Thread: Purged Yesterday..................no, it's not what you think!

Purged Yesterday..................no, it's not what you think!

Hello to all!!

My first thread!

I purged yesterday.........my MALE clothes!! Okay, a bit of clarification. Due to an unsupportive spouse, I can't dress very obviously girly. I therefore am able to dress more androgynous, with a strong lean toward fem. An example would be different colored yoga tights in yoga class, or purple turtle necks, woman's leggings, sweatshirts, jackets, and Ugg womans high boots. These are all woman's sized and styled clothes, but allow me to 'dress' without crossing her 'line in the sand'.

I did keep male clothes for work and the very occasional social gathering that requires male attire. I figured at this point in my life, why not go for it and make myself happy, while staying within bounds. I do have few things that are over the line, but do not wear them around my wife. But if I can wear girls clothes, but not be screaming it out, it's a win for me. I would guess that my wardrobe is 75% girl, 25% man. It's a start. I do envy those of you able to go the full length in your dress. maybe someday.

I would like to hear others similar stories, if you wish to share.

Samantha

Hi Samantha, your wife is ok with you dressing Andro?
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Sounds like a reasonable approach to me, Samantha. Hopefully, with a little time, your wife will discover that you are still you, just maybe a little softer and more considerate. Right? If she does, she may be able to let go of some of her fear and objection. Maybe not, but you seem to be headed in the right direction. Good for you.

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    I do something very similar, not because of a spouse, but because I don't
    want to out my self to obviously all my friends and clients.

Most days I wear women's leggings or women's athletic short with a men's T-shirt.
    (I live in Cost Rica, it's very casual). I have a sewing machine, so I have modified some
    of my men's T-shirts to kind of hug my figure. Does not look extremely feminine, but more
    feminine.

Of course, when I'm wearing a women's bottom, I'm also wearing woman's undergarments.

I also have not cut my hair in over 2.5 years. I wear it in different looks. Some
    might be considered a little feminine.

I have very hooded eyes. I wear mascara everyday. No one has said anything, I think it is
    because I have very hooded eyes. I've been told, by someone that knows I wear mascara, that
    it brings out the color in my eyes.

A funny thing is, once I put them on, if something comes up, I have to get dirty fixing something, etc,
    I really dread taking them off. I just do not want to take them off.

when I'm presenting a little more feminine, I feel more comfortable in my own skin.

BTW, I've been on hormones now for about 10 weeks, so, soon, I may have to start dressing
    more "differently"

I've included a couple of photos of my current look. Am I achieving an androgynous look?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CostaRicaRachel; 12-06-2016 at 07:13 AM. Reason: add photos
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

Reality Check
    I have many male clothes that I no longer wear but I've never gotten around to actually donating them. I have some female clothes that need to go as well. Thins that I bought before I figured out what looks good on me and what doesn't.

I don't get the "andro" thing. For me, it's one or the other, not a combination. Not a lot of men wear tights in my part of the country unless they are riding a bicycle.

I was purging some male clothes and my therapist asked if I'd being them in to her office so she can give them to her FtM patients. What a great final disposition for those old suits... I don't know if you're seeing a therapist or in a group or anything, but if you are, see if you can spread the joy.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Silver Member
    Good for you! I'm guessing you are now much more comfortable, both physically and emotionally. I'm not far from where you are,in that I have my boy clothes for work and girl clothes for most everything else. My wife has gradually gotten used to my dressing, fully at home and somewhat androgynously when out. It's gotten to the point where my supply of boy clothes is dwindling. Heehee