Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you lived alone 10 miles from the closest neighbor and rarely left your property

In the summer my wife prefers me naked around the house and that's fine by me. There are neighbors somewhat close by so that requires slip on shorts and t-shirt for quick outside trips. Warm summer new moon nights will find me wandering the back yard or just sitting and watching the stars as the breeze washes over my naked body. Love it but sometimes get frustrated that I can't do that during the day. Cooler months has me mostly in drab (except for naked exercising) unless my wife is out. When alone I'll just drop a dress over my head and go about my daily routine. She doesn't mind nightgowns but is uncomfortable with the dresses. I don't do wigs or make-up or want to "present" as a woman. I'm just in it for the comfort and a little style. If we were more out in the country the only thing that would change would be the need to dress before going outside, or ditch the dress in the cool months before going out. If I had my way, if I was dressed at all it wouldn't be in pants...ever.

Quote Originally Posted by susancheerleader View Post
    I'd wear what I want to or feel most comfortable in. If that's a dress, or a pair of jeans or a damn leotard.... I will wear it.
    Susan, I agree totally. I would dress as I wanted too. Whether it was just lingerie, a swim suit or a princess dress I would wear what ever the He!! I wanted too.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

My wife and I spend the last three years traveling in our Airstream .... in 2014 from July to Oct, 2015 July to Nov, 2016 October to December.

I dress androgynously every day. Mostly jeans and tops. Always panties

I would probably be like most women would be in similar circumstances, very light makeup (if any) very casual clothes. I would keep my body and face totally smooth every day though.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I would dress according to my mood. However I would wear leggings and footless tights a lot more often, they are just so very comfortable. They are my new favorites.

When on holidays Beverley features most times.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Billy,

I think about this the same way my wife does. Dress for comfort and practicality unless a situation demands something more formal, elegant, or the like. My wife and I have talked quite a bit about this and may explain why I don't express as feminine very often even though I identify as feminine much of the time. I do a lot of mixing and matching of men's and women's clothing items - mildly androgynous - women's tops and menswear everyplace else. Your mileage may vary.

Personally, I have found it is more important to present feminine attitudes and behavioral traits, not including classic mannerisms, than to present the look of a woman. Sympathy, empathy, compassion, helpfulness, etc. The living traits and characteristics commonly associated with women. I get great responses, perhaps because, in the masculine dominated world of our current cultural phase such behavior in a male is refreshing, especially to women. I find I am more or less invisible to some men. But if I was in the specific situation you describe, I don't think my gender would have much importance. If I am alone wandering through a Colorado or Utah wilderness, my gender identity means nothing. Being a part of the world around me is all that matters and thinking about gender or gender expression is a distraction that can be downright dangerous in rough country - eyes on where you step and what is around you. All senses at maximum volume. Perhaps this adds some fuel to the argument that gender is a social construct and if you are not in a social situation you may find that expressing your gender is not important. Problem with that is, why are there so many people who crossdress in private? Hmm, a bit of a quandary there. Perhaps we perceive our homes as social situations even if you are there alone. But 10 miles from anyone else and living as a hermit? Clearly, not very much of a social situation. So, for me I would go for comfort and practicality.

Gretchen

For me I would dress full girl all the time.
    If I had work to do it would be Jeans.
    All the rest of the time it surely would be pretty dresses
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I would be dressed all day long but into something comfortable. I would also sun tan to get those sexy tan lines I envy

I wish I had that kind of freedom. Where I live I have neighbor's on all sides of Me and dressing outside is extremely hard unless I am really to be fully out. If I did live in the docks, I surly would be dressed more often, at least in the beginning, to be outside and under the sun and feeling the wind.

Your right about the pajama's and flip flops (I added flip flops lol) it is the common look in these parts, personally I'll take glamour ovrr comfortable because I wouldn't want to look that bad and who's to say I am not comfortable dressed to the nine's
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I tend to think that I would do both Glamour and comfort. Glamour to keep up the artistry of it all, and comfort for day to day.

You can dress fem and still be comfortable.
    I envy you. I have neighbor all around me and they are so close to me, they would notice even the smallest things.
    I wish I have the freedom to go out anything and not worry about the neighbors.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Often times older people shower much less often than they did when they were younger. [...]

I think that most people left alone would opt for comfort over glamour.
    Well, I certainly like to shower every day! Here in Phoenix where I live it gets HOT most of the year, and if you're outside you can end up pretty sticky!

For the same reason, much of the time I prefer to wear... as little as possible! For instance, shorts and shoes to go for a walk, and that's all. And often, around the house... nothing! There's no point wearing more than I need to if from time to time I'm jumping in the pool to keep cool.

However, I do like to dress much of the time in the house, and while I do like to look as nice as I can, it's true that I opt for comfort and convenience over glamor. So I rarely bother with makeup, and not often with hose. But it doesn't take long to slip into a bra and panties, skirt and blouse. Or a dress. Maybe a cami top, especially in summer. Sometimes I wear pants, but I usually prefer a skirt or a dress. And sandals, and it doesn't take a moment to put on earrings, a necklace, maybe a ring.

I am fortunate enough to live on a fairly isolated lot. While I'm not "ten miles from the closest neighbor," it's rare for anyone to be nearer than a hundred yards to the house. While I wouldn't pass close up, with a wig as well I'm pretty sure I can pass at a hundred yards! So I often go out to the mailbox "dressed," or to do something else outside like reading the electric meter. I doubt that I've ever been "read." If anyone has taken any notice of me at all, they're more likely to be wondering who that "other woman" is they've seen from time to time!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by GretchenM View Post
    ...if I was in the specific situation you describe, I don't think my gender would have much importance. If I am alone wandering through a Colorado or Utah wilderness, my gender identity means nothing. Being a part of the world around me is all that matters and thinking about gender or gender expression is a distraction that can be downright dangerous in rough country - eyes on where you step and what is around you. All senses at maximum volume. Perhaps this adds some fuel to the argument that gender is a social construct and if you are not in a social situation you may find that expressing your gender is not important. Problem with that is, why are there so many people who crossdress in private?
    That's an interesting point, Gretchen. Still, there is an issue of precision. I'm afraid it could be misleading to echo the terminology some people (especially in the latter part of last century) have used by calling gender a social "construct," when what they were typically trying to claim was that gender is a purely artificial construct created arbitrarily by "society," as opposed to a biologically governed reality. However, it's perfectly fair to point out (as you did) that gender in the main serves a social function. That's to say, gender is especially relevant in the context of a social universe, and much less so in the purely physical universe that also surrounds us. When it's a matter of physical survival while alone, "gender" is irrelevant!

Why then do so many people crossdress in private while alone? I don't see that as an objection to the overall theory. Even if we're not interacting socially with other real people around us, we may be doing so in our imagination. Whether we are or not, we're still "social beings," and the way we like to express ourselves, including through dress, is an integral part of our psychic "persona," much of which is "social" in nature regardless of whether we're alone or in company.

Elsewhere, priorities being what they are, if we're out in the wilds, a pair of sturdy boots is far more practical than delicate "feminine" stiletto heels!