like that definitely make you realize just how frail we really are.

Quote Originally Posted by MzAlexis View Post
    We all take driving safely for granted and don't think twice about it until something happens to us or we see an accident. I was going to work not that long ago and came across an accident that just happened. It was a younger girl about the same age as my Daughter and she loss control and flipped her car. When I pulled up there were only two other guys there and her car was upside down laying against a tree and she was curled up in a ball unconscious laying in the roof. She came to but was out of it and we got her out of the car and into a recovery position waiting for the EMT's.
    First off, I'm not putting you down or knocking you for what you did. You did what you could to try to help the situation. This is just a reminder for all of us that want to help out in a bad situation.

If the injured person is not in immediate danger like the car is about to catch fire, or there is the chance of the car shifting position and causing further injury the best thing you can do for the injured person is to keep them calm and still. It may seem like the best thing to do is to move them however unless you know what you are doing and have the training to move them without causing further injury this isn't a good idea as you could cause further injury or worsen the current injuries. Remember you can't see what is wrong with them and they could have something along the lines of a spinal injury that could easily be worsened by moving them incorrectly. Just so you know where I'm coming from I have been certified as an EMT and worked with an ambulance service in the past and would much prefer to have a patient moved in the best possible and safest method possible so that they have the best chance of recovery.

Krisi, yes I was somewhere in the middle(no forms of any kind, no nails on and no full face). Never thought of a body camera but I'm fully "out" anyway so if I show up on some cop show I'll have my 15 minutes of fame.