Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DADT Again

Reality Check
    I suspect that the reason so many wives have a problem seeing us "dressed" is that many of us seem compelled to dress like prostitutes. Perhaps if we dressed more like our wives they would be less upset.

Krisi, I can't imagine this conversation ever happened:
    "Honey, I'm a crossdresser."
    "I don't approve."
    "Why not?"
    "Because other crossdressers dress like prostitutes."
    "How about if I dress like you do?"
    "That works for me."

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Nothing to do with my wife's reasons Krisi. She doesn't want to have her image of me as her husband compromised. I suspect that is a far more prevalent concern that dressing like prostitutes.

The dressing as a prostitute probably doesn't help though. Ithe doesn't wear well with most women as they get older. And for cders who are only that, and not so youthful, it wears even worse. That doesn't mean we can't still enjoy dressing this way, middle age women still rock the boudoir thing for their enjoyment. And it can be artistic in its own way still. If it feels good do it. But, visually to our partners, it's probably harder to deal with than regular every day women's clothing which can be hard enough for many.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    DADT was what I wanted but she, wanted...but she wanted you WILL quit. DADT would never have worked. She would never have been happy what out HER dream marriage. We had sex on her terms. I decided losing the DREAM home which turned out not to be big another, and the dream job which didn't pay another any more. Life is a choice and people change....not always for the best. She did her best to ruin me for being not her DREAM husband. I am now happy! And she has total control of everything in her life. I am happy for you if DADT is working and you and you are happy. Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

So much of this thread really hits home, From the roommate controlling to the total lack of intimacy.

trying to make the best of the situation can be difficult sometimes.
    Although not in a DADT relationship, and the dressing does not really cause a strain here
    It still can be a challenge living in a roommate relationship.

I have to admit that at times I am a bit selfish, I dress how I prefer.
    thinking that if we are just going to be roommates, I might as well be happy with myself.

this may only add to the problem, But sometimes you have to be happy with yourself first.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"