Thread: Anxiety Med's helping with dysphoria???

Anxiety Med's helping with dysphoria???

Here's a question for everyone.

I've been taking anxiety medicine for over a year, and this last week money was tight. Well I did a bone head move and stretched my medicine to get me through the week. Or so I though. By the end of the week I wanted to do everything, and anything to transition. Not to mention high anxiety as well, ugh.

Has anyone else had something close to that happen before?

I'm doing better now, I'm coming back to my senses.
    Joan Meredith,
    Slow to live the dream
    I'll get there when I get there

My understanding of gender dysphoria at least as I know it is that anxiety medication has no effect on gender dysphoria. That has certainly been the case with others I've spoken with that are transitioning and had previously tried that route. So I'm not sure anyone here will be able to speak to your concerns. It seems what has seemingly worked for you to mitigate your dysphoria, simply doesn't work those that identify as transsexual.

It's pretty common for trans people to have an anxiety disorder of one kind or another. Depression is also quite frequent in our community. What insight did you gain from this brief interruption of your medication?
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

I began taking Wellbutrin to help me quit smoking. Apparently, they used this as a mild anti-depressant at one time. When I began, I felt a lot more feminine! The lady in me was coming out for a walk! I got off of the medicine because it wasn't helping me to quit smoking. Recently, I began taking it again, and the lady has begun coming out once more and stronger this time. I guess this stuff brings things out of people. The doctor told my wife the medicine also kicks up the libido in men. Like that needed a boost! I also feel more confident, and relaxed. Maybe ask to switch your medicines?

Wellbutrin is more of a stimulant than other anti-depressants, so it's easier to lose weight while using it. I took it for a time, about fifteen years ago. It had no effect on my dysphoria, one way or the other. I have never taken an SSRI, though.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Untitled
    As with all medication, this forum is not your answer, please discuss this with medical professionals who know you and your history
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another