Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Surveillance Cameras - Close call

Home Surveillance Cameras - Close call

I was on a guys weekend this summer at a vacation house i had been at many times. I passed on going fishing early with the guys and remembered they had a whole closet of extra swim suits they had collected over the years for guests but also laughs. Lots of old flowery two pieces. I had fun modeling a few until I remembered they have video security cameras through out the house. I quickly changed into guy mode. an hour later my host called to tell me he was watching me cleaning the kitchen and was on his way back ! Thank god they didn't see me prancing about in the bikinis I just hope they don't check the tape.

Has anyone else been caught on tape or almost got caught on tape. Have there ever been stories of wives setting up secret cameras to catch their husbands fooling around and instead catch them in panties ?

Your thoughts on Security cameras everywhere and even flying Droans

Never been caught but in this age of cameras everywhere -- remember there are those "Nanny-cam" bears, etc. out there also -- it pays to be careful unless you want to be "exposed" (sorry for the pun).

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Seems creepy to me. Would hope that the security cameras are not in the bedrooms and bathrooms.

That's true....cameras are showing up everywhere these days. I have cameras up in my business and also think about the fact that they are wireless. Which means anyone who happens upon the frequency they too can see what is going on. Like with the wireless back up camera I have that sometimes picks up a wireless camera that's monitoring a parking spot somewhere close by. So bank robbers aren't the only ones "casing the joint"!!

For security they are fine, for spying on your employees no! Any photo of you without your permission is wrong! Just my 2 cents! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    Thank god they didn't see me prancing about in the bikinis
    Are you sure about that?

A little weird that he called an hour later when it was "safe" and mentioned that he could see you now in the kitchen & that he was on his way back, no?

Not trying to freak you out or anything. But I suppose the possibility that they did see is always there, but decided not to say anything about it directly.

LOL ! I checked later on as to where the cameras were so i am pretty sure I was ok ! I am known for my sense of humor so these guys and their wives would have teased me for years

Banned Read only
    Robbie,
    Has it ever occurred to you that most shops have security cameras , I bet some of those guys split their sides when they see what some customers have done. I know I had fun buying some heels in a Next shop, the SAs were so funny , I wonder now if all that was on tape !

Hell-o Robbie,
    Knowing where the cameras are located, you should
    have a pretty good idea of whether or not they saw you.

I have a similar concern... I frequently am asked by a neighbor to
    dog, and cat sit for them. Which I always do for them because they
    will return the favor. Anyway; in the past I have gone over to their place
    completely dressed, and the cat is usually in the master bedroom. So I have to
    walk through the entire house to take care of the critter.
    At the time I hadn't thought about the possibility of security cameras, but having
    had the topic of transgender people come up at several parties, or other community
    functions afterwards made me think. The neighbors family owns a home entertainment
    type of business, and he works in the Tech industry, so there's a very good chance that
    the house is being monitored.
    I've never had them come out and directly confront me about my CDing,
    but the previous time I took care of their dogs, they asked me to peek in
    a certain window to see if the toaster oven was turned off. Hmmm??? Is that
    where the camera was pointed? And now this last time they asked me to take
    care of their dogs, they called me (last minuet) and asked me to enter the
    house to check on the cat.
    I haven't looked the place over for any hidden cameras; how would that look
    if they saw me rummaging around the place until I found one?
    And at this point, there is no telling, but I get along with these neighbors quite well,
    and if they do know, it's not a problem for them.
    Now what if they shared this with some of the other neighbors?

Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Last edited by Hell on Heels; 11-22-2016 at 04:54 PM.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Wow, cameras are everywhere now.
    Last January I tried to come out to my wife about my CDing which freaked here out.

I decided to ditch my wardrobe in a basement under my wife's store.

The next day after I moved the four boxes of stuff to under her store I remembered we have security cameras on both home a the store.

You could se me move the boxes out of my cellar, into my car, and then through her store, ARRRRRRRRRRRRR

Well I ended up putting new hard drives in both surveillance systems and told her I put larger capacity drives in so record time would be longer.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

OMG. Yes. This strikes close to home. Been there, done that [unfortunately, with a grin].

I was on a 250 mile bike ride over several days, and spent my nights at nice B&B's.
    The third night was in a wine country B&B. When I checked in they made a point of telling me that after 8p in the evening the outside doors would be locked, as there would be no staff on the premises. I was given a room and outdoor key for my convenience.
    I dressed up that evening in my favorite long blue dress, heels, headscarf (didn't want to bike/backpack with a wig), makeup, etc. I went out for dinner (solo) at a little Italian bistro within walking distance. Had a great time. Spent an hour or so after dinner drinking wine in the B&B courtyard with a woman I happened to meet. She found my appearance engaging and we also had a grand time.
    Right before bed I decided to go down to the courtyard for a nightcap. When I tried to re-enter, the door was locked and it dawned on me instantly that I had left my keys on the kitchen counter inside. I was locked out. It was late (going on 10p), and turning cold.
    I ran about the Inn, trying every door I could. I knocked loudly front and back. No help. I tried to call the emergency phone number the Inn gave me. No joy there after many, many attempts and voice messages. Still stuck outside.
    As last resort, and rather than have The Public (or police) find me sleeping outdoors in the morning IN A DRESS, I broke a small window on the back door and let myself in (where I found my keys). The back door was festooned with stickers warning of video surveillance, and "This premise monitored 24 hrs a day."

