Thread: Mardi Gras 2006!!!!

Mardi Gras 2006!!!!

Dear Girls,
    Experienced my first MG last week and a very enjoyable and memoriable experience indeed and still a cd virgin! Some sage said: ‘MG is the largest free show in the world.’ I believe it! The parades spanned 5 days and were spectacular. Is there any other large city in the US that has greater % of civic involvement than MG NOLA? What city shuts down local fed govt offices for 48 hrs?
    I went out efem twice (once day time) and felt very comfortable (though walked my heels off!) (if you can not feel comfortable efem in NOLA, where can you? Very accepting people!!) Yes – was read a few times but…. I had ventured to Bourbon Street on Fat Tuesday (climax of MG – yes pun:cheeky: ) efem to locate 2 recommended cd friendly clubs. Maybe meet some sister cders! Bourbon Street was crazy, crowded mayhem but friendly and navigatable. The 2 cd friendly clubs were finally found and were serious (very crowded) gay bars (fit sexy young hunks everywhere! - only if I were a gg!!) where I was the only woman inside!! Hands off my breasts please!!(what a role reversal!). Forget about finding fellow cder! Found friendlier and less confined bars where it was easy to mix with everyone. Quickly taken in by a group of accepting gg elementary teachers (Bless their hearts! Ages 25 to 40. U have to love elem school teachers!) visiting from TX and wonderfully enjoined me to their friendship, hospitality, confidence, drinks, gossip, desires, fashion secrets, cabs, friends, jewelry, ex husband troubles, hotel rooms, makeup, holding hands and breast admiring. What a night that I will never forget!
    Do you have a MG story to share?
    A few photos attached (hopefully!) (no, its not me with the umbrella or birthday suit on with leg on car!)
    Love Stephanie
    Attached Images Attached Images

A few more pics (hopefully)! I am awful at computers and pics! Help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by womanatheart
    The 2 cd friendly clubs were finally found and were serious (very crowded)
    Let me take a guess....
    On Bourbon....was it OZ?