Thread: Still don't like the shot

Still don't like the shot

While I hate giving myself a shot every week, I am happy for the resolve it gives me inside. Just sayin.

From this I get the information that if you're doing injections, they let you self-administer? That's pretty cool. Everything I knew about hormone shots comes from the movie "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" where the TS character, The Lady Chablis (sadly, recently deceased,) had to go to the doctor's office to get her shot. It made me immediately rule that method out.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Wow. I just responded to Jennie's thread about patches and then I see this one. Self injecting creeps me out too. I have done it for sixteen months now. Will it ever stop me? No way.

Jeri

Almost 3 years now. Dr. prescribed and monitored of course.

I've done it for 6 months now. Once you get the hang of it, eezy peezy....wouldn't stop now if They made me administer it wearing boxing gloves. L.O.L.

I too would sure figure out a way to get it done also!

I am planning to start injections once the nationwide shortage of injectable estrogen ends, but I cannot ever see me giving myself shots.

Cypionate is still widely available. It's the Valerate that has periodic availability issues. After a couple of ghoulish times, you get used it, Grace. No fun......but you move through it and get the job done. Beats driving to the Dr's every week!

Do you not have implants in the US?? I'm pretty sure you do for E2, probably not Cypro or Spiro though. Implants are much easier. Mine have lasted 12 months so far.

Don't forget the good ol' pill is still out there! I've been on them for 20 months now and like the results. Plus they are painless, plentiful and cheap.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Heidi -- I assume you mean Premarin? It's a classic treatment choice but I can't take that for two reasons -- one, the doctor says that for my age it it puts more stress on my liver than they're comfortable with, but that pales in comparison with reason TWO -- when my girlfriend was going through her transition she was on Premarin and I kept making horse noises every time I saw her. I know the payback would be swift if I started taking it myself.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

All I can say is, if I had to inject myself, once a week they would find me passed out on the bathroom floor.

naaaah! you're Canadian, you're made of tougher stuff than that....lol

Been on hrt for over 3 years, first two on pills and the past 16 months on injections and I absolutely hate giving myself the shot, that's why when possible I let my spouse give it to me and trust me when I say she enjoys giving it to me.... I swear she is drilling for bone sometimes.........ouch!!!

But its worth the pain... my body responded way better to injections, I wish I had just gone that route in the beginning...
    I'm outta here...

When I was on the shot regimen it was an endo visit. When I transitioned to patches and pills it was obviously self-administered.
    Marie