Thread: Trailer Park Dreaming....

Trailer Park Dreaming....

My wife and I have decided we are not 'beach people'.... we are down in south Texas by Corpus Christie, camped in a nice campground. We drove down to Corpus yesterday, drove on teh beach and got sand in the Suburban.... one time years ago we drove our motorhome on the beach and like to never have got the sand out of the carpet.

I like the idea of being an Iowa farm wife.. like my wife's aunts. Chic elastic waist jeans, plaid shirts sensible shows.. I've spoken before of my wife's rule of three's...for every three articles of clothing on one of htem has to be drab. But at night in the airstream.... I am encouraged to 'dress in something pretty'. Which, of course, is so sweet to hear,,and believe me, we've discussed it.... many times and I still don't get it.....I don't push it, just take it slow. and enjoy it so much...

We are camped now in a campground in Texas that is basically a hay pasture with lights and water. But it is private, the owners and other campers don't bother us. The cable is good and the wifi is excellent (fellow Airstreamers will know exactly what I am talking about!). We also have a dog. Well, I should clarify, my wife has a dog and the dog has me. The last two nights the dog needed walking and I was dressed. My asked if I would walk the dog and I said sure, I'll just change. thinking she wouldn't want me walking around the campground dressed as I was... which was basically what you would imagine a 67 year old Iowa farm wife wearing, pull on denim jeans, a plaid shirt with a built in shell.....when she said, oh, just throw a jacket on, no one will care. I so enjoyed the walk and I made a point to tell mywife when I got back how much I enjoyed it.

Tonight, I'm in my vanity fair yellow pajamas, again the dog needs walk, wife asks if I will do it, repeat of last night only tonight I am in nylon pajamas, just put a jacket on it's dark. So out the door the dog and I went. well let me tell you I was spooked because it was so dark and I could hear animals--I mean like lions or tigers or bears! The dog was scared too. We walked to the end of our row and I heard what I thought was a rusty hinge squeaking..like an Alfred Hitchcock movie.

I said to the dog come on, let's go... and he didn't skip a beat but started trotting back to the Airstream. We got in the door and the wife asked how was it? I said it was pretty nice! LOL!

I mean to tell you my wife is suggesting I dress. She told me I am smoother and more loving. I have had some serious health issues and she said what difference does it make, just don't embarrass me... which I don't.. And besides, she sees that it makes me happy. I am so lucky.

And, we are both having fun! We were laughing earlier about taking selfies in the trailer, you know just stupid stuff that you do when you are both having fun and acting crazy... I said that only way I'd take a picture is outside reflection in the trailer. And the conversation had run its course. Later, I went to go outside and stretch my legs she asked if I was taking my ipad, huh? to take pictures with...oh yeah, I had forgotten.

Well, I took the pictures but they are so big I can't upload them.... I was dressed very comfortably and I positioned the ipad to cover my face! LOL
    Last edited by Ozark; 12-01-2016 at 11:06 PM. Reason: clarity

Glad you had a good time. Just be glad it wasn't the lions, tigers or bears opening the gate with the rusty hinge!!!

Reality Check
    Going away from home is the perfect time and place to dress and be your "other self". Nobody knows you and it doesn't matter if strangers realize you are a crossdresser. I hope to do something similar one day.

Enjoyed sharing your experience, and visualized myself in your shoes as well. Fortunate for you that your better half is compliant with your need to dress. Count your blessings and enjoy your time away.

Lovely story, Ozark. Thank you for sharing.

I just retired about 4 months ago. I have had some concerning health issues also. I was diagnosed with bladder cancer that had moved to my right kidney [after biopsy found to be low grade cell] but kidney still removed to be safe. My wife and i will be full time rvers probably starting early 2017. I will be traveling as my fem self as my wife is very supporting. Our dog just loves to travel in the rv also.

We don't have an air stream but a giant fifth wheel and we love Corpus. We usually are there in warmer times though and try to get a week in during each summer. Wife and I love the beach there. Were y'all on Padre or in Corpus. There's a couple of nice parks in Corpus but across the bridge on Padre is mostly sand type parks. I just love smelling the ocean early in the mornings. We haven't run into any CDs there but have stumbled on a lot of nudity especially by the dunes. There's a National park that is cool on down from Padre part, hope y'all made that. The visitors center there is cool especially when the turtles are there.

Aspiring Member
    But, ufda, at the visitor center the showers in winter are ice cold. Another retired full time RVer here, traveling solo. Love the National park, good place to ride bicycle with little traffic. Walking the south pier on a sunny day, frolicking dolphins and brown pelicans diving, life is good around Corpus. Love the yacht harbor in town. Especially when knowing I've left the snow up north.

I'm not out, however my entire trailer is my closet, so always femme aboard, drab outside, works for me. Once I leave the beach area I run my car and trailer at least twice through a car wash to get the salt spray off. Life is good.

Thanks, Ozark, nice write up and re-lights good memories,

Ineke

Thanks for sharing! Loved your story! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

great story i can relate to from another angle.after full time rving for 5 years following retirement i got bored and bought a small rv park in rural tennessee 60 miles east of nashville.its a very small town but full of events and music all year round.right now the place is full of deer hunters rough and tumble.i have their respect and enforcing the rules is easy.i wonder how that would change if they knew that i dressed?i dont want to find out!during the rest of the year its just the usual older couples who would probably keep their judgments private.not so the rednecks,hill billies and bible bashers in my neighborhood.as such they are great people and easy to get along with(love living in the south)but i would not burden them with my hobby!it would be interesting to see what happens if a more selfconfident sister were to visit which i would certainly welcome.
    where has all the glamour gone?
    marlene dietrich is my idol

Sounds like you are inviting me as you know how I do here getting along with "your neighbor types" ! Glad you are doing well !