Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: do go out alone or with someone

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    The majority of my crossdressing outings are for the purpose to socialize with friends, whether they are members of the tg community or not. I do go out alone for a cup of coffee every so often, however most of the other loner type of activities and outings are not satisfying and not worthy of dressing up for.
    I could be the lone one crossdressed in the group of friends, which tends to be just as enjoyable as if I were to be with others that are crossdressed or are transitioning.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    For me going out an about alone is the norm for me I feel as long as I blend well I'm just another women out doing her errands and shopping and it's such fun.

Silver Member
    I've only been truly out among the normals one time. I wouldn't have done it alone, but felt comfortable and at ease as I was with a forums sister who has been guiding and encouraging me. It was wonderful! We are having a dinner out, soon, and have invited a third person, another forum sister that has been so very understanding of my needs and has helped me tremendously. I feel the security when with another. But, I promised myself and my sister that I would make a solo journey, and I will.

I go out alone, mostly because I have no one to share this activity with. Mostly I am out on travel. I go to SF a lot. I am not going out dressed with colleagues from work. Alone it is! I have been out with others, like at Viva Wild Side, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had thought this forum might be a place to get acquainted with friends for going out in different cities, but it hasn't worked that way. I think people just don't visit that part of the forum, and people are rightfully cautious about venturing out with strangers, even for a drink in a public bar.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Most of time I go out solo; I have gone out a few times with the wife.
    Hanging out with another CDer is the bomb!
    But I bet going out in public with at least another CDer enfemme would be really awesome!

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Hello I'm new here but I'm 62. I go out alone and for dinner with my stepdaughter both dressed completely with wig and makeup and also as a man dressed enfemme with my bald head showing. I'm out getting my car fixed now wearing shapeware, heels, pants, pink sweater, jewelry, soft green infinity scarf and a women's quilted jacket. No wig no makeup and everyone is extremely pleasant. Work was taking a while so walked up to Starbucks. Got a compliment on my jacket and scarf.

I have gone out both solo and with my wife. For me going out with my wife is 100% better then on my own. With her I feel more like one of the girls talking shopping trying on cloths. Solo I have no distraction so all I think about is being outed.

Bury yourself in a pack of GG's whenever possible!

Far and away, I prefer flying solo. First off, I am accepted (or not) for myself. In a group, like it or not, we are viewed as an oddity. The larger the group, the more difficult it is to blend in. Secondly, for me, the high I get off of dressing is personal interaction with others. That is far easier by myself.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

My situation is that I pretty much am full time at home as I am transgender and on hormones but I do present as male to many in our circle and community. When out and about I usually am with my wife as we do enjoy being girls together. We do have a standing agreement that if we see someone that knows us that we will separate and join up later so that people wont figure out who I am that only know me as a male . This only occurred once and worked out well. I do have an antique business where everyone I deal with only knows me as Mindy so I often go out with out my wife when working . We do prefer that most who know me as a male, and the husband of my wife, do not know that I am transgender but if they guess or find out its not a big deal to us, just a preference.

I always go out with my SO and we go as two gals., However the part of town I run around in knows me as a male. But the town tat is right next to us nows me as a female. LOL or we go farter out to another town.
    Part Time Girl

I mostly go alone because there is no one to go with I would be more than happy to go with another CD or friend but no one is available when I am. I sure is fun with or with out others
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Quote Originally Posted by abby054 View Post
    Alone, but I prefer to do almost everything alone whether en femme or in drab.
    Haha my answer is with people because Becky is a very sociable girl and loves to share her special occasions (outings) with people...Funnily as a guy i am much less sociable.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDaddicus View Post
    This is our situation as well. My wife is quite impatient about wanting to go to a larger town and making a night of it, though.
    Keep that lady happy and do what she says.

I go alone to local parties, she has zero interest unfortunately...
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have done it both ways but shopping or going to events or browsing historical sites is better with another on board.

I live alone and don't have any friends nearby who are "in the know," so it's exclusively solo outings for me. I wish I did have a partner to share it with, at least some of the time.

- Diane

Back in the day it was always solo. Now my wife always accompanies me usually to clubs to dance or occasionally dinner. Lately we've been going out with great friends and accepting couples. I always have the opportunity to go by myself if my wife is a little tired at the end of the week but she also loves to get her dance on. We find dancing a great way to blow off every day life stress.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by April Showers View Post
    Krisi
    I don't really think there is a town far enough away for my wife not to bump into someone she knows. I've always said if she landed on the moon she would bump into someone who knew her . It has happened at Disneyland in Florida on a new year's Eve. It's happened at a sold our concert in Buffalo and those two examples are in a different country so it probably will happen sooner or later and I know I'm going to collapse in laughter.
    Yes, my wife knows a lot of people as well. The best we can do is reduce the risk by going to a different town or city. The place I have in mind is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from home. We've been there a few times for festivals and so far never run into anyone we know. Like so many things, it's a matter of risk vs. reward.

Usually I go out alone, although often my destination is some planned event where I expect to meet up with several of my GG lesbian lady friends. I am in a couple of meetup groups, and a lot of my 'out for an evening' activities center around socializing with others in those meetup groups, as Ceera. But I'm perfectly happy to head out for a dance or a music event or whatever all by myself, just to enjoy the event.

When I first started going out en-femme, it was always alone, to bars or nightclubs that were LGBTQ-friendly places. After a while that included going to music venues where friends of mine were performing, and/or where friends were likely to be attending the event and sharing a table that I could join them at. But it was never a case of me asking someone to get together with me and go someplace together.

I'm widowed, and I don't have a wife or SO or girlfriend/boyfriend any more, nor do I have any particular friends who I would just pair up with for an outing. Virtually all of my GG lesbian lady friends right now are either married or in a relationship, and the few that are single like interacting with me in a group setting, but aren't close enough friends to pair up with for outings. And while a few of the couples have indicated they are open to the idea or meeting with me for drinks or dinner, it feels a bit awkward for me, as a single person, to tag along with just one couple who are in a relationship.

One exception to my solo outings, I suppose, is that I do often go shopping or to a movie or out to dinner en-femme, while accompanied by my daughter, who is nearly 21 now. She doesn't care which mode I am in, so if I happen to be enjoying a 'girly day', and we choose to go to a movie or out to dinner, or to do other activities together, then off we go! About half of the times we've gone to see a movie and about a third of the times we have gone out for a meal together over the last 6 months or so, I have been en-femme. But that is more of a matter of me enjoying qulity time with my daughter and she with me, as opposed to pairing up with a 'wing person' for support.