Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wife's bra

Congratulations. Now you have 20 years of catching up to do. Just do it slowly. Enjoy!

So true. But I want to do so slowly. I want it to be mutual fun. I am still married after all. It isn't just about me. You ladies are the best. I want to meet some of our someday. Considering First Event next month. I will see how she warms up to the idea...

Be prepared for her to have a reversal of feelings, not saying it will happen but just be ready for it. Some not all SOs after having time to think and let it sink in fully start to get worried and scared and say they don't want it in their lives. If it happens talk to her more listen to her concerns and worries. What ever happens take it all at her pace because if you push it it could just backfire.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Reality Check
    It sounds like you've solved your problem so congratulations. Take it slow and be sure to keep telling and showing her that you love her and that you are still her "man".

To respond to your original post about the bra your wife is throwing out (in case someone else is in the same situation), what I used to do before I told my wife about my "hobby" was to rescue old bras and such from the trash. Let her put it in the trash and then retrieve it before it was picked up. That works for donations as well.

I mean Krisi, darn auto correct

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Thanks Sandra and Krisi. That post disappeared somehow.

Awesome to hear Julie . A little bit of stress to work through and then the fun and a closer relationship begins . I would suspect it will go well for you and your wife as she seems to be very open and wanting to communicate her concerns right off. My wife and I have a blast now but it took a few years for us to figure it all out . blessings to you !

As some expected, there has been a turn in my wife's acceptance. She is so concerned about where it leads and how it affects our marriage and kids, as do I. I seem to be answering the same questions over and over. I have told her I need to know what kind of boundaries she wants and I will explain what I would like in terms of an outlet for Julie to exist. I think we will get there, but it feels like Julie will be in the closet, again, and probably not seen or discussed with my wife. Ahem.

Reality Check
    Rather than asking her to set boundaries, I suggest that you set them yourself by your actions, not words. That switches the "power" from her to you.

Start out keeping things simple, then as she begins to accept the fact that you are a crossdresser, you can stretch the boundaries little by little. Don't think in terms of says or weeks, think in terms of months and years. Don't expect her attitude to change overnight.

Kids certainly change things and I would expect her to want to keep this part of you hidden from the kids.

Yes , it took several years for my wife and I to be where we are at now . I would suggest find out what she is comfortable with right now and do that. If she becomes comfortable with some aspect of your cross dressing then make it fun for her too . Like maybe you wearing a frilly apron and telling her I got dinner tonight and make a nice meal for both of you ( if you can get away from the kids for a night ). My wife loves to go shopping with me when I am in girl mode as I always help her get cute things that look nice on her. So she went from being very uncomfortable being out with me as a girl to looking forward to it . Again this all took a few years . I wish you the best .

Mindy, I am with you on this. Pushing at this point will backfire, knowing my wife. I to am trying to let her know it can be fun, and that I am still the man she married. But I do need an outlet where Julie can exist.

Hooray for you Julie,best wishes to both of you. if only I had the strength to come right out to my wife.

Aspiring Member
    I don't wear my Wife's Bra, I get my own, actually I am in a Red Bra mood these days and I do have plans to go to a store and try a few on and see which ones I'd like to buy.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

I am 55 have crossdressed occasionally with pantyhose since a teenager. Recently my underwear is worn and is not comfortable. I decided to order panties to replace my underwear and pantyhose. I ordered some for my wife also because there were special deals if you buy 2. Recently I decided that I want to crossdress. A few days ago I put on a pair of panties, pantyhose, dress and went shopping at Savers. Next day I told my wife I want to crossdress.
    Last edited by Billy; 01-16-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Hi Julie ,

I think going to a couples therapist could be a huge help for both of you, don't give up, it'll take time, understanding and a whole lot of communication.
    Best of luck to you both and happy holidays to you .

Congratulations and it looks like 2017 will be a good year for you. A wife who understands you is worth her weight in gold (or lingerie!!).

Quote Originally Posted by JuliePtown View Post
    Well, I did it. I was half joking about asking her for her old bra. My intent was a way to tell her about Julie.

We sat down to dinner, and my heart was racing, and I was occasionally gasping for air. She noticed. I thought it would take a few beers, but pretty quickly I said I had something to tell her that might be a little shocking. Ashen stare back at me. I started by assuring her I am not gay, wasn't leaving her, and wasn't cheating on her. A releived little smile now. I explained that as a bisexual, which I told her before marriage, this may not be all that hard to believe. She has also said that I put on a tough exterior but knows I am a real softy. I said that I like to wear women's clothes sometimes. She gave me the biggest smile, squeezed my arm, and said that perfectly OK. Phew! What a dream. What a wife. Of course now it sinks in and the expected questions come. Do I want to trans? How often? When did it start? Have you been out? Etc. All good discussions and I haven't felt that close to her in years. Some emotion set in. Concern about the extent. Where it leads. What about the kids... More good. We shopped for gifts together with short discussions here and there and reassurances on both sides. I even pointed out a dress I liked. At home now and wouldnt you know the Snickers commercial with Willem DeFoe dressed as Marilyn Monroe, and the Big Bang Theory episode where the lose a bet and have to dress up as female super heroes came on. Inside laughs. But she was now exhausted and we went to bed, hugging each other to sleep. In the morning we did something we haven't done in 7 months. And clothes were not involved. I love my wife!
    By removing all the more serious issues from the discussion first, it made your admission come off as so minor by comparison...I must say, you set that up perfectly.

Mona Lisa, yes, it has gone well since. I knew what she would worry about, and the biggest thing is trust. The more I tell her, the more she trusts me, and the more comfortable I get with telling her more, and so the healthy cycle continues. Julie

Quote Originally Posted by JuliePtown View Post
    Well, I did it. I was half joking about asking her for her old bra. My intent was a way to tell her about Julie.

We sat down to dinner, and my heart was racing, and I was occasionally gasping for air. She noticed. I thought it would take a few beers, but pretty quickly I said I had something to tell her that might be a little shocking. Ashen stare back at me. I started by assuring her I am not gay, wasn't leaving her, and wasn't cheating on her. A releived little smile now. I explained that as a bisexual, which I told her before marriage, this may not be all that hard to believe. She has also said that I put on a tough exterior but knows I am a real softy. I said that I like to wear women's clothes sometimes. She gave me the biggest smile, squeezed my arm, and said that perfectly OK. Phew! What a dream. What a wife. Of course now it sinks in and the expected questions come. Do I want to trans? How often? When did it start? Have you been out? Etc. All good discussions and I haven't felt that close to her in years. Some emotion set in. Concern about the extent. Where it leads. What about the kids... More good. We shopped for gifts together with short discussions here and there and reassurances on both sides. I even pointed out a dress I liked. At home now and wouldnt you know the Snickers commercial with Willem DeFoe dressed as Marilyn Monroe, and the Big Bang Theory episode where the lose a bet and have to dress up as female super heroes came on. Inside laughs. But she was now exhausted and we went to bed, hugging each other to sleep. In the morning we did something we haven't done in 7 months. And clothes were not involved. I love my wife!
    Actually sometimes a little humor breaks the ice.

My wife knows about my "hobby" and is quite supportive, she even dug out some old dresses of hers and let me have them.
    It all started when we first moved in together and it was only when she was doing laundry that she realized my undies were "Hanes her way". She just thought up to that time that I was wearing stylish undies for men. Awhile later she had brought home a nightie for her to wear I tried it on and I came clean that I did in fact enjoy wearing nighties, she took me nightie shopping a couple days later. For years wearing the nighties was enough but recently I've gained an interest in dresses, pantyhose etc. and she continues to be supportive. It's really nice having a SO that can deal with a man with a feminine side and can contribute and have fun with it.

Julie: I'm happy for you that your wife was so understanding. I had taken a different route, concealing my interests until, one day, I was called away form my laptop and left this site up and showing. She saw my posts and when I returned, she wanted to know "what's up with this!" It turns out that she was really, really angry! Not about my CDing, but about the fact that I had hidden it from her for so long. I've now learned that there are 3 things that women severely dislike. 1) not confiding in them. 2) wearing their clothes. and 3) masturbating. I found out all 3 the hard way and now I get to dress in my lingerie each day while she is at work (I'm retired). I have to shop for my own lingerie and also have to wear a chastity cage to prevent wanking. A word to the wise!