Thread: Not alone anymore

Not alone anymore

Two things of major importance have happened to me this month. First, I found and joined this site and began receiving great support, encouragement and ideas. Second, I jumped a major hurdle last night when I shared it all with my SO. I took to heart the advice here and I couldn't have asked for a more supportive, loving and encouraging response. My SO is all in on helping me discover and become and she expressed it not as willingness but as her desire and pleasure. Brought me to tears. So happy and excited for next steps, I'm a lucky girl.

Greetings, Michele!

It's great to see that you're integrating well and growing in confidence! . I knew you would!

Congratulations on coming out to your SO, and it pleases me to hear that she is accepting and supportive. Also much kudos to her because that can also be a very difficult step from her side. It's wonderful that you are now able to realise the potential of your feminine side after it had been so unsympathetically suppressed since your youth by the external factors that you described earlier.

Now you and your SO can support each other and set the pace at which you both grow together.

Awesome news! .

Aspiring Member
    Good for you, and good for her. I really think that, if coming out to an intimate partner blows the whole thing up, it wasn't very strong to begin with. Approached and revealed in a calm, factual way, while prepared for the usual moment-of-panic questions (the FAQs of gender nonconformity, if you will), there's no universal reason why it won't go reasonably well. My wife met and fell in love with my female persona before she ever met the boy (and got him as a sort of bonus), so it's always been easier for us, but she still, more than 15 years on, frequently takes time to re-affirm how much she appreciates my complexity and thoroughly developed feminine side.

Keep talking, keep learning, keep loving, and you both should do just fine.

Oh, and welcome here!

Great news. Glad to hear that things are going well. Take things slow and keep talking, sharing and loving.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Aspiring Member
    For every good piece of news such as yours Michele it sends me deeper into thought about my own situation. I too hope to be posting a similar thread to yourself one day.

Congrats x

Platinum Member
    Hi Michele, Ok now that the ball is in her court just don't overwhelm her with this program......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

That's wonderful. Remember, go slowly and don't overwhelm her. There are lots of threads on here on this subject, don't let the pink fog mess things up.
    Please call me Lisa!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thats great news and she sounds like a wonderful SO.
    Like Lisa stated don't go too fast too quickly. Take your time so you both can adjust.

Thanks, and I see that you and I are new members, though I am a long time in my Michele state of mind. I can say I wish I had had the conversation with my SO a long time ago. I am just learning to spread my wings. I wish for you that personal acceptance. I'll keep you in my thoughts sweetie. (may I call you that?)

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Sorry for that last post, well, not sorry but I am just learning to use this site. The last post was specifically to MissSecret but to all of you, thanks for the great advice. I have already sniffed the pink fog and mentioned it to my SO and encouraged her to share, ask and speak up and I assured her I will keep the lines of communication open. Thanks again!

Slow steady progress! but worked great for you...keep being patient and make sure you are taking her into account. Great start
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Greetings Michele,

That's wonderful!! A loving, understanding, and encouraging SO is a true treasure!!
    In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

You have a great SO

Great news. Having a supportive partner really makes the whole relationship stronger.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

That's great news. When I came out to my GF (now wife), it was like this huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders. I had never realized just how much pressure my little secret was putting on me. Congrats!
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

Aspiring Member
    Yes you are...but as most say, take your time!