Thread: The best experience ever.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar

The best experience ever.

I had the rare fortune to be en femme for two and a half days. My wife went away to visit her mother. I hosted a girl from this site and I got to teach her some makeup techniques and we had a wonderful day. I stayed home but never changed until bedtime. All I did was the wash my makeup off and eventually doffed the wig but since I wear ladies satin PJ's the feeling was not lost. The next morning I dressed to blend wearing black L'Eggs pantyhose, Gloria Vanderbilt washed denim jeans (that I wear in boy mode as well), black stretch shell with on open unbuttoned royal blue blouse. I accented it with a thin black patent leather belt, 3 inch high heeled ankle boots and appropriate jewelry and my hair and makeup as it appeared the day before in my new Avatar.
    So what made this day so memorable? I wanted to get some blood work done to but to rest some concerns from being around patients with some pretty aggressive infection. One of the nurses I work with said that I could get a lot done for a price better than my medicare copay by going to a Planned Parenthood Clinic. She told me they even took male clients. I liked everything about this idea except the male part. So, dressed as I described above I headed to a nearby Clinic. It was simply the most liberating and amazing experience of my life. The staff was amazing. First, they greated me as Stephanie with open arms. The first girl I spoke with complimented me when I showed her all my ID with my male name and gender. She immediately asked me how I would like them to refer to me. Of course I said Steph. I'm not going to tell you that I was as nervous as a cat. She could see that and calmed me by telling me that if she had not seen my ID she never would have known I was not a woman. Then she said that I should relax and enjoy being who I am. She gave me all the forms and sent me back to the waiting room to fill them out. All the forms were geared for woman, transgender and gay clients. It was cathartic to be able to fill them out honestly checking choices like, transgendered, bisexual and living gender fluid. I really appreciate the HIPPA regs. now more than ever. But it was wonderful to be able to come out even if it was to a very small group.
    After I filled out the forms and returned them I returned to the waiting room with all the 'other' women. No one ever gave me a second glance. Another hall mark this last week was that I got my first IPhone and finally ditched the flip phone. What a great little tool to ignore people with. I pulled it out of my purse and like half the women there started to text my grandson away in college to kill the time. I was totally in the zone by now. About a half an hour later the MD, a lady, called out for Steph. I noticed that she looked down at the clipboard twice as I walked toward her. I followed her to the exam room and asked her if it was OK that I was there. She smiled beautifully and said "Why not?" "Well I didn't want to cause any problems." 'What problems? The only problem I had was trying to figure out which woman in the waiting room was really a 'Robert'. You look great and who does your hair? I had to steal a line from Dolly Parton. "I don't know. I wasn't there when they made it." I could tell you more but it would be redundant. Simply the best day of my life. Steph.
    Last edited by Stephanie Julianna; 01-28-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Wow great experience Steph, glad thinks went so well for you. Hope the blood works are fine too.
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Awesome for you, and a second awesome for Planned Parenthood for having forms and procedures that made you feel comfortable. It ain't noon yet, but day is dawning.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

! Thanks for sharing an uplifting experience.

P.S. Your new avatar pic looks beautiful! It reminds me of Gloria Steinem!
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-28-2017 at 05:13 PM. Reason: no politics
    Two Spirits

Aspiring Member
    Amen to that Marcella PP provides a vast array of critical health services, often to patients who have few options and limited means, As Stephanie's story makes clear, PP is about a lot more than purely reproductive services.

Why am I not at all surprised that PP has a matter-of-fact, knowledgeable, and non-judgmental approach to helping TG patients?
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-28-2017 at 05:14 PM. Reason: no politics

Sounds really great!! Glad you shared! Praying the blood work is good! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Steph,

Great story! I get the same joy when I am out and and naturally referred to as "she". It's just a wonderful affirmation that there are good people out there that see us for who we are, not who we are supposed to be.

Let's hope the next day of your life one-ups this one!

Kandi
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

What a way to spend a couple days. I enjoyed reading your adventures. Hope all the test come back A-OK. You look very natural.

wow great experience indeed. I got last night to my self and slept en fem and I too thought it was great. 2 1/2 days...that is heaven...
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

That's so wonderful, Steph! Thank you for sharing. I wanted to keep reading, so if there's more to tell, please do!

(And good luck re: the blood tests!)
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!” -- Jack Kerouac

What a great experience and thank you for sharing, Stephanie!!

sounds like a wonderful couple of days

im glad you were accepted as steph

you do look so beautiful in your new pics

thinking of you

ally

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Gabriella, As you requested there is more. Like a said in the original narrative below, all the staff and the Doc treated me without the slightest appearance of any judgement. The young female Doc did ask if I was living full time as a woman. I was starting to feel like I was using them a bit by presenting that way and would have felt terrible ifthey ever felt that way. I really wasn't. I guess I was just looking for acceptance and hadn't expected such sincere concern and support. Anyway, I know the process from friends of mine over the years who have transitioned. I simply stated that I wasn't ready to start my one year life's test any time soon due to family considerations which is very true. The doc told me that if and when I did she wanted me to know that they were there for me. I felt like I somehow had already been welcomed into this incredible world of feminine caring and beauty by these wonderful women.. What a validating stamp of approval on how I have tried to present my female alter ego. What an experience.

I am very proud of you Stephanie...........Plan parenthood is a wonderful organization. What you did, took courage.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

wiggle it, just a lil bit Julia Welch's Avatar
    Great story ... I enjoy hearing about your adventures.
    Fun loving skirt wearer

Way to go Steph and let's hear a cheer for Planned Parenthood.

Thank you Steph - that is wonderful story to hear and so promising that the world is moving to more acceptance. I did not know PP was so open to TG patients, nor a lower cost way to get blood work done.
    Hugs, Ellen

My grandmother was a board member and president of the local Planned Parenthood chapter throughout the 1960s, and her husband, a CPA in real life, was their treasurer. My mother followed in their path by working as a bookkeeper in the clinic for 20+ years. Almost all the adults I grew up around were involved with the organization in one way or another. I am proud to hear that they are still on our side.

- Diane

Thank you for sharing that lovely story, Stephanie. Now I have one more reason to give generously to PP.