Thread: Yoga "en femme"

Yoga "en femme"

I didn't want to hijack this thread, so I started a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisonforme View Post
    You're both right. Something about being girly (trans) really throws people off. I was at yoga the other day and thinking "Boy these people would be freaked out if I was wearing toenail polish right now." Or if I wore heels to work.
    I go to yoga quite often with painted toes. If they're freaked out, they don't say anything. However, most of my GG yoga instructors were very complimentary and appreciative.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella111 View Post
    But specifically on the topic of yoga, my best friend (who is a cisgender, hetero male) took my bf to hot yoga. My bf wore women's athletic pants, as he normally does, and my best friend thought he looked so hot that now he is rethinking his entire athletic wardrobe. "Women's athletic leggings come in so many cool designs. Men get gray, darker gray, or black." Haha. More men need to be in yoga pants with painted nails, in my opinion!
    I agree, and I usually do this.

I've been wearing women's yoga capris or leggings to yoga for about 6 months now. They're pink, purple, or floral. All of my GG yoga instructors have complimented me favorability about them. One of my GG yoga instructors even said she wanted to "steal" my floral one. I've even started wearing women's matching racerback tops. There's also one GG who has expressed some jealousy about my yoga pants. She has said when hers wear out, she'll but some prettier ones. I told here that she doesn't have to wait, and I even alerted her to a sale on yoga pants at Macy's.

Quote Originally Posted by BettyMorgan View Post
    I go to the gym wearing the spandex tights/yoga pants, cropped at the calf - you know the kind. I have seen one other male at the gym and he had a pair of shorts over top; to hide his male parts perhaps? IDK. Has anyone ever said anything? Nope. Have people stared for a few seconds - yes, but probably at my sexy legs lol. No, seriously, people don't care as much as we think about our clothing out in the general public. At the same gym they have yoga class and I take off my socks. If anyone was really interested they would see my toes painted although it is shade close to skin tone so it doesn't jump out at you like red or pink. I also wear ladies jeans just because they're so damn comfortable.
    My toes are typically painted a very obvious color, like red, blue, green or bright white.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 03-12-2017 at 02:21 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

My bf paints his toenails and fingernails in very noticeable colors as well. Red, bright pink, purple, metallic blue, etc. Sometimes he'll do designs, like polka dots, or he'll alternate colors between nails.

He always works out in women's athletic leggings, the brighter the color, the better. But always with a men's tee at least that I've seen. I didn't see his yoga outfit. I see him go to his crossfit workouts, and so he's always in tees from that gym.

Although, the last competition sold tees for men, women, and children. He bought their largest size for girls, and it fits him SO NICE! Mmm... I don't get why men's clothes designers don't make more fitted clothes for fit men. He looks so good in fitted tees, which are only made for women and girls.
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!” -- Jack Kerouac

That's awesome! I would love to wear polish and femme yoga pants but I'm DADT and I frequently bump into my SO's co-workers there.
    Good for all who are able to enjoy their freedom!

That is so cool. I have worn leggings and cute tshirts.
    Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by Alisonforme View Post
    That's awesome! I would love to wear polish and femme yoga pants but I'm DADT and I frequently bump into my SO's co-workers there. Good for all who are able to enjoy their freedom!
    I'm also DADT. I'm not aware of any of my SO's acquaintances at the gym, but it's a chance I take.

I'm somewhat uncomfortable wearing femme clothes among other men, so I limit my exposure at the gym by changing in my office at work and wearing my men's gym clothes over my femme yoga clothes until I get to the private yoga studio at the gym. I used to try to locate my yoga mat away from the men, but now I just own it. Although I've gotten comments and smiles from some of the women, the men don't even look at me. Maybe they think they'll catch it.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I mentioned this in another thread:

"I wear leggings to the health club and to yoga and while on the local walking trails. Sometimes I even wear footless dance tights with tight shorts. My color of choice is black, always. Some people notice but I've never heard a negative comment or seen a negative look. Who knows what they are thinking. At the club I have seen one other guy wearing leggings/tights and he wears them under long loose shorts (a la the NBA). I feel if you have the legs for them, wear them, as they are an acceptable male athletic fashion/performance choice."

I will add that I have frequently worn an ankle bracelet, but never polish on my toes as I never wear polish on my toes.

While doing this does, at some level, help satisfy my crossdressing desire I don't really consider it going out "in femme." Yes, I know I am wearing clothing from the women's department but John Q Public could easily assume they are just men's athletic tights, if that suited their sensibilities. I'm doing this in guy mode in every other way (i.e. guy top, no under bra, no makeup, etc.).