Thread: Starting hormones this week

Starting hormones this week

I'm so relieved and excited to have an appointment Wednesday afternoon with an endocrinologist. She is at Vanderbilt University Hospital and helps many transsexual individuals. I've been dressing openly since 2010 and now is the time for me to begin addressing the deep-seated gender disconnect that's haunted me since age six or seven. Sometimes I wish I was a crossdresser and could find peace on that path. With hormones, I'm hoping to lessen my dysphoria and possibly see some small changes to my body. My expectations for physical change are really low, as I know hormones don't reshape the face, shrink the Adam's Apple, or change the voice. I detest the sight of my private parts so I'm hoping for shrinkage. I don't care about sexual function, believe it or not. I just want to feel more comfortable in my skin.

That sounds like all reasonable expectations.
    Congrats...big time.

Awesome! The thing about low expectations are they're easy to meet. I have similarly low expectations and have been delighted over the last few months. Congratulations.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Congrats and hugs, Amanda.

I'm right with ya. My expectations are similar. All I want is to feel human, and not something else.

My therapist was very impressed when I told her my expectations. I see her again in about another week, as well as my second visit with my Endo on the same day.

So far I have been impressed with how well I seem to be responding to the treatment.

I hope everything goes well for you and you are able to settle into your routine quickly.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Gold Member
    Good for you Amanda! Hang on for the ride. It is wild and wonderful!

Good to see you back on the site, Amanda! After meeting you and Mel a couple years ago, I knew that you were a lady looking for answers. If your counselors think you're ready, HRT is going to be an interesting trip for you. For me it has settled my inner battles in my mind. I'm happy again and look forward to each day now. I hope you have the same reaction in the next few months. Good Luck!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Hi
    I enjoyed reading all your responses and I wish to be in the mix sort of speak. I am sort of simuilar and would like to have conversations with like thinking people. I haven't been posting here much cause I want to be accepted. I have been on this forum the TS forum since 2014 and never post much because of the acceptance factor.
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Just gotta kinda jump in around here Contessa. Bunch of strong minded women with strong opinions! Gotta be thick skinned sometimes. ..lol

Contessa, you are always welcome! Your opinion is valued. Take care of yourself and I look forward to reading more of your posts.