Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: crossdressers are brave

I don't see my self as brave at all, but i think its a personal thing. If one wishes to go out but is scared and you conquer that fear and go out that is very brave. But going out for me has just been something I need to do, I have never been scared therefore I am not at all brave.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Becky's comment; If one wishes to go out but is scared and you conquer that fear and go out that is very brave. is what I intended to say. Jenifer's correct in pointing out that much of the fear we experience is unfounded, the world isn't such a bad place for us. That however isn't the whole truth as there are places no CD'er or Trans person of any description would go and expect to come out unscathed. There are dangers out there but in the same way getting into your car and driving to the shops or travelling by plane or boat carries an element of risk.

So for many it is an act of bravery to take those first steps out. Once you've been out and mingled with the muggles a few times you learn that those fears were far more imagined than real. Going out then becomes more just a thing you do but there may always be one butterfly still hiding in the pit of your stomach. This in fact is a good thing as it keeps you aware and safe.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Firstly the context of my response. I'm fortunate to be out dressed 4 or 5 days a week.

Suddenly Fem is promoting 'opportunities' to present better as a female, ultimately to be able to pass. Makes good commercial sense. As a number have said here and before, not many of us pass so we take to heart all the opportunities of developing our femme side. I do too.

When I'm going through a busy shopping centre in male mode, I do wonder about me when in femme mode - words like 'brave' do come to mind but not as a result fear of physical harm, just being different.

Yet in femme mode, I don't feel brave at all. Just 'right'. No, I don't pass. I don't even try to blend - my age in femme years is really quite young

Suddenly Fem promotes 'confidence'. Confidence is very important but it comes, in my view, from experience. Perhaps the greatest contributor to confidence and enjoyment is being comfortable that I'll be recognised as a man in a dress. That is empowering and satisfying. The world is a friendly and satisfying place when I can happily interact with people even with a male voice.

Glad to see the article I referred to has provoked interesting and varied opinions and reactions to it..certainly made me think about things....hope all are having a safe and happy holiday...

That's one of the best things about crossdressing. You can have adventures without going very far from home.

Maybe AUDACIOUS, or brazen would be more appropriate regarding most of my "out" adventures.
    Can hardly wait for the next one in about 2 weeks.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Those of you who have the courage to dress and go out and be who they want to be regardless of what others might think, are brave. I wouldn't consider myself brave. Sometimes I wish I had the guts to admit that the clothes were for me... Here's me hoping that the next year will see me doing a step forward.

I've been crossdressing for over 40 years now, but it has only since my divorce that I have ventured out dressed, I started by going for 5 to 10 Kilometre walks very early in the morning dressed in mainly pink clothes, it was winter so I had to rug up. Then in spring I bought myself ladies gym gear and started walking in it, I also wear a wig, makeup, earrings and sunglasses. After doing it so often I got the confidence to go to a crossdressers ball in Katoomba and have been to another ball since and a Christmas Party for crossdressers and their family and friends, I have also been shopping whilst dressed to a few shopping centres a couple of outlets and also Costco a number of times, now you may think that is brave and yes I do too, BUT when it comes to going to the ladies I would have to be the biggest chicken out there, I have only used the ladies in a public place once at an outlet, it wasn't very busy and the ladies were empty, but that is the only time, I did try at another shopping centre, but the line up was out the door and there was no way I was going to stand in line with a bunch of women, so no I'm not brave at all. My daughter just thinks I'm crazy.
    Last edited by Sissy_in_pink; 12-28-2016 at 04:30 PM.
    Sophie Mosley