Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why the connection?

The thing is there is still a lot of people out there of course who think if you crossdress you are gay or creepy
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    So letting people know your sexual orientation lessens their thoughts of your crossdressing as being creepy? I doubt it! Perhaps stating one is straight or bisexual may contribute to their concerns of crossdressers using the women washrooms for other reasons than the main reasons why.
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 12-10-2016 at 10:25 AM.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    It's not the first thing that comes out of my mouth but it always comes up when meeting new people. I will bring up the fact that I am straight especially when I meet an attractive woman.

Banned Read only
    Maybe your question should be directed towards men and women, especially wives. Why is their first question out of their mouths when they meet a crossdresser "Are you gay?" How often will the average person encounter a MtF cross dresser unless he or she actively seeks one out? Now, if you are 100% passable and a person passes you in the street or at the mall, then having achieved your goal of being passable as a woman, the public has not realized you're a man wearing a dress. I have seen some men wearing a dress who are visibly so not passable that the public will see cross dressing as "creepy."

I have not had to answer your question because I am an in-home cross dresser by choice. My wife did not even ask me the "gay" question because my sexuality was fairly confirmed before the "talk." Try to explain it to her? I cannot explain it to myself. Anyway, the question is based on ignorance. And, a societal perception that men who do not act "manly" in societies eyes "must" be gay.

On the site it seems it is just part of one's introduction. It also allows interaction on threads to be based on some premises. I am not gay. I do not understand why a person is a gay man or a lesbian. In my interactions with others it does not matter. As a man, if I went to a gay bar noted as a hook up joint it would be a necessary bit of information.

I see a therapist on one on one counseling...war combat related issues.....not sexuality/cross dressing. For several years I talked about my son-in-law. Once it was necessary due to the context of the conversation to mention he is African-American. She said to me that I never mention that before. I retorted "why?" He's a great guy. And, the counselor is a black woman too!

PS: As to the washroom issue, perhaps when the issue is raised one should tell the inquirer the truth...women, young girls and young boys are raped and molested by men who are not wearing a dress.
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 12-10-2016 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Additional Comment

Banned Read only
    Tracii,
    My wife accuses me of being homophobic, my answer to that is I'm not but being wired as bi-gender I can't relate to a male to male relationship. I don't have a problem with it I just accept they are wired differently.

Maybe I do add it sometimes as reassurance for my wife and family , the first time I stopped over at Carole's home my son asked me if there was something I'm not telling them.

I have always let people decide for themselves, they will inquire of my sexual orientation if they desire.

When I was twenty I had a lot of boys try to hit on me, I always went home with one or more of the other girls in my group.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    Makes me wonder if they assume that because I am not straight, that I am open to let them "experiment". It shocks them when I turn down their advances.
    Sounds like you're getting that well known authentic female experience; that of having a male assume that there's absolutely no reason why you wouldn't want to have sex with him!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Ummm, sometimes_miss
    Is that authentic female experience you speak of be propositioned to be service on the the female's manly parts. That person ended up having her experience that she wanted with some guy at the gay night club the following weekend. The others were wanting crossdresser on crossdresser experience.
    I assume that they believe the stereotype that a pansexual person or bisexual person is wild and promiscuous sexually.
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 12-12-2016 at 11:09 PM.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    My experience in gay clubs and some CD groups was GET IT OUT QUICKLY- I only have sex with GGs. Groups will have many different people with lots of different wants. Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

Why so necessary to get it out quick at crossdressing groups, Emily Ann?

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Because I goes to this kind of get togethers for fun and meet sisters in my part of NC.....not to be hit on. The last time I want to a group (3 years back) it turned in to grabass party. Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

Yikes! Mind to share which group, as would be a shame for other crossdressers (no matter what sexual orientation) to experience the same. Especially if the group is promoting a safe non sexual intention environment.

This is a subject I've touched on many times. The general (mis)perception of MtF CDs is that we do it because we ultimately wish to transition and/or wish to have sexual relations with other men. In the vast majority of instances, neither is true. As such, some of us feel it necessary to make our "straightness" clear. I personally don't feel that need, but I understand why some may.
    Knowing yourself is so much more, Take one step forward and you open up the door. T'pau - Secret Garden.

Check out my blog - You Can't Do That With People