Thread: A truly random act of kindness!

A truly random act of kindness!

So this morning I needed to kill about an hour before church, so I went to a lovely dinette.

Ordered my coffee and breakfast. Enjoyed my meal and asked for the check.

The waitress, with a big smile on her face, informed me that my check was taken care of. I immediately thought maybe someone was messing with me, so I asked who took care of it.

Without giving herself away, she tells me the woman in the corner booth took care of it. I walk over and there is a woman and her two teenage children and her husband and I thank her profusely and tell her that is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me.

She tells me it was her pleasure and that I am a beautiful person. I still have goosebumps!

Wow, see? There are truly good people out there!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Wow. That was nice of her!

I had something similar happen the week after I got back from Iraq in 2003. My whole platoon went to a local place for lunch. We had to get back to work, so I tracked down our server to ask for the bill. She informed me that a gentleman, who had since left, took care of it. We're talking about eighteen soldiers, it was not cheap! I have done what I can to pay it forward. Whenever I fly, if I see a lower enlisted soldier, I buy them lunch and tell them to someday do the same thing for someone else who looks like they could use it.

Wow, congrats on that experience!!! A true blessing! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

WOW I got goosebumps just reading your experience. See good things come to good people.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Wow there are some amazing people out there
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Quote Originally Posted by Allison Chaynes View Post
    Whenever I fly, if I see a lower enlisted soldier, I buy them lunch and tell them to someday do the same thing for someone else who looks like they could use it.
    I think a lot of people should think about doing something nice for others at random moments. It makes a difference. Back when I was in school, I had to sell my car to pay for tuition. One of the doctors asked how I'd get back and forth to work and school. I said my motorcycle. But how about when it snows? I said I'd have to be more careful. A week later, he gave me one of his old cars. I was stunned. While I was getting it fixed, I found out he does this stuff periodically. So once I got out of school and had a decent job, I did the same; when it was time for a new car, I found someone who needed a car, and gave my old one to them. I've done it with every car since. Public transport is fine for lots, but there are some people who have to take two or three buses or trains just to get where they're going. There are lots of very nice people out there that work very hard, and could use a little help. I knew I wouldn't miss the money that I could have gotten by selling it.

There was a movie a while ago, called 'Pay It Forward'. Someone does something nice for you. For no particular reason, just because they can. Expecting nothing in return.

It would be nice if more people would do that. I don't mean every day. For most of us, that's simply not practical. But once in a while? When you see someone who is obviously having trouble just getting by? Do something nice. They'll never forget it. And maybe, just maybe, they too will do the same someday.

Pay it forward.

Make someone's day better, just because you can.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Sometimes Miss, well said! We will only improve the world one person, one encounter at a time.

Nice story. Hey, I might need a new car.......
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

WOW! That is stunning. Thanks for sharing that glimmer of hope.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Nice story. Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Oh...my...gawd. What wonderful people. What wonderful children they will have raised. And of course, what I wonderful experience for you, Kandi.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    There are some nice people out there and seems you found some LOL.
    I tend to pay things forward and ask the person I pay it forward to to do the same.

With all my heart, Allison. I love you. I really do.
    Thank you my Sister. Thank you, my Brother for serving your country. Love your habit of still taking care of the troops.
    You're a class act. I should expect nothing less from a warrior brave enough to love wearing a dress.
    v/r
    Ilene
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-05-2016 at 01:03 AM. Reason: didn't need quote
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Some very wonderful stories here

A truly wonderful story, Kandi

The pay-it-forwards in our lives leave us so humbled (at least for me). After my first wife passed away very suddenly, folks and neighbors I never even knew came to my house bringing food, or simply a kind compassionate word for myself and my children...it was awe inspiring. I try to pay it forward myself as often as I can.
    In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

In the past when I've done even something simple like holding a door open and I've been thanked I've said to the person that I've given them an act of kindness now it's their turn to pass it on. That way kindness spreads and what goes around.........

However if someone ignores my kindness, oh boy can I be sarcastic; "Don't mind me, you just carry on." or "What did your last slave die of?"
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

To the OP, as a CDer I've been on the receiving end of random kindnesses like that several times while out and about, and it is truly heartwarming. Such a gift when so often simply being ignored is counted as a successful outing.

I live down by Branson MO.... these things spout up occasionally and our local paper reports them in "roses and thorns"....as in a rose to the kind gentleman who paid for out meal at the Outback Steakhouse, I paid it forward by paying for another customer's meal" well you get the gist of what I am saying.

If you are eating at the outback you probably don't need any help paying for your meal

I was at the grocery store once, behind a woman who was paying for her food with ADC check. She didn't have enough money on her card to pay for all her groceries, so she started removing items. I told the cashier, to put those items on my bill.... Now, when I am in the store and I see someone paying with ADC check, I always help them out but paying the deductible.... to me that is more important. but what do I know. I'm not lambasting those who do pay it forward at restaurants but my belief is the people who need help the most don't eat at restaurants.

One time at a Rancho mexico restaurant, a gentleman paid for everybody and left. When we asked for our bill, our waitress said that it was already paid. We asked who that was and to point him out. She said he paid and left. There are some great people out there and some of them don't even want any thanks and remain anonymous. Every body in that restaurant said thank you to a true gentleman.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not only does doing nice things for deserving people make you feel good it helps that person more than you know.

imagine if we took your situation and magnified it infinitetively how great our world would be ? on the flip side I was a t a busy mall people watching and shopping as I left a store I was approached by an older lady (how I currently present is like a tomboy so you really have to look ) and she asked if I could use some fashion tips? so I said sure we went back into the same store and she showed me better ways to match up things according to style and or age group and most importantly she knew I was dressed under the radar and showed me a bit there too , so it being noonish I offered to buy her lunch whichin a good mannered way tried to refuse but I assured her that it was always proper to return a favor for a favor and that indeed it would be my pleasure, in an lol way she told to stop walking like I was plowing the lower 40 !! new mannerisms are so hard to learn,all in all a very productive ,warm fuzzy day