Thread: Being Comfortable

Being Comfortable

I have posted a few time how much time I spend dressed when at home which is quite a bit. Actually most of the time. Almost 24/7 when I am staying home. I have gone into detail about how I am dressed when going to bed and then changing when I get up. I don't know when or how but I have realized how comfortable I am while dressed en femme. I do not go all en femme though. By that I mean make up, wig, nails done. I never ever leave the house en femme unless I am dressed from head to toe en femme meaning makeup cosmetics, wig, nails done, everything. I don't go outside the house and check the mail dressed en femme from the neck down. Not going to happen. I don't even go outside the house and check the mail completely made up from head to toe including make up and wig, etc. I hope somehow this makes sense not sure what that really means other than I am comfortable with who I am.

Everyone's journey is different. Some of us are happy wearing panties under our jeans, others need to wear fancy gowns to balls. We are all different and need to accept ourselves for who we are. Don't be too surprised, however, if you find a need to move forward. No worries if you don't, but be free to accept yourself for who you are.

Dee

Oh, Heather. It doesn't need to make sense to anyone but you. You've found what makes you happy and don't feel pressure to do anything different. That it does make you happy means just one thing - You've won! Take the money and run, girl.
    Last edited by Aunt Kelly; 02-06-2017 at 12:05 AM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Heather Anne, To each their own, Only you really know your own comfort level ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    People use the word "comfortable" here a lot. However, when I dress in 2 girdles, pads, a tuck, a silicone prosthesis over my shoulders and chest, a wig, nylons, synthetic clothing, and hi heels. Comfort is the LAST word I'd use to describe what I feel!

Maybe the word your looking for is, "comforting", Heather?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    I know that it can change over the years. It started as lingerie. When I was in middle school it was makeup and lingerie. As i went through high school it moved to fully dressed. Later it was being out and about. Now that I've reached elderly (lol) it is comfortable and makeup is not going to make me look sexy and young.

Sounds like you have reached a level many wish they could achieve! Isn't it all about being comfortable with who we are? Regardless where we are on our journey, being comfortable with where you are is an unspoken goal! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I can definitely relate to how "comfortable" you feel dressed from the neck down around the house Heather Anne, as I dress that way around our home frequently. I'll readily admit however, I'm looking forward to improving my makeup skills, and wearing my wig more frequently.

Karen

I have met a few TG people and I agree they are all different. What works for someone else may not for you? For me it is just normal now to wear women’s clothes. Do what makes you happy.

Comfortable is in the wearing of the garment the person feels relaxed, satisfied, and peaceful in. To each his own as some say. This is just the way we are. I have an old pair of boots I wear to work in. I've had them resoled several times I'm comfortable in them. Wife can't figure it out. She says " you'd wear those boots to bed if I let you, I asked would I have to take my spurs off?" My point is my wife hates wearing bras, I'm comfortable in mine. Wife hates wearing panty hose, I'm relaxed wearing mine. Wife hates wearing dresses and heels. I'm satisfied and feel calm in mine with my hose. She hates having to put on her makeup. I love putting mine on. I feel pretty, comfortable, relaxed, satisfied and at peace with my body from the very things she hates doing. To some it's a chore to some it is pleasure.
    I like DeeDee's comment just be free to accept yourself and makes you comfortable and happy.
    I add to that if you are not harming anyone else by what you wear or do, go for it.

Jaylyn the difference between you and your wife is that she is expected to wear and do the clothing and make-up everyday whereas we do it when we're in the mood. If we had to wear a bra & hose 10-12 hrs a day everyday we might feel a little different. Not that I wouldn't want to do it though.
    That said I am pretty comfortable dressing and usually am in women's clothing at home most of the time (especially leggings). However where I feel the biggest change is in when I go out as Nikki. I usually try to get out at least once a week and this is where my comfort level has really increased. I find that I can get ready much faster and I think I'm getting better with the make-up and picking out what to wear. Most of my outings are to church and I do dress conservative, but always in a dress or skirt and with hose. At first I felt uncomfortable, worrying what others thought about me. Now I have reached a level where this is me, I feel very comfortable and am able to be at ease with whatever group I happen to be sitting with.
    My smile is sincere and my confidence solid. I even go into the muggle world alone and it just feels right. The hardest part is sometimes having to revert back to drab, although after a long day it is a relief to take the bra off (yes ladies I do understand, I have walked a mile or two in your moccasins).
    Bottom line do what you feel comfortable doing, but sometimes it isn't so bad to stretch your comfort zone a bit. It took a long time for me to get to this point.

My wife and I joke about this all the time: she "gets comfortable" by removing her bra and putting on sweats and a T-shirt while I "get comfortable" by putting on a bra, pantyhose, dress, and heels!
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

I don't check the mail en femme either. It's naked or nothing.