Thread: A few more baby steps out the door

A few more baby steps out the door

On the weekend past my wife and I attended our second Girls Night Out event, the first one being the Halloween Party they held. The Halloween party was not that nerve wracking all we had to do was park and enter the bar plus it was Halloween every one dresses up as a girl....don't they? So this time was really our first real time out.

So last Saturday started out with me being completely excited and terrified about the evening. Managed to get dressed and made up with lots of time to spare also got to swap out my stud earnings for some large Gold hoops for the first time (God I love pierced ears ) 20 minute drive to the hotel half way there realize I left my wallet at home in my jeans turn back and race home with the wife telling me to slow down, the last thing we need is you getting pulled over dressed like that with no ID. I said it's ok April can pay for her own speeding tickets. Made it back to hotel only 10 minutes late.

We had arranged to meet Giselle and her wife for a drink and a chat before going down to the GNO Christmas party. (ever had that dream about being trapped in an elevator with a bunch of strangers? that's what was going on in my head and the hope they were on the first floor.... no such luck they told us they were on the 9th floor ) This meant we would have to enter the hotel lobby and take the elevator up to their room. When we arrived at the hotel we had to park out in the open right in front of a Timmy's ( Canada.s favorite coffee shop) So we park the car and we stroll over to the hotel entrance past people coming in and out of the coffee shop, past parked taxi cab"s and a police cruiser ( I think it's a law in Canada that there has to be at least one police car parked at a donut shop, don't know the reason for said law but the police seem to take that law pretty seriously ) and make our way into the lobby of the hotel, smile at the girl at reception and over to the elevators. Wow that was easy no one around so into the elevator press 9.....no 9th floor just PH, are they in a penthouse ? back out to reception just to make sure. Yes that's where they are.Back to the elevator, younger couple there waiting to go up. Smile, they smile back, into the elevator we go. On the way up the male said I like your shoes. I squeak out a thank you, they get off before us and we continued on up to the Penthouses.

Spent an hour or so with Giselle and her wife having a couple of drinks and chatting. Everyone was getting hungry so we went down to the Restaurant and had dinner a couple of other girls came in and sat with us for a chat while we were eating.Needed to go to the little girls room so off i trot. There's a GG walking towards the Ladies so I decide discretion is the better part of valor and I'd use the men's washroom, peek into the men's there's a man at a urinal. I look back to the Ladies and the girl is looking at me and holding the door open (she was probably one of the other girls SO, don't know that for sure though ) so I ended up using the Ladies bathroom for the rest of the night, only ran into one other GG who just smiled at me fixing my hair at the mirror.

The rest of the night went too fast we chatted with some of the girls in the bar at the party then went back up to Giselle's for a night cap before driving home. When we got home had a long talk about where we were headed with this, discussed where i thought i was on the gender scale and what that meant for the future. Still don't know the answer to that one but right now I'm just happy that I get to share and explore April's world with a wonderful lady by my side and to have friends like Giselle and her wife to make the journey fun and interesting.

I would like to thank everyone here and especially Giselle, KarenRHT and Kandi for their words of encouragement leading up to Saturday. If it wasn't for this forum and Giselle getting me to go to that first event I would probably still be dressing at home wondering what it would be like to go out and do more than just sit at home.

Now, got to go search for a new dress for the Valentines dance in February.
    "The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed."- Einstein

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    "There's a GG walking towards the Ladies so I decide discretion is the better part of valor and I'd use the men's washroom, peek into the men's there's a man at a urinal. I look back to the Ladies and the girl is looking at me and holding the door open..."

What a great experience for you. Thanks for sharing.
    A girl can never have too many dresses

Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you had a good time! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

You go Girl!!! Thanks for sharing
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Wow! Sounds like you had such a wonderful night.
    Really happy for you April and such a treat to read about your wife being there with you.

Sayyidah
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Baby steps lead to running which leads to teenage girls which leads to.....oh, never mind!

Time to run girl! Proud of you!!!!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Banned Read only
    April,
    That really is a lovely story thanks for sharing it.

One question would you do it alone ? I'm in that situation now I'm not sure if I would like my wife to accompany me.

I did have to smile at the washroom dilemma , sometimes the gender signs are so small or ambiguous that you can still make a mistake , I was having a bar snack in a pub with some friends and forgot to pick my glasses up, the sign was very ambiguous I pushed the door and searched round for the urinals, then a GG passed me with a puzzled look and gestured to the other door, I just apologised for not wearing my glasses.

[QUOTEOne question would you do it alone ? I'm in that situation now I'm not sure if I would like my wife to accompany me.][/QUOTE]

Hi Teresa. I think I would do it alone if my wife didn't want to go, but at the moment I think she want's to explore this with me so she can understand why this is so important to me. I also love that she wants to come with me, we have had a lot of fun going out and have both made new friends There may come a time when she feels comfortable enough with this new world I've dropped her into that she would allow me to go out by myself but right now I'm happy having her by my side until then.
    "The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed."- Einstein

Never been invited up to the penthouse. How awesome is that?

You want to explore April's world, you're willing to accept and overcome challenge, plus you have a supportive wife who's enjoying the adventure with you April. My words of encouragement pale by comparison. You're an inspiration to others April, so keep going, and keep enjoying.

Karen

An inspirational story, thank you for posting April x
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!