Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some help and fast

There's an old joke that I first heard way back in the 1960's that has something to do with this situation. It goes like this:
    Two buddies were in the locker room at their golf club changing clothes. One of them notices the other is wearing a girdle. He asks his friend, "Hey, Bud. How long have you been wearing a girdle?"
    His friend replies, "Ever since my wife found it in the back seat of my car."
    Phoebe

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    The adult thing to do is explain why they were there, the sooner the better. Waiting for her to ask puts all the pressure on her. If you care for her, why would you want to treat her like that?

Yes it's possible that she may decide she can't accept it, but it's going to come out one day anyway. It's absolutely not fair to either of you to waste years of your lives living a lie.

I find it impossible to believe that such a conspicuous error could be anything other than a clear message from your inner self that you need her to know the truth. We just don't make mistakes of that magnitude otherwise.

Bite the bullet and have The Talk. There's masses of advice on the forum of how to go about it.

Good luck!
    I used to have a short attention spa

Another vote for 'A time for the chat'...

Wives and girlfriends don't miss much and may be on track with them being yours. I held back from telling my wife for over 10 years and in a way, I do regret not telling her sooner as life has been easier for me since I have been openly able to dress.

Mountain Lass
    The issue isn't the clothes and this is where so many of you fail to understand the hurt caused.

The basis of mature adult relationships is trust. If you want to try treating your girlfriend like an idiot, which is disrespectful, she gets a good idea of the quality or lack of in the relationship. if you would like this relationship to have a future how, rather than what, you tell her is going to signal whether you are a future worth developing or not.

Men who know there is a problem but don't want to raise it until their girlfriend does are not a good future prospect. You need to mature.