Thread: Another DADT challenge

Another DADT challenge

I have learned to be very cautious with my wife, never bringing up my dressing unless she does, at which point I will discuss anything she wants.
    What's interesting is that, even before I came out to her (and restarted my CD'ing) we had the kind of relationship where we shared a lot, including her own fashion choices and those of her friends. Maybe because subconsciously that side of me was always responsive to that?
    So with a family wedding coming up, and the idea that everyone will dress 'vintage', she showed me a picture of the 50's dress her best friend had bought, which happened to be exactly the kind of dress I want to find for myself (and her friend is the only other person that knows of my dressing, coincidentally). It was all I could do to not express my own desire to wear that dress, even as I told her how much I liked it. I know my wife, and I think that if she wanted to discuss my dressing, she would have been direct.
    The capper came when she told me about the petticoat that her friend had bought to wear under it. That sent me through the roof! Maybe I'll have to ask her friend if I can borrow it after the wedding.
    <sigh>
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Do you have a picture of the dress? This is sounding very interesting.

Unfortunately I don't. I will try and dig something up that looks like it. My desires, lately, have gone to more frilly things. A petticoat will be one of my next purchases, but of course need a nice fill circle dress under which to wear it!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Attachment 275098

Something like this

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Trying againIMG_0671.jpg
    IMG_0672.jpg

I think you should ask her if you can atbleast try it on. Who knows your wife and friend might find it exciting helping you.

It's not for several months. I may well find a way to do just that. I don't see the wife helping, though.

Nice dress I can understand why you would like to try it on, I would like possess it in a dark solid colour. If it's only purchased for the the wedding perhaps you could negotiate to purchase it after. I don't know how that would affect the DADT though, just a thought.
    gina shiney

Banned Read only
    Chelsea,
    I'm out enough to my wife to risk telling her how much I would love the style of dress especially something like the blue spotted one in the picture.

I remember my sister many years ago taking up ballroom dancing I just couldn't resist the full petticoats, my favourite was a full length paper petticoat because they were softer to wear than the layered net ones which could be scratchy .

If I were you, I would be very hesitant about approaching your wife's friend with a view to borrowing that dress even if she is accepting/supportive, and much as you might be tempted to do so - especially without advising your wife first of your intentions.

Keep it in the realm of fantasy...my sense is that nothing good could come of that, given your otherwise DADT situation...

Leslie is right. You just have to wait for her to offer.
    You wife and her probably know how you feel. So a flattering comment, a long look, maybe a deep sigh--that is about as far as you can go.

Banned Read only
    I went to eBay and entered vintage dresses and a whole lot of vintage 1950's dresses are listed including polka dot dresses with big sweeps. I know you can buy petticoats on eBay too. Get your own and play it safe.

After the wedding offer to buy the petticoat and dress off her...... Yep! For Halloween... :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Lovely dress from images- I see ones like that on AliExpress for $15-20 and a petticoat is about $6. I did get 2 tulle skirts that flare to like that.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016...7-7fdd02d59c72

Hugs, Ellen

Ellen, I purchased that very dress some time ago from Amazon, but had to send it back. Evidently a lot of this vintage styles are made and tailored in China, and even the larger sizes that are available just won't fit me. I'm currently an 18, but the Waist hugging, zippered back just won't work for me.
    Maybe a few more months of Jenny Craig, and I will try again.

It's hard not to bring up cross-dressing when there's so much on TV nowadays.

The other day my wife was going through the channels and stopped on the Shopper Club and they were selling wigs.
    She kept it on for about ten minuets, which is odd since my wife doesn't wear wigs.
    I think she was trying to see if I had any interest.

Of course I did but "I pretended to have no interest" and left the room.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Silver Member
    I'm curious in what context she showed you the picture, was there an expectation that you might encourage her to get a similar one? You could offer to go an help her find a beautiful dress for herself.
    Also this is not the point of your post, but I find it interesting that you are in a DADT but she has shared with her friend the fact that you dress. Was this done with your OK? If not how do you know that she knows? Interesting.

Good questions, Sara.
    When I came out to my wife, I, in fact, suggested that I would be fine with her talking to her best friend about it, so that is how she knows. She was quite sympathetic and open minded about it, as I suspected she would be.
    My wife already has her dress, and it would never fit me, and I consider her things off limits.

Chelsea