In the morning I explained to the proprietor what happened and happily paid for the window. In the "negotiation' over the price of the glass, the Owner let me know he had seen the surveillance video. He never once mentioned how great I looked in that dress (pisses me off a little). But he was a gentleman about it, and I gifted him with a fine bottle of scotch for his discretion.
    Selfie Hair Up in Lady Blue -FC.jpg
    The fateful dress (above).
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    The area I live in is not great so my son set up 24 hour security cameras at the front and rear of the house. This is fine but now means a simple walk to my car is in full view of said camera, and the motion detecting floodlight also set up. I switched them off one day as I wanted a drive, and then faced lenghy questions from my wife later about why they were switched off. I know I can get ready in the car but it is so much easier just stepping out fully dressed. Also my son is a bit of a genius with electronics, and I sometimes get paranoid that there are cameras hidden in the house, I know that's silly but the thought is there.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Silver Member
    Don't forget that most fast food restaurants have cameras for security. I was inside of one, one day and amazed with the camera's clarity and it showed head to lap of the driver. As good a view as if I was standing by the door looking in.

The other thing about cameras depending on quality and light capabilities some will pick up your bra through a sweater. or top. Backlights are very revealing.

Liz.....
    I am so there (the next drive thru).

Aspiring Member
    What a great host! He sure went the extra mile to treat you with kindness and respect and to avoid embarrassing you. Do your best by him. Guys like him are all too rare in this world.

Thanks Abby!
    I seem to relish my most embarrassing close calls and escapes in Life. Don't know why.
    I recall such tales with some satisfaction, a smile and a raised glass to good fortune.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The whole hidden camera thing is verging on violating your privacy.
    I understand the security need for them in some cases but people take it too far sometimes.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    The whole hidden camera thing is verging on violating your privacy.
    I understand the security need for them in some cases but people take it too far sometimes.
    Perhaps, but there's no stopping it now. Some large cities have cameras on street corners and facial recognition software so they can track known criminals through the streets. Individuals can purchase and use hidden cameras with no restrictions and even if there were restrictions, they would be unenforceable because the cameras can be hidden.

We have people putting "dash cams" on their cars and recording every minute they are driving. You can't go into a store, pump gas or cash a check without being recorded. I got an advertisement the other day for a remote controlled drone with a built in camera for under $100.

Here's another thing I just encountered...
    I was leaving for work this morning,(after returning the neighbors dogs, again)
    and found my closest neighbor at the bottom of my driveway where our two driveways converge.
    I stopped to talk to him, you know...just being neighborly.
    He said he was just checking out where the ferrel pigs have been rooting up
    the area in the past few weeks. He showed me the path they were taking, AND THEN!
    he says..."I bought a game camera, and it's in the tree right there!"
    So now my exit from the closet is even under surveilance!
    (Me, and my hammer will have to get a closer look at this hidden camera!)
    Kidding of course!
    They work off of a SIM card I think? Anyone know for sure?
    Maybe a strong magnet would do the trick?
    Anyway...Pig roast potluck at my place coming up?
    (Remember to cover your face as you enter my driveway!)
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Silver Member
    Hell of a good camera? My nephew has one on the farm this time of year. There is motion detection and probably an algorithm that only stores major shifts in viewing field.

With all this exposure, why don't we just get over it, and just stop worrying about being caught. I know, I know, a pipe dream to be sure. But think of the freedom, the lack of worry, less wasted time hiding things, no need to dream up wild excuses. Wow sounds like heaven.

feel a little paranoid suddenly....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Every time I go into a local Ross store in my area. I see myself on various hanging monitors they have throughout the store and I wonder how long they store those "tapes", because I like to buy my lingerie there and stop pretty often to check. They also have a loss prevention person up front that greets you and wanders around. Apparently they are taking lots of steps to curb their shrinkage.

I'm not too concerned with the security cameras in the stores themselves. However, the cameras in the dressing rooms bother me. Some stores have the mirrors on a wall where there could be recording equipment or an actual person on the other side. Sometimes they have a second mirror so there are no hiding places in the dressing room. Once in a Walmart, the small mirror in the corner of their dressing room was missing. There was a 1cm wide circuit board that went up and down and had at least one camera lens on it. The lens was the size of the lenses on cellphone cameras.
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjjohanne View Post
    I'm not too concerned with the security cameras in the stores themselves. However, the cameras in the dressing rooms bother me. Some stores have the mirrors on a wall where there could be recording equipment or an actual person on the other side. Sometimes they have a second mirror so there are no hiding places in the dressing room. Once in a Walmart, the small mirror in the corner of their dressing room was missing. There was a 1cm wide circuit board that went up and down and had at least one camera lens on it. The lens was the size of the lenses on cellphone cameras.
    I thought that such cameras in dressing / changing rooms (ditto for restrooms) was illegal? I know its to prevent shoplifting, though.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    The moment I leave the house I assume I'm on camera.

I have very... thorough... blinds and curtains that I claim are "good insulation."