Thread: Has anyone addressed handwriting?

Has anyone addressed handwriting?

One thing I was made aware of is handwriting? Is you handwriting feminine? Does it flow like a female or is it hard and course like a male. I myself have started holding my writing instrument differently while I am at work. Hoping to work on my style of writing making it more flowing.

kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Platinum Member
    Hi Kymmie, Of all the things that I am great at penmanship was never one of them,

my style is definitely not smooth and flowing......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have a few different handwriting styles for various applications. My big lettered, rounded, flowing girl style is my favorite. Back in my school days I would also get some comments of approval from female students. Always liked that.

I have been thinking about this and I was thinking of trying to use the other hand to see if I could get it to look more fem. Then I look at my aunts handwriting and it doesn't look much better than mine. So I don't think it really matters unless we are teenage girls. Lol

I have no doubt that you can teach yourself to write more feminine (whatever that may mean to you in particular), but changing hands (Wyoming) isn't going to work just by itself. I can write with either hand and somehow it looks the same, indicating (to me) that it's guided by sight and/or deep brain mechanics, and then muscular coordination. IMHO

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yeah I do write with more flowing form since I decided to stay on the femme side.

Yes, writing with either hand is usually about the same. I was a psyc minor in college. They had us use our mouth to write with one day and my writing was looking like I was using my hands. I was thinking it would be easier to teach myself to write a bit more flowing if I used the other hand as it is not my dominant hand.
    Hugs and kisses Jessie

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    I have always had a lady handwriting.......Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

Silver Member
    I have a flowing handwriting and artistic. But, I will tell you that handwriting is not gender specific. I've seen handwriting that you couldn't tell which sex wrote it. Many guys are sloppy because they could care less. Some girls are the same. Best handwriting I ever seen was a calligifer that did work for me, a guy.

Yes, I have feminine handwriting; if 'chicken scratching' counts.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

My handwriting makes a doctors look good. My cursive has been bad since grade school and has only gotten worse. Being left handed does not help.

Banned Read only
    Kymmie,
    I have only one style and that was flowing joined up style using a fountain pen, it was hammered into us at school along with a sharp rap across the knuckles with a 12" ruler if we got it wrong. I never thought about what gender style it was, all I know is it was the right style as far as my school was concerned .

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I am left handed and my hand writing is terrible.

My writing is flowing if I slow down, the faster I write the more it looks like scribble. I print most of the time now, so my grand kids can read it. In their words, they can't read writing, they can only read reading. Apparently, schools are not teaching writing anymore, just how to sign their name. And the computer age rolls on...

My wifes hand writing is just above the ledgeable line, but she is in the medical field. Seems they have a system all their own. It does look feminine to me though, even if I can hardly read it. So, I don't think as we get older, handwriting matters as much as it once did.

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    No, my handwriting is not feminine. Sometimes, it is barely legible. Simply don't write as much as i used to. Computers, emails, texts, etc are to blame for that. I suppose if i try i could make it appear more feminine when dressed.
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll:

Yes, natal females do seem to have a smoother, more artistic and flowing style of handwriting than males overall, but obsessing over that in today's day and age is kind of like agonizing over which style of rotary phone to get next. And by those females, I mean women of earlier generations for whom such writing facility is still a "thing" and a matter of pride.

The computer keyboard and the touch pad keyboard of smartphones have essentially made writing anything down on paper pretty much obsolete, and good penmanship is no longer valued the way it once was since there are few applications for it anymore. Save for signing miscellaneous legally-binding documents and maybe writing the odd greeting card, personalized "thank you" note or "to do" list, few of us write anything down anymore.

In fact, most schools no longer teach cursive writing as it is seen s a relic of the past - much like Latin...

Aspiring Member
    My handwriting isn't neat, but hopefully readable. I used to be untidy as heck, and can still be when I'm in a mad rush. I think, like many other things, handwriting is merely a habit.

In my misspent youth, I got certified as a graphologist and saw a *lot* of handwriting samples. (This was back in the days when typewriters were a rarity and computers a dream.) There is no male or female handwriting. Handwriting, however, does reflect the inner state of the person operating the pen. If your mental state is smooth and flowing, it will come out in the handwriting. If you're a jumble of nerves and conflicting desires that will come out as well. Practice is important to learning to shape your letters, but state of mind is what will make your writing beautiful or ugly. (Legible is a whole 'nuther kettle of fish - I've seen jaw-droppingly beautiful writing that is just impossible to read...)
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Black View Post
    I have no doubt that you can teach yourself to write more feminine (whatever that may mean to you in particular), but changing hands (Wyoming) isn't going to work just by itself. I can write with either hand and somehow it looks the same, indicating (to me) that it's guided by sight and/or deep brain mechanics, and then muscular coordination. IMHO
    I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous!!

My handwriting is probably the least feminine part of me... its shocking, my typings not to crash hot either
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

My handwriting has always been smooth and flowing, on the other hand my wife's looks like she squished a line of spiders with her fist as they walked across the page.
    I don't think there is any correlation between handwriting and gender, but if there were it would be way down the list of things to work on.

I come from a family of bad handwriting (cursive). Mother always said we were destined to be doctors.

I stopped cursive handwriting many many many years ago. I write my signature, and everyone accepts that. If I have to write notes or such, it is only printing and that is all in large and small caps.

Since I have been in computers since 1969, I type or print using them. I am very comfortable using computers and it is ALWAYS legible.

Well my hand writing is terrible. I think it is easier to read chicken scratch then read my handwriting. Maybe a code breaker could. . I haven't noticed if my change of holding has done anything. maybe but I am still working on it. I would love to learn calligraphy.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Mmm, I havenever thought about my handwriting...though it has always been very neat and small. Not sure if that makes it fem or not....