Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fingernail polish (nails) in "drab"

I wore nail polish quite a few times before transition. When I did, the people at work downstairs (who didn't know beforehand) weren't that suprised. Apparently, to them, the nail polish was a dead giveaway (except to one girl who assumed I was a goth), but they just talked amongst themselves and assumed it was a 'hobby'. Yes, they really did call it a hobby.
    Just my observations, for what it's worth, that people 'think' things even though they don't say them to you.

Little Dandelion
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria D
    I wore nail polish quite a few times before transition. When I did, the people at work downstairs (who didn't know beforehand) weren't that suprised. Apparently, to them, the nail polish was a dead giveaway (except to one girl who assumed I was a goth), but they just talked amongst themselves and assumed it was a 'hobby'. Yes, they really did call it a hobby.
    Just my observations, for what it's worth, that people 'think' things even though they don't say them to you.
    A "hobby", LOL!

"Yes, I tried building model ships, but it just didn't bring me the peace I was looking for."

About people "thinking things".... yes, I know. I've worn pantyhose in public with shorts many times, and sometimes feminine shirts. I usually wear feminine jewelry. (All of this though I've never tried to pass as female. Just being me.) So what's my problem with painting my nails?? Beats me. Just an irrational mental block, I guess. One I'll get over with sooner or later, I'm sure.

Edited to add: I thought of one possible influence on my state of mind about this:

If I'm going to the trouble and the expense to get my nails done, it would be something I'd want to keep for awhile. It's not like clothes where I can just leave if things get too "whatever" and go home and take them off. I'd have to live my life for several days or weeks or what have you with them painted. Maybe the inability to "run away from it" if I feel the need to is making me hesitate.

Excavating all the dark corners of one's psyche is not fun.
    Last edited by Sarah Smile; 03-06-2006 at 08:39 PM.
    [SIZE="1"]"So you walk into this restaurant, strung out from the road
    And you feel the eyes upon you, as you're shaking off the cold
    You pretend it doesn't bother you, but you just want to explode

Yeah, most times you can't hear em talk, other times you can
    All the same old clichés... Is it woman? Is it man?
    And you always seem outnumbered, you don't dare make a stand
    Make your stand"

from "Turn The Page" -- Bob Seger[/SIZE]

NOW if I could just keep them from braking off all the time, seems like every time I get a bit long I brake them.
    Hugs Jodi Lynn

Removed!
    Just got back from the doctors office. We went for her 2nd consultation on an urelated thing. Anyway, I have mine done in a glamor length bright red and nobody said anything.

After we went to buy shoes for me and out to dinner and it all was without incident.
    Read my monthly column On URNA And The Gender Society

Real women were built to be admired. Why be ashamed or hurt if you admire a well crafted copy or immitation?

I've tried several shades of my daughter's polish for the weekend when she and my wife are out of town, but when they are home I limit it to clear. If anyone has noticed it at work they have not said anything, however, except for lunch, I may not have anyone come close enough to notice anyway. My wife and daughter can spot it though because I like to put on several coats to get a real high-gloss finish. If I could find a transluscent enough color, I would wear it in public more often. Can any of you girls recomend any barely visible colors.

Love ya lots,
    Bobbie

Banned Read only

Another idea.....

I saw these cool nail appliques at the drugmart. An adhesive plastic film which you apply over your nail and trim. They come off easily, and look better than polish and are not as tacky as press-ons. So I thought, as I looked at my electrical toolbox one day "I wonder if I could do the same thing with some of that red electrical tape?" With some practice.....yes I could. I just cut a short strip, land it on the nail in question, use a fine marker to outline around the cuticle, trim with maincure scissors and press down the edges! Works on toes and fingers and comes off super quick without a fuss and that telltale polish remover smell.

I switched to acrylics and am very pleased with them. They are much smoother than my real nails and only added a small amount to my regular manicure/pedicure cost.

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbie
    Can any of you girls recomend any barely visible colors.
    I've found the shade of pink that comes in french manicure sets (the "set" packages together a bottle of pink, a bottle of white, and guides for the tips of the nails) to be one of the most subtle colors. And it matches my fur!
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

I used to have my toenails painted all the time but my fingers no ... i'd love to but cant because of the kind of work i do...they would get ruined...
    but i do love showing off my toes wehn there painted.. i like trying on shoes because most of the time the first remark out of the sales girl is oh my gosh nice color.... that looks so good on you... or something like that
    [SIZE="5"][/SIZE]Monica

new email address & personal web page.....

monica55cd@hotmail.com

http://planet.angelfire.com/crazy/monica55cd/

I normally keep my nails long with acrylic coating with a pearlised French and often got comments from shop staff but the last time about 4 weeks ago now a had them done in Chinese red for an appointment with the GIC and wow did thy look good and kept them like it since.
    be having them redone again on Monday

whoops sorry just re-red the title (in drab) not done that for a while
    Last edited by Jonien; 03-11-2006 at 08:42 PM.
    [SIZE=5] [SIZE=6]Christina Jonien [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]...
    [SIZE=5]......................Tiamo[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]...........[/SIZE]

fingernail polish (nails) in "drab"

I wear red nail polish all the time in male mode and don't get any negetive comments. This suprises me. I even have had 1" acrylic nails with red polish and not many commented on it wile in drab.

I mix three colors (beige, white & clear) to get a color that isn't noticable in drab, yet "I" can see on my fingers.
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]