Thread: Envy

Envy

I do so envy those that have an SO or female friend to share their dressing with.
    I wish I could find someone to help me with makeup etc. Because I am so deep in the closet
    there is nobody I can turn to, it would be fantastic if as I don't venture out in public (much as I want to)
    there was someone who could shop for me, wigs clothing or shoes. Mail order is no longer an option as
    my wife is now home most of the time. My wish would be to find a female locally that could be my
    confidant and help me so perhaps I could dress with her help at her place.
    Fingers crossed this may happen one day.

Thanks for reading,
    Tracy xxx

Platinum Member
    Hi Tracy, There are so many YouTube videos on doing make-up......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Tracy, you need to at least come out to your wife as she may be that woman! If you go around and find another female it could end your marriage! Be very careful! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

No sorry Lana Mae my wife is so fixed in her idea of how things are, she would not accept
    my dressing at all. We have been married for 40+ years and I love to bits, so I can't come out
    to her it would likely end us.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

The trouble is how to raise this issue with a woman, I know several lesbian ladies but
    though they should be accepting they are friends of my family so I will not risk asking any
    of them this.
    I just don't know where to turn. Manchester has a thriving LGBT culture but as I do not go
    out in public I am stuck for ideas.
    Last edited by TracyUK; 01-30-2017 at 12:33 PM.

I'm single and shop on my own. As Blue Orchid posted, there are plenty of makeup tutorials on youtube. I can see where a woman's touch would be helpful, but it isn't necessary. And I'm not envious
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Hi Tracy
    With a strong LGBT culture I would think that there would be transformation shops in the area.
    I don't know if they would be too costly, but you could at least check them out.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Hi fellow Mancunian! Do you know about the Transformation shop on Bury Old Road, you can just walk in and get a makeover done. I'm going there soon as I can. As for being envious, I share your feelings. My SO is not someone I think would be accepting of my CDing if she knew, but for clothes, wigs make up ect I now buy for myself, (only in drab so far) and have been out several times. I'm not sure about spending time with another woman to cross dress, that might just compound the hurt if your wife found out.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I appreciate that Diane but I am desperate to have some help face to face.
    The Transform shop I did use years ago, now I have family living over the
    road so I can't use them.

TRACY MANCHESTER has a C/D meet up on a Wednesday night where you can go in drab and change there , they will give you loads of help, just Google it and you could phone one of the organizers and they will advise you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

Tracy, I'm in such a similar situation. Though my wife knows, she will never be that person. I'd love to find a female friend that would dress and hang out with me.
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

One question, WHY does it have to be a FEMALE friend.

We have a large thread on whether a CD male should have a female friend.

Sometimes another CD male would be a better choice. Not many woman would be eager to do it, unless being paid as in a dressing service.

Also in the Gay community, some Drag performers have a male friend for makeup and costuming. I was thinking of doing a (Drag) performance, and some offered to help as my makeup skills are terrible.

I think part of the reason for a FEMALE friend is for camouflage. Helps you blend in better if you're with a gg or two

I feel for you really. I am one of those with the S.O. who is really eager to make me over and have girly nights. I do feel lucky, although it has taken me 37 years to find such an open honest relationship.

I am sorry I did not find this site some years ago as it has been a great help to me
    with my confidence, not quite enough to go out to groups or bars yet.
    Had I had this level of confidence whilst still working I might have approached one
    woman at work who was a post op TS. We had all been told she was starting with us
    and told never to raise the subject with her or anyone else at work, but I would now
    I would love to have come out to her as we shared a secret. If only I had the courage
    then things could have been better.

Regrets - Tracy xxx

Mountain Lass
    Any local Mac counter (try Debenhams) will offer advice/instruction and choice. The group meet in Manchester is reliable.

As for the female friend, where do you suppose she got her makeup knowledge? Trial and error! And what would you have to offer such a friendship? Nothing is that simple....

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If you want friends that can help you have to get out and find them.
    I do get tired of hearing CDers complaining they have no one to share their CDing hobby with but yet won't make the effort to find one.
    Would rather wallow in pity.
    You have been given information on groups in your area and suggestions on where to go for make up help the rest is up to you.