Thread: she gasped

she gasped

Just another thread about going out and about and owning it. As I was paying for a purchase at a large pet supply store the cashier asked for my name and phone number to update their new system for my discount card after being gendered as female by using the Ma'am pronoun. Now when I loudly said my first name, Albert, she responded with "excuse me?" so I repeated my name and the woman next in line to me gasped, I then said and spelled my last name and gave a phone number and then the cashier thanked me with a Ma'am, at that moment the other woman complimented me on my hair style and asked if I styled it myself, now using my normal voice which I do always now no trying to hide it, I proceeded to put my change, the bills in my wallet(female) and the coins in my coin purse then in my purse and on my way. I must tell that I was expressing my femme self in clothes and full make-up(a bit above everyday looks) nails and jewelry, now what was said afterwards I do not know or care, I had other things to do. Maybe it's this time of year but everyone seems to be nicer even to this old CDing fellow.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    So cool Alissa, it might be the time of year but I find most people are just more accepting even here in the states.
    While I understand the fear of those who want to go out but don't it's really just a matter of your own mind.
    So glad you had a great time

Glad it worked out for you and you had a good time! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    That is very awesome Allisa!
    It's really something to get complemented, especially when you've already been noticed.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sounds like all went well Allisa !!!

I think Leigh hit it right on the head as it seems the states are coming to grips with the gender issues. I say that and I live in the south and a state that I would be hesitant about outing myself in.... Really there's more to it though as the small town I'm from is still the fairly older generation majority and just would not accept it yet. The area Leigh is from is very accepting though. One just has to pick carefully. The season might have a small amount of acceptance at this time as every one seems happier.

Lisa, just another every day story about going out like any other person. Humdrum, so boring........ (yeah!!!!!). That's the way is should be. We seem to be having similar experiences. No one really cares, it's so great! Had a few similar experiences myself today!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Kandi, I related this event because I've never had anyone gasp at the news I'm a man, it's obvious to anyone with eyes, I've had every other reaction, I think, but she went from shock to complimentary in a heart beat. It's just so run of the mill being out anymore...but I love it!
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Banned Read only
    You must live in one of those really liberal states/cities. You see, where I live it's really... not.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lisa, And the look on her face was PRICELESS !! ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Jennifer, I don't know how liberal N.J. is but I must have found a good area and Philly is cool if you stay in certain areas as in any big city.

Blue, the look of confusion on the cashiers face was priceless and you could almost see the question marks, the other women's face I did not see at that instant so....

I get busted in shops occasionally but the outcome is mostly positive.

A negative response is usually a stern look and curt good day.

So I usually depart and "Have a nice day" :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That's a great day out and it's so pleasing to read that many of us are having the same experiences. Even here in Queensland/Australia.
    The other day I spent the entire day walking around a major shopping centre in guy mode, but wearing a short skirt. As far as I know nobody cared. If they did they kept it to themselves. The bonus was that all the SA's knew that I was shopping for myself and were immediately helpful.

I'm not nearly as brave as you are about it, but I did 'own it' today and had a good experience. I was at Sears in drab looking at some dresses on sale. I didn't find anything I wanted/would fit in the dress department, but I passed by the lingerie department as I was leaving and spotted a bra I liked hanging on one of the racks. They even had my band size in that bra, so grabbing it and taking it over to the dressing room attendant/Sales Associate (looked like she was in her mid fifties or so) I held it up and said "I would like to try this on". A slight pause as apparently I surprised her, but she then said "sure", pointed me towards the dressing rooms and said "You can use any open room on the left". I picked the first room (it was early and there were no other customers trying things on) I tried on the bra and it fit, so I got dressed, put the bra back on the hanger and exited the dressing room area. I ran into her again as I was exiting the dressing rooms and she said "Did everything fit okay?". This time I was surprised, but going with the flow I said "Yes it did, thanks" and went to find a checkout to pay for it. In general I think that if we are matter-of-fact about it that helps a lot of SA's be the same way.

I've had to give my male name several times when I've been out en femme. I've never had a problem. The worst thing that ever happened was a cashier at the drug store who wouldn't stop giggling. She was very young, and I haven't seen her there since.

Attitude is everything in these situations. Just act like nothing is wrong (nothing is) and everything will go fine